Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 05:43 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by chemsales
It worked! I received pictures! I have been checking TYD/Discover Current Phase multiple times per day since it was completed last Thursday. About 15 minutes ago, I received the email from Porsche announcing my car was produced. Logged in and when to Discover Current Phase and there they were! Three pictures. I am h

oping to have in time for SEC Championship Game (I hope my team is there). That is why my car is red/black/chalk stitching
You got all three!! Awesome!
The following 2 users liked this post by raymort:
djlynch (09-27-2021), MG997 (09-28-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 07:08 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,271 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by djlynch
really sharp!
Great build... finally a black targa with silver bar. I'm waiting patiently for an allocation on a semi-similar build. No rush for now though because I'm hoping euro delivery opens up and I can go early next summer for it.
The following users liked this post:
djlynch (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 134 Posts

Will be picking up my car on Wednesday. I learned that the TPMS installs are happening at the dealer AND it is an black box installation not a sensor installation. Also mine is coming with 1 key fob and a manual steering column. Porsche had me sign a one page document acknowledging this whilst promising to fix the issues ASAP.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:50 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by chemsales
It worked! I received pictures! I have been checking TYD/Discover Current Phase multiple times per day since it was completed last Thursday. About 15 minutes ago, I received the email from Porsche announcing my car was produced. Logged in and when to Discover Current Phase and there they were! Three pictures. I am hoping to have in time for SEC Championship Game (I hope my team is there). That is why my car is red/black/chalk stitching
Because you're a big Florida fan?

Old 09-27-2021, 11:58 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 95 Posts

Progress! My car is at Emden! Almost 2 months after it was built, it's finalllllllly at the port. We'll see when it actually gets on a boat........

The following 2 users liked this post by achilleas101:
radmri (09-28-2021), robert310 (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 07:28 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
Chicago is littered with speed bumps; hence FAL
while I have not taken my car to the city, I have not had a speed bump where I scratched the front end. I do not have the sports design.

Originally Posted by macgom
Oh, FAL is for winter. We get lots of snow.
I’ve yet to see this as a reason to get FAL?

Old 09-28-2021, 01:13 PM
JDMP87
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apologies in advance this is a bit of a rant.

It's been awhile since I've posted on this thread and I'll be honest I was hoping to post again with "I finally got allocation...etc" but that isn't the case. After seeing so many people posting about ordering a car in May-July and getting allocation I thought I would see if anyone has insights as to what is going on with my order.

So I placed my order at the beginning of April and received my "order demand #" at the same time. Note this doesn't mean much just my name, model (911 C4) and specs. Since then I have put my deposit down and have been waiting patiently for updates. Initially the expectation was allocation would take 3-4 months with an expected delivery of November/December, which was longer than expected but I was in no rush. Flash forward to this past week and I'm picking up my car from a service and I see my SA at the dealership and ask how it's going. Again he says there is no allocation and that he isn't sure when we will see anything.

At this point I'm frustrated and I'm curious if anyone else has experienced a similar wait? I'm in western Canada, a smaller market, so we might be given a lower priority but I'm not sure waiting 6+ months for allocation is considered standard even with delays?

Build code for reference: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIHF759
Old 09-28-2021, 01:20 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Originally Posted by JDMP87

It's been awhile since I've posted on this thread and I'll be honest I was hoping to post again with "I finally got allocation...etc" but that isn't the case. After seeing so many people posting about ordering a car in May-July and getting allocation I thought I would see if anyone has insights as to what is going on with my order.

So I placed my order at the beginning of April and received my "order demand #" at the same time. Note this doesn't mean much just my name, model (911 C4) and specs. Since then I have put my deposit down and have been waiting patiently for updates. Initially the expectation was allocation would take 3-4 months with an expected delivery of November/December, which was longer than expected but I was in no rush. Flash forward to this past week and I'm picking up my car from a service and I see my SA at the dealership and ask how it's going. Again he says there is no allocation and that he isn't sure when we will see anything.

At this point I'm frustrated and I'm curious if anyone else has experienced a similar wait? I'm in western Canada, a smaller market, so we might be given a lower priority but I'm not sure waiting 6+ months for allocation is considered standard even with delays?

you're mixing terminology there that is making your question a bit confusing. did you put an actual order in against an allocation, or just put a deposit down to get an allocation later?

in other words, do you have an order that has first page that looks like the below, where you have a V200 Vehicle status and a Comm No?

Old 09-28-2021, 01:33 PM
JDMP87
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by achilleas101
you're mixing terminology there that is making your question a bit confusing. did you put an actual order in against an allocation, or just put a deposit down to get an allocation later?

in other words, do you have an order that has first page that looks like the below, where you have a V200 Vehicle status and a Comm No?

Apologies for the confusion, I do not have a V200 vehicle status but I do have a comm #. Below is the initial email I received from my SA in April.

" I have confirmed your order demand (comm# 07****). We do not even have the 2022 models in our internal system as of yet, but I needed to create a quote. I have attached this for your review."

After this email we provided our build, placed the deposit and received the offer to purchase.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:40 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

This sounds like an "order request," which is NOT an actual order. It is used to log the request to PCNA/PAG showing customer demand/want, which could lead to an allocation.

The best way to get an answer is call your sales person and ask.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:49 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Originally Posted by raymort
This sounds like an "order request," which is NOT an actual order. It is used to log the request to PCNA/PAG showing customer demand/want, which could lead to an allocation.

yeah, that's what it sounds like to me, and i agree, call your sales person and ask explicitly - so am i putting in a request for an order so that when you get an allocation, i would be able to put an actual order in? So you do not have any ALLOCATIONS right now?

i'm assuming that's the case, and allocations vary from dealer to dealer. i called 7 places before i found a dealer that had one (back in May) and i happened to get one that just had one freed up because a guy canceled his order after he decided to get a used Turbo that was on the lot. Other dealers were telling me that they would likely get 1 or 2 allocations in the next 3-6 months for delivery in Q1 of 2022, and again, this was back in May.

Last edited by achilleas101; 09-28-2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:49 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by raymort

I can confirm this as being correct. Just talked to my SA about all the consternation surrounding GTS allocations, when this topic came up.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:51 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 290 Posts

That is odd to me given the time frame of when your order demand was created. Most people I've seen on this forum that were seeking an allocation back in April seemed to have gotten one. That may be anecdotal on my part. I got an allocation for a base Cab in May.

Turning a demand into an order today however seems to be a tough proposition.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:39 PM
radmri
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

So happy for you... the uncertainty must’ve been horrible

Originally Posted by achilleas101
Progress! My car is at Emden! Almost 2 months after it was built, it's finalllllllly at the port. We'll see when it actually gets on a boat........

Old 09-28-2021, 02:48 PM
JDMP87
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Jaye Bass
I can confirm this as being correct. Just talked to my SA about all the consternation surrounding GTS allocations, when this topic came up.
Thanks everyone for the insights, much appreciated.

I have only placed the "order request" or as my SA wrote to me an "order demand". I understand that this doesn't mean I have submitted an order and that I am currently waiting for allocation, which would move my vehicle to V200 status. I was at my dealership yesterday and I asked about my order status and my SA mentioned that they do not have any allocation and they so not know when they will get more. My question is, has anyone else experienced a 6+ month wait for allocation? It feels like a long wait given that I started the process back in April.

Thanks again in advance.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!