Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 09:29 PM
ianmSC
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Seriously consider sport chrono, will also make a big difference for trade/resale someday. Add on some small things like preparation for roof carrier and the dashcam pre-wire and the larger fuel tank and the crests in the headrests and the smoking package. You are in LA? A heated steering wheel in LA? You can get the regular GT wheel without heating.
It's almost exactly the same temperature in my area today as it is in New York. Obviously LA is nowhere close to a cold climate, but a significant portion of winter nights where I live are in the 30's...people think of greater LA weather like it's Miami or Hawaii, which it most certainly is not. Literally last week it was below freezing at my house...it's not exactly Chicago either, but it can be pretty cold in the mornings and at night. Figured for the extra $300 it's worth it.

Sport Chrono is something I've had in the past but I just don't know how much I'd use it. You do launch control a few times to show off to friends, but that's about it. The active driveline mounts are great to have, but then again I'm not going to track the car Having an individual mode again would be nice too, but not sure the whole package is worth $3k for my type of usage. Agree on some of the smaller stuff though.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:34 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 109 Posts

Hopefully my last day posting in this thread! The extra week killed me. Got through Emden in 1 day, stuck in Baltimore for 13. Go figure. I paid for it last Friday (with the bank holiday Monday) so I'm extra antsy.

GTS - Shark Blue - GTS interior with racing yellow deviated stitch - RAS/PCCB/FAL/SD side skirts/Racetex headliner/

The following 4 users liked this post by protamine:
El Edmundo (02-24-2023), johny221 (02-23-2023), minn19 (02-23-2023), PMAA (02-25-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 11:14 PM
joydrive
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 54 Posts

For anyone with a car sitting in Emden waiting for a ride to the west coast…

The next vessel leaving Emden for the United States west coast (San Diego and Benicia) is the DONG-A GLAUCOS. It is suppose to arrive in Emden on Feb 25 (today Saturday) and San Diego a month later on March 25, and Benicia on March 28. See https://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php...+KW07.2023.pdf

You can track the DONG-A GLAUCOS at https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9441867

It appears to be running late to Emden since it is sitting in Bremerhaven right now.

Take all of this with some skepticism since this is the first time I’m trying to do this.

Last edited by joydrive; 02-24-2023 at 02:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
remington (02-23-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 11:57 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,448 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by joydrive
For anyone with a car sitting in Emden waiting for a ride to the west coast…

The next vessel leaving Emden for the United States west coast (San Diego and Benicia) is the DONG-A GLAUCOS. It is suppose to arrive in Emden on Feb 25 (today) and San Diego a month later on March 25, and Benicia on March 28. See https://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php...+KW07.2023.pdf

You can track the DONG-A GLAUCOS at https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9441867

It appears to be running late to Emden since it is sitting in Bremerhaven right now.

Take all of this with some skepticism since this is the first time I’m trying to do this.
Today is actually the 23rd, but yes I believe you are correct, and yes I am sitting in Emden, having been there for almost a month, and having missed the Glovis Century for some reason that left for the West Coast 3 wks ago. I'm really hoping and expecting to get on the Glaucos and according to TYD I am going to, for what that is worth, which isn't much. In addition to your link you can also track the ship here:
https://www.myshiptracking.com/vesse...38005657-imo-0

Hoping you and I are shipmates! Coincidentally, I am a glaucoma surgeon, making my ride on the Dong A Glaucos seemingly meant to be

Last edited by remington; 02-24-2023 at 12:00 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by remington:
johny221 (02-24-2023), joydrive (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 12:06 AM
myidsucks
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by remington
Today is actually the 23rd, but yes I believe you are correct, and yes I am sitting in Emden, having been there for almost a month, and having missed the Glovis Century for some reason that left for the West Coast 3 wks ago. I'm really hoping and expecting to get on the Glaucos and according to TYD I am going to, for what that is worth, which isn't much. In addition to your link you can also track the ship here:
https://www.myshiptracking.com/vesse...38005657-imo-0

Hoping you and I are shipmates! Coincidentally, I am a glaucoma surgeon, making my ride on the Dong A Glaucos seemingly meant to be
I'm hoping to be on that ship as well and I've been watching it for a bit. It was scheduled to get to the port it's currently in 2/23 and be there for two days, arriving in Emden on 2/25. My car was built on 2/2 and released for transport 2/3 - this is the last milestone that shows complete. TYD shows the expected date for step 7 (arrival at the port) as 2/12 and shows the expected date for step 8 (left the port of shipment) as 2/27, which is the date I anticipate the Dong a Glaucos will leave Emden. Anyway, my fingers are crossed that my car makes it on that ship because the next one isn't for nearly 2 weeks.

The following 2 users liked this post by myidsucks:
joydrive (02-24-2023), remington (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 12:23 AM
remington
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by myidsucks
I'm hoping to be on that ship as well and I've been watching it for a bit. It was scheduled to get to the port it's currently in 2/23 and be there for two days, arriving in Emden on 2/25. My car was built on 2/2 and released for transport 2/3 - this is the last milestone that shows complete. TYD shows the expected date for step 7 (arrival at the port) as 2/12 and shows the expected date for step 8 (left the port of shipment) as 2/27, which is the date I anticipate the Dong a Glaucos will leave Emden. Anyway, my fingers are crossed that my car makes it on that ship because the next one isn't for nearly 2 weeks.
Mine was built 1/20 and arrived at Emden port 1/25, and TYD also shows a ship departure date of 2/27...fingers crossed! Final destination for mine is Fresno via Benicia/SF Bay. Hope we are shipmates.
joydrive (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 01:58 AM
El Edmundo
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by repcapale
It is interesting that some cars get completed so quickly while others have endless delays. I am on my second 3 week delay after receiving the first 3 production phots. No aerokit.

I wonder if some markets get prioritized and/or dealers?
I received 3 photos last week, my GTS looked complete except for missing the Aerokit wing, and delivery to dealer date was pushed out to end of May..........I'm wondering where the heck they're storing all the partially completed cars?
The following 2 users liked this post by El Edmundo:
EXFIB (02-24-2023), homebrew (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 02:19 AM
El Edmundo
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by protamine
Hopefully my last day posting in this thread! The extra week killed me. Got through Emden in 1 day, stuck in Baltimore for 13. Go figure. I paid for it last Friday (with the bank holiday Monday) so I'm extra antsy.

GTS - Shark Blue - GTS interior with racing yellow deviated stitch - RAS/PCCB/FAL/SD side skirts/Racetex headliner/

If it sat in Baltimore for that long better check for bullet holes
protamine (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 06:14 AM
joshua4694
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone know if theres a stop order for the gts interior package in carmine red? , i checked my technical data on tracking my order and its not showing up on the list of options everything else is there.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:02 AM
355Shawn
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by joshua4694
Anyone know if theres a stop order for the gts interior package in carmine red? , i checked my technical data on tracking my order and its not showing up on the list of options everything else is there.
I hope not, I’m waiting for mine to go into production in just over a month and mine has GTS interior with carmine red. I also don’t think it would be a stop order due to an entire interior - it would probably be based on individual components of the interior. Fingers crossed…

I just looked in the technical data for my build, it’s not showing GTS interior in mine either, but again I’m not too worried that an entire interior would cause a stop order.

Also, I don’t think they would remove options out of your technical sheet because of a stop order. Additionally, I would think that Porsche would account for significant delays in the timeline for production and delivery in the app. For example, mine is showing production starts on 4/16, for my build - if the GTS interior was a stop order, I would think that date would get moved further out.

Coincidentally, I had asked my SA what he was seeing on his end for a freeze date, a couple of weeks ago he saw a date that was a couple of weeks later than the freeze point showing I the app. That either means we can trust nothing in the app, or my car got pulled forward and will be produced sooner than what was originally planned. The SA said that he’s seen several cars recently get pulled forward and produced sooner - so I’m hoping that’s what’s going on with mine.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:06 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,548 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by ianmSC
It's almost exactly the same temperature in my area today as it is in New York. Obviously LA is nowhere close to a cold climate, but a significant portion of winter nights where I live are in the 30's...people think of greater LA weather like it's Miami or Hawaii, which it most certainly is not. Literally last week it was below freezing at my house...it's not exactly Chicago either, but it can be pretty cold in the mornings and at night. Figured for the extra $300 it's worth it.

Sport Chrono is something I've had in the past but I just don't know how much I'd use it. You do launch control a few times to show off to friends, but that's about it. The active driveline mounts are great to have, but then again I'm not going to track the car Having an individual mode again would be nice too, but not sure the whole package is worth $3k for my type of usage. Agree on some of the smaller stuff though.
Im also here to make the argument for Sport Chrono... You may feel like you "don't need it" but as soon as you dont have it I think you might regret it. The sport+ and additional sporty dynamics of the car are great for back road driving too... and in all honesty it makes the car so much easier to sell down the road because every single dealer and buyer is looking for that box to be checked... I know its your car, for you... and I dont usually recommend things to people for the next guy, but I think Sport Chrono is one of those options that really should just be on every single porsche and built into the price of the car.. Just my 2 cents
Swayze (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 10:32 AM
Swayze
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by El Edmundo
If it sat in Baltimore for that long better check for bullet holes
On the plus side if you were upset about not getting Michelins you can probably pick those out when you are replacing the missing rims.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:46 AM
YYC991.2
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by El Edmundo
I received 3 photos last week, my GTS looked complete except for missing the Aerokit wing, and delivery to dealer date was pushed out to end of May..........I'm wondering where the heck they're storing all the partially completed cars?
I'm in the same boat re: timeline. It's been at least 3 weeks that I have had photos, but the dealer date continues to get pushed out. It was initially end of March and now is end of June, despite production starting mid January. Production completion date is still showing March 9th, but I'm guessing that will get pushed back. I can only assume that the aerokit is the issue for me as well...
The following 2 users liked this post by YYC991.2:
El Edmundo (03-01-2023), johny221 (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 12:05 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 355Shawn

Also, I don’t think they would remove options out of your technical sheet because of a stop order. .
I had Bose on my build order and it was removed when it became unavailable. This was before the lock however.

Last edited by remington; 02-24-2023 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 12:24 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Swayze
On the plus side if you were upset about not getting Michelins you can probably pick those out when you are replacing the missing rims.

Are the criminals so sophisticated now that they have the center lock torque wrenches now?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!