Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 02:22 PM
Sully819
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeM3768
Hello,

Looking for anyone who may have more insight than my SA can provide. I have a C2S on order that according to the tracking document he can pull it had completed production on 12/09/21 with the last event of 'V300 Vehicle completion (CP 8.0)'. The next step without an 'Actual Date' is 'V331 Entry Port Emden'. The car will come over on a ship that will deliver to the port of Houston.

When I look on the 'trackyourdream' website the current step also shows the car is in route to the port of Emden.

Assuming that the car did actually complete production as indicated, can anyone explain why it is taking over a month to get from the factory to the port holding yard?

Thanks,
George
Originally Posted by GeorgeM3768
Same situation, C2S exited production on 12/10 and TYD showing started en route to Emden on 12/13 with expected arrival on 12/17 and has yet to complete. I also noticed around the same time it was in transit to Emden that the expected delivery to the dealer went from around February 8th to March 18. This car is going to be off loaded in Houston.

Asked dealer and they have no clue and appear to not have the ability to figure out what the hold up is. Pretty frustrating. Started this process in early May of last year and still no idea when I will get a car.
Going through the same thing. I wonder if some 911 builds with certain specs have been held up because of missing parts/parts shortage. Mine is a manual C2S, completed production on 12/14/21.

After lurking this forum for a while, I noticed other members cars were loaded to the Seim Cicero(left Emden on 1/4/22)who had build completion dates after mine.

Best of luck to everyone.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:28 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 45 Posts

I figured the vehicle would be complete since I received the photos of when it’s finished with production within the track your dream application.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:34 PM
ixsomerset
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

From tomingrassia
ordered targa4s in july....was 4th in line for allocati. contract for msrp. on....now first in line.
That's a Targa 4S though, I'm focused on the 4. Sounds like Targa 4S is being produced and maybe a year to get to.

My concern is with the Targa 4 (not the 4S) is anyone seeing progress?

Last edited by ixsomerset; 01-17-2022 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added quote of what this is in reply to
Old 01-17-2022, 03:22 PM
Sully819
Advanced

Originally Posted by voyagez.fr
I figured the vehicle would be complete since I received the photos of when it’s finished with production within the track your dream application.
I could be wrong but I’m not sure production photos show a completed vehicle on TYD. Most, if not all pics people have uploaded, including mine, do not have the center wheel caps installed(non-center lock wheels). According to my SA, cars are being built and shipped by Porsche since the beginning of the pandemic that need TPMS, power adjustment steering column, etc., completed. Some of this is done in Emden or before, some at the delivery port, some at the dealer.

Old 01-17-2022, 03:29 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sully819
I could be wrong but I’m not sure production photos show a completed vehicle on TYD. Most, if not all pics people have uploaded, including mine, do not have the center wheel caps installed(non-center lock wheels). According to my SA, cars are being built and shipped by Porsche since the beginning of the pandemic that need TPMS, power adjustment steering column, etc., completed. Some of this is done in Emden or before, some at the delivery port, some at the dealer.
Good point. My photo doesn’t have the center wheel caps either now that I look closer. Here is the pic from track your dream.

Last edited by voyagez.fr; 01-17-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:41 PM
Sully819
Advanced

Good point. My photo doesn’t have the center wheel caps either now that I look closer. Here is the pic from track your dream.

Nice build!

Do you have FAL?

Old 01-17-2022, 03:45 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Nice build!

Do you have FAL?
Thank you and no FAL. I do have the 14-way seats which I’m wondering if there is a shortage of chips causing the delay.

There was some vehicles with the steering wheel being delivered fixed and then the chip would be installed later.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:48 PM
Sully819
Advanced

Thank you and no FAL. I do have the 14-way seats which I’m wondering if there is a shortage of chips causing the delay.

There was some vehicles with the steering wheel being delivered fixed and then the chip would be installed later.

My build.

The following 3 users liked this post by Sully819:
CZS (01-26-2022), TripleL (01-18-2022), voyagez.fr (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 04:16 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I have a 2021 Targa 4 — I wanted the PDK which is the only trans offered on the Targa 4. If you need the stick shift than you have to pay an extra $20,000 for the 4S so you can get the manual trans for “free” and lose 5/10ths of a second 0-60 making the S no faster than the Targa 4 with a PDK.

I used the extra $20,000 to load the car with all kinds of performance, luxury and drivers aids. Also in 2018 - the last year that the 991 Targa was built there was only something like 16 Targa 4’s imported to the states and 500 Targas of other configurations. Porsche builds a lot more Targa 4S models than the Targa 4. A lot of people just have to have that S on the back - and the extra 50 hp that is rather trivial on a lunch wagon like the Targa that is unlikely to see a track. My opinion. Others love the S. So oddly the S is almost always easier to get an allocation for because Porsche builds a lot more of them. Likely because the S is a lot more profitable. The S has slightly larger turbo blades —- can’t cost Porsche much more in actual costs.

also my Targa 4 is crazy fast with 389 hp and I can’t stand on the accelerator getting on the freeway for more than a few seconds to get the car up to illegal speeds. And turns out the Targa 4 can cruise at 70-80 mph for hours at the same speed that the Targa 4s.

mine is Metallic white which cost an extra $860 and was not worth the money over the free white. The metallic is so fine it is only possible to even notice only in the brightest sunlight by looking low the fender. The interior on mine is dipped Bordeaux red which I was worried might be room much but is really fantastic- in my opinion. The dash does not reflect into the windshield which was a major concern.

I paid msrp for my Targa which was a bargain in retrospect.

The following 2 users liked this post by Targa32:
TripleL (01-18-2022), westcoastj (01-18-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 04:57 PM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Finally got the pictures! It seems there are two different sources of information in the website. One for status tracking and one for overall progress.
i

Last edited by Surfingstephens; 01-17-2022 at 06:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Surfingstephens:
Sully819 (01-17-2022), TripleL (01-18-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 05:25 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

My build.
Great build. Really like the wheels against agate exterior.
The following users liked this post:
Sully819 (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 05:30 PM
VRJ
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by inthesticks
For those that got pics of their cars - at what stage of TYD did these get sent out? Mine's produced and on its way to Emden.
I didn't get a production photo until it sat at Emden for a week or so. Better late than never I guess!
Surfingstephens (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 05:43 PM
lastsun
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I have a 2021 Targa 4 — I wanted the PDK which is the only trans offered on the Targa 4. If you need the stick shift than you have to pay an extra $20,000 for the 4S so you can get the manual trans for “free” and lose 5/10ths of a second 0-60 making the S no faster than the Targa 4 with a PDK.

I used the extra $20,000 to load the car with all kinds of performance, luxury and drivers aids. Also in 2018 - the last year that the 991 Targa was built there was only something like 16 Targa 4’s imported to the states and 500 Targas of other configurations. Porsche builds a lot more Targa 4S models than the Targa 4. A lot of people just have to have that S on the back - and the extra 50 hp that is rather trivial on a lunch wagon like the Targa that is unlikely to see a track. My opinion. Others love the S. So oddly the S is almost always easier to get an allocation for because Porsche builds a lot more of them. Likely because the S is a lot more profitable. The S has slightly larger turbo blades —- can’t cost Porsche much more in actual costs.

also my Targa 4 is crazy fast with 389 hp and I can’t stand on the accelerator getting on the freeway for more than a few seconds to get the car up to illegal speeds. And turns out the Targa 4 can cruise at 70-80 mph for hours at the same speed that the Targa 4s.

mine is Metallic white which cost an extra $860 and was not worth the money over the free white. The metallic is so fine it is only possible to even notice only in the brightest sunlight by looking low the fender. The interior on mine is dipped Bordeaux red which I was worried might be room much but is really fantastic- in my opinion. The dash does not reflect into the windshield which was a major concern.

I paid msrp for my Targa which was a bargain in retrospect.

Beautiful build especially the all-red interior with chalk stitching. I have a 2022 992 C2 on order with a similar spec white exterior with red interior and black wheels and I am glad you thought the carrera metallic white was not worth it because I was debating if I should spend that extra 800. Also, I think the red interior is underrated. People hate it because they think it's too much but I think it's beautiful and not too bright of a red which makes it perfect in my opinion. I hope you enjoy the car! Did you add that carbon fiber near the gear shifter? Looks nice!

Last edited by lastsun; 01-17-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:57 PM
lastsun
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone know why the Porsche track your dream says that my freeze date is 1.5 months away but my dealer says the freeze date is within a week from today? One customer backed out on a 992 C2 allocation so I placed my order and I feel so lucky! This is my build (configurator is buggy. Supposed to have a black Porsche logo in the back) scheduled for production in April and delivery in May. I've heard that if you get closer to June delivery we may be able to get 2023 MY instead which I really don't want to happen as there are rumors about increased MSRP by 5-8% due to inflation. Anyone in the same situation?

Old 01-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by VRJ
I didn't get a production photo until it sat at Emden for a week or so. Better late than never I guess!
Same here, except in route to Emden. I get the feeling there is someone manually attaching the photos and updating the summary update and they get behind doing it.
VRJ (01-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!