Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 12:12 AM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Macolata
Received the email that my C2S had finished production on May10th along with this lovely photo of it! The original delivery estimate was June 25th. But on TYD it keeps being moved. CP8.0 is now not until June 11th and delivery July 23rd. Totally confused as to how I can receive the email and photo saying it had finished production and being prepped for ship, now on TYD it won’t finish production until a month later. Is TYD accurate?

short answer is no, but cool anyway
The following users liked this post:
Macolata (05-22-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 01:08 AM
MustangTornado
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Thescout13
Is that white on spyder wheels? If so, please post a ton of pictures after delivery!
chalk. i’ll still post some pics though

trying to decide if rims should be satin black to match the targa bar
Old 05-22-2021, 02:27 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangTornado
chalk. i’ll still post some pics though

trying to decide if rims should be satin black to match the targa bar
Ha! I totally missed that was a Targa. That explains all the protective cover up top.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:20 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by achilleas101
hey all, first time poster, now that I just put in an order for a Gentian blue C4s in the 7spd manual. Expected delivery is mid October. Out of 7 dealers i contacted, only 1 had an allocation for a C4s. Crazy. I'm a first time Porsche buyer, though. Selling my Imola Yellow S4 6 spd, so with my love of yellow, was a tough choice between the gentian blue and racing yellow, but alas, i decided to draw a little less attention to myself. I do so love the S4, sad to see it go, but psyched to finally get my dream car. And yes, i ordered the Atlanta experience.
Welcome to the club! Based on recent/current experience, the fact that you found an allocation from anyone right away is surprising - very fortunate. Good choice on the color, BTW and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that once your C4S arrives you're not going to be missing that S4 anymore. Also, if timing of delivery is an issue check with your dealership as the Atlanta PEC delivery experience can add several weeks or more to your delivery timeline. I opted out of that when I heard of the delay (mine was going to be about a month) and went to the PEC as a separate trip.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:47 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Macolata;17445667]Received the email that my C2S had finished production on May10th along with this lovely photo of it! The original delivery estimate was June 25th. But on TYD it keeps being moved. CP8.0 is now not until June 11th and delivery July 23rd. Totally confused as to how I can receive the email and photo saying it had finished production and being prepped for ship, now on TYD it won’t finish production until a month later. Is TYD accurate?

Longer answer is not always, but also doesn't track all the milestones. I've also seen date discrepancies between TYD dates and printouts from the PSVM system, but those generally correct after a few days. I would have your dealer run a tracking sheet for you (or send a screenshot) from the PSVM system to see if any issues identified there. You could be stuck somewhere between V270 (Vehicle exit production - CP 7.8), V280 (Vehicle enter CT [custom tailoring] assembly), V290 (Vehicle exit CT assembly), and V300 (Vehicle completion - CP 8.0) if you have a number of "Exclusive Manufacture" options. TYD does not track all the milestones, so get a report and find out for sure. If you've not seen such a report, see attachment. The CT process generally only takes a day or so - if it is stuck there it may suggest some other supply chain issue. Hopefully not the case.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Tracking Sheet.pdf (32.4 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by dgtarga; 05-22-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:14 PM
WS911
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler Borg
Almost same thing here for me. I am scheduled to start production tomorrow. Delivery is scheduled July 16th but at this point who knows.
did your TYD update to In Production. My start build date is 5/28 with July 16 delivery through Jacksonville port.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:07 PM
Macolata
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Longer answer is not always, but also doesn't track all the milestones. I've also seen date discrepancies between TYD dates and printouts from the PSVM system, but those generally correct after a few days. I would have your dealer run a tracking sheet for you (or send a screenshot) from the PSVM system to see if any issues identified there. You could be stuck somewhere between V270 (Vehicle exit production - CP 7.8), V280 (Vehicle enter CT [custom tailoring] assembly), V290 (Vehicle exit CT assembly), and V300 (Vehicle completion - CP 8.0) if you have a number of "Exclusive Manufacture" options. TYD does not track all the milestones, so get a report and find out for sure. If you've not seen such a report, see attachment. The CT process generally only takes a day or so - if it is stuck there it may suggest some other supply chain issue. Hopefully not the case.
That’s great info thanks! I’m new to the forum and 1st time Porsche for me. My dream car so I’ll be over the moon whenever it arrives. Just confused over the discrepancy between TYD and the homepage “we’ve produced your car, and prepping it for it’s journey” email. It’s seems to be stuck somewhere in there and the next milestone seems to be way off. Sounds like supply chain could be an explanation, but I’m hoping not. I’ll ask my dealer for a report and hopefully that clears it up at least.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:22 PM
Josh911
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moosedoc
My C4S is at the Baltimore Port being “processed”
as per TYD. My delivery date has been pushed back from 5/21 to 6/4 😕. Hopefully it arrives sooner (weird, I feel like I can’t call my car “she” until I actually see “her”) 🤪
where about is final destination?
Old 05-22-2021, 09:42 PM
jeffclevenger
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 58 Posts

[QUOTE=dgtarga;17446019]
Originally Posted by Macolata
Received the email that my C2S had finished production on May10th along with this lovely photo of it! The original delivery estimate was June 25th. But on TYD it keeps being moved. CP8.0 is now not until June 11th and delivery July 23rd. Totally confused as to how I can receive the email and photo saying it had finished production and being prepped for ship, now on TYD it won’t finish production until a month later. Is TYD accurate?

Great info and thanks for posting the report. Curious, what options determine if the car goes through the CT process?
svkarl (05-23-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 12:10 AM
ChrisGT3
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Anyone’s freeze date move up significantly? My freeze date is 58 days away, and I think I’m going to drive myself crazy second guessing my options 😅
Old 05-23-2021, 01:33 AM
Nickolaus
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

If anyones car is on the Harmony Leader like mine, here are the shipping details.

Looks like mine is coming a month early and hoping on this now per TYD.

Gen8Gentian (05-23-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 01:35 AM
jeffclevenger
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisGT3
Anyone’s freeze date move up significantly? My freeze date is 58 days away, and I think I’m going to drive myself crazy second guessing my options 😅
I hear ya - as of this morning, 1 month, 26 days, 15 hours and 1 minute. Not that I am counting!

Old 05-23-2021, 01:43 AM
ChrisGT3
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffclevenger
I hear ya - as of this morning, 1 month, 26 days, 15 hours and 1 minute. Not that I am counting!

Same. This is going to be brutal.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:50 AM
wannarun
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by formisano
Same exact dates here. Should have reached the milestone "Scheduled for production" on May 14th, but no movement on TYD.
Production scheduled to start on 5/28 and end on 6/04. We'll see what happens. Good luck to you!
similar dates here too. My scheduled for production date was last Friday but nothing happened on TYD.

Start Production 5/28

i just don’t see how it take 3 weeks post production to get on a boat.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:59 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wannarun
similar dates here too. My scheduled for production date was last Friday but nothing happened on TYD.

Start Production 5/28

i just don’t see how it take 3 weeks post production to get on a boat.
You'll notice on TYD or if you get a printout from the PSVM system from your dealer that all future "expected" dates are Fridays - just their default. The three weeks from arrival at Emden to departure is also a default value that they put in for every car. The actual time at port depends entirely on timing of your car's arrival and the arrival of the next (or the one after) ship into port that is stopping at your destination port. I've ordered several over the past few years and none have taken the full three weeks to get on a ship. My last one (Cayenne) arrived at the port the day before the ship that it got on. Just luck of the draw.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!