Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 03:42 PM
lamps5
Track Day

Received 45 Likes on 8 Posts

Ordered. February ETA.
The following 3 users liked this post by lamps5:
BadlyDrawnBoy (08-14-2022), GuardsRed992 (08-17-2022), Lucent (08-18-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 05:00 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 981 Likes on 318 Posts

We're two weeks out to departure for our ED! Here's our driving route that is about finalized -- 947 miles in 9 days. We're very excited indeed!

POIs include:

Leipzig Track/Factory experience
Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen
Christophorus Restaurant
Lucerne
Rhone Glacier
Furka Pass
Schaffhausen
MotorWorld
WildLine
All Saints' Abbey
Baden-Baden

The following 5 users liked this post by woobiee:
EXFIB (08-13-2022), k-dogg (08-16-2022), Kritz (08-13-2022), ns4w (08-13-2022), tomingrassia (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 08:05 PM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PUGPROUD
I agreed to buy a 992 GTS that has been manufactured and waiting on the dock in Germany to be shipped to the US by the end of August.
I asked my dealer if I could track my car's progress and he informed me that it takes Porsche two weeks at least before the
system would allow me to track the car. Coming from a corporate culture where our customers can immediately track production of
our products starting the day the order is placed I was surprised and disappointed. Seems to me Porsche is behind the curve in this area
versus what others are doing. What say you?
The app is notoriously lagging and inaccurate but it does correct itself eventually. It is down about 5% of the time.

But do other manufacturers offer this?

Last edited by tomingrassia; 08-13-2022 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-13-2022, 08:16 PM
PUGPROUD

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes many manufactures do. BMW's is excellent and so is Ford's based on personal experience.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:59 PM
dblessing
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone still stuck at Davisville that was on the Sunshine Ace? My car says it’s been processed within a day of arriving but still waiting to leave for the dealer. TYD said last Friday, now next Friday. Are there any stop sales slowing certain specs down?
Old 08-14-2022, 11:02 PM
dblessing
Track Day

I agreed to buy a 992 GTS that has been manufactured and waiting on the dock in Germany to be shipped to the US by the end of August.
I asked my dealer if I could track my car's progress and he informed me that it takes Porsche two weeks at least before the
system would allow me to track the car. Coming from a corporate culture where our customers can immediately track production of
our products starting the day the order is placed I was surprised and disappointed. Seems to me Porsche is behind the curve in this area
versus what others are doing. What say you?
Email customersupport at porsche com and ask for Track Your Dream access. That’s what I had to do. I waited weeks and weeks and it never showed up until I asked support.
Old 08-14-2022, 11:03 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dblessing
Anyone still stuck at Davisville that was on the Sunshine Ace? My car says it’s been processed within a day of arriving but still waiting to leave for the dealer. TYD said last Friday, now next Friday. Are there any stop sales slowing certain specs down?
I was at my dealers a couple days ago ... the SM said there is a new inspector at Davisville, and he's going over every panel with a fine toothed comb. Apparently, this is causing some hostage issues holding things up. I can't confirm this, but that's what I was told.
The following 2 users liked this post by Baggerdude:
CatVaux (08-15-2022), dblessing (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 06:13 AM
PUGPROUD

My GTS is on San Martin due into Davisville on 8/20. Can anyone tell me how many days it took to get your Porsche
delivered from Davisville arrival to your dealership? After reading so many stories about delays and misinformation I'm
trying to manage my expectations based on other's actual experiences. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
CatVaux (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 08:37 AM
Blantons
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

My GTS is on San Martin due into Davisville on 8/20. Can anyone tell me how many days it took to get your Porsche
delivered from Davisville arrival to your dealership? After reading so many stories about delays and misinformation I'm
The time for me was 8 days from arrival at port to dealer delivery. No port installed options. I had a same day transit time from port departure to dealership. Dealership 80 mi. YMMV
Old 08-15-2022, 09:07 AM
PUGPROUD

Thanks, very encouraging.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:06 PM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts

May help others.

TARGA 4S dropped in Baltimore port 8/12 from SupremeAce. At dealer 8/15.

Picking her up Thursday!
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 08:55 PM
dblessing
Track Day

Dealer called today saying my car was released to transport company. It arrived in port on Aug 2 and released Aug 16. Should be at dealer within 48 hours (Davisville to New Jersey). FWIW TYD hasn’t updated yet.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:03 AM
Tun16
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Congratulations, I have a GTS on the San Martin also. My dealership about 65 miles from Davisville told me its been taking about a week from the ship docking to arrival at the dealership. Obviously there are exceptions. Unfortunately for me I'm in the next state over from my dealer and have been told they cant do temp tags in the state so I have to wait another 10 days for them to title and register the car, seems crazy. Im trying to get them to release the car to me and have my local detailer trailer it to his shop to do PPF and ceramic while we are waiting for the registration.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:37 AM
PUGPROUD

Originally Posted by Tun16
Congratulations, I have a GTS on the San Martin also. My dealership about 65 miles from Davisville told me its been taking about a week from the ship docking to arrival at the dealership. Obviously there are exceptions. Unfortunately for me I'm in the next state over from my dealer and have been told they cant do temp tags in the state so I have to wait another 10 days for them to title and register the car, seems crazy. Im trying to get them to release the car to me and have my local detailer trailer it to his shop to do PPF and ceramic while we are waiting for the registration.
Thanks and congratulations to a fellow GTS owner as well! Davisville is about 150 miles away from my dealer who is also one state away from where I live. Dealer will be able to transfer plates from my trade in and as part of our negotiations agreed to provide ceramic coating at no charge. Keep me posted on your delivery and initial reaction to your new ride and I'll do the same.
Old 08-17-2022, 05:55 PM
OTM
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tomingrassia
May help others.

TARGA 4S dropped in Baltimore port 8/12 from SupremeAce. At dealer 8/15.

Picking her up Thursday!
I was also on Supreme Ace. I’m still showing Port Processing. Ugh.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!