Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Anthony992
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
I'm leaving the room not because my Targa arrived but because my dealer didn't receive any Targa allocations. My order is being canceled today, and my deposit is being returned. I'm not completely disappointed, as I love driving my Macan and can drive my wife's 997 whenever I need a sports car fix. I might start looking for an allocation elsewhere, or I might just wait until next year and order a 2022. I'll be living in Pasadena then and will have access to some larger dealers. If anyone hears of any dealers with unfilled Targa allocations, let me know.
Sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully you will find an allocation soon. COVID has done a number on the supply of new vehicles, especially those in high demand.
The following users liked this post:
Todd C (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 02:34 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm leaving the room not because my Targa arrived but because my dealer didn't receive any Targa allocations. My order is being canceled today, and my deposit is being returned. I'm not completely disappointed, as I love driving my Macan and can drive my wife's 997 whenever I need a sports car fix. I might start looking for an allocation elsewhere, or I might just wait until next year and order a 2022. I'll be living in Pasadena then and will have access to some larger dealers. If anyone hears of any dealers with unfilled Targa allocations, let me know.
I have my C2S Cab on order for early 2021 delivery with a local dealer in SoCal. I just missed out on their additional Targa allocation by 12 hrs. My SA did a nationwide search and as of last week there were only 3 open/customizable allocations out there, all out of state. The GM tried trading for one, but all 3 dealers were keeping them. So I was told, FYI. He's hoping they may get an additional allocation in the last quarter, but I would assume all the dealerships are vying with PNA for these as well.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:12 PM
Iceman23
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kpblade
I have my C2S Cab on order for early 2021 delivery with a local dealer in SoCal. I just missed out on their additional Targa allocation by 12 hrs. My SA did a nationwide search and as of last week there were only 3 open/customizable allocations out there, all out of state. The GM tried trading for one, but all 3 dealers were keeping them. So I was told, FYI. He's hoping they may get an additional allocation in the last quarter, but I would assume all the dealerships are vying with PNA for these as well.

Congrats on C2S. I just finished ordering my C2SMT for myself and my brother was on waiting list for 5 months for Targa4S. My SA has heritage T4S available. If you’d like it, I can ask him for you. The Targas are hard to come by.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:37 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman23
Congrats on C2S. I just finished ordering my C2SMT for myself and my brother was on waiting list for 5 months for Targa4S. My SA has heritage T4S available. If you’d like it, I can ask him for you. The Targas are hard to come by.
Thanks for the offer, but a little more than I can afford. If I had the $$$, the Turbo starts looking better me. I'm happy with my C2S, build, but still possibly looking for a Targa 4S
Old 08-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Iceman23
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kpblade
Thanks for the offer, but a little more than I can afford. If I had the $$$, the Turbo starts looking better me. I'm happy with my C2S, build, but still possibly looking for a Targa 4S
Agreed on price point. I’m very much looking forward to my C2S. Enjoy in good health when it arrives!
Old 08-01-2020, 08:47 PM
diss7
Racer

Received 393 Likes on 111 Posts

Hi chaps.

Current 991.2 C2 owner, also have a Landcruiser for family duties, a Radical for track.

Hoping to get a GT3 Touring in 2022.

My current 911 is a mostly weekend but occasional DD. I use it a lot when going on work trips to the big smoke, also mountain pass road trips. Never track it, any 911 feels like a boat compared to the SR3 anyway.

I’ve order a 992 C2 to replace the 991.2. I really like my current 911 but looking to just make a couple of additions / tweaks to the spec. Mainly to just class it up a little, little more comfort, without going overboard.http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLIPEY7

Sports Plus 4 way (have 14 ways currently, want slightly more support and also manual slide)
Acoustic Glass (mainly because only way to get ride of mandatory rear wiper in the NZ base spec, but also the acoustic & thermal benefits are welcomed)
Heated non GT wheel (prefer over GT)
Seat Ventilation
Wood trim

We get full leather and Bose as standard.

Wish I could get the 930 package, but requires 18 ways and I would rather the manual slide.

I’m happy with the C2 tail pipes, black calipers, and no sports chrono. I’m happy with the ride height also. Been there done that with overly low cars.

Love the standard Carrera S wheels in silver and black exterior. Most black cars appear to be with the classic wheels.

The following 2 users liked this post by diss7:
gcurnew (08-02-2020), Vintage72 (08-04-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 11:45 PM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry to hear Tom. I'm sure a Targa is around the corner for you. I'm looking forward to meeting you when you headup I5 to your visits into Oregon from Pasadena.

After the first allocation was given to another customer, I'm, apparently, number 1 in line for a Targa, allocation at my local dealer now. This is fine for me. And I might very well, wait well into next year to obtain the new Targa.

I'm not sure how it worked for you. My understanding was that all, or some dealers received allocations, perhaps only 1, with Oct or Nov. 2020 builds. And maybe, if recall correctly, I read on Rennlist, that there will be no more Targa allocations for this year. However, you were looking for a allocation with an 2021 build date. Wouldn't those allocation come later in 2020 for early 2021. Why would you give up now, when Porsche has not done allocations for the year 2021 yet for any 911s, let alone, the Targa. Maybe there is more information out there that I do not know about.
Regards,
Mark

Last edited by markanth; 08-01-2020 at 11:46 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth
Sorry to hear Tom. I'm sure a Targa is around the corner for you. I'm looking forward to meeting you when you headup I5 to your visits into Oregon from Pasadena.

After the first allocation was given to another customer, I'm, apparently, number 1 in line for a Targa, allocation at my local dealer now. This is fine for me. And I might very well, wait well into next year to obtain the new Targa.

I'm not sure how it worked for you. My understanding was that all, or some dealers received allocations, perhaps only 1, with Oct or Nov. 2020 builds. And maybe, if recall correctly, I read on Rennlist, that there will be no more Targa allocations for this year. However, you were looking for a allocation with an 2021 build date. Wouldn't those allocation come later in 2020 for early 2021. Why would you give up now, when Porsche has not done allocations for the year 2021 yet for any 911s, let alone, the Targa. Maybe there is more information out there that I do not know about.
Regards,
Mark
Mark,
I'm not sure what the issue is with my dealer in PA. They were recently sold to a company that has multiple franchises, most of which are not of Porsche caliber. That's possibly the reason they didn't get any Targa allocations. The alternative is that even though I was first in line for a Targa they gave their only allocation to someone else. I haven't totally given up. I received a PM from a Rennlister with the name of his SA in the DC area. I'll call him this week to see what his allocation situation looks like. Part of me thinks I should keep my Macan for most of next year while we're getting our Pasadena house set up. It'll probably come in handy hauling stuff. Also, when I step back and look at what lies ahead - completing our Pasadena renovations, traveling back and forth to PA over the winter, my daughter's wedding in Portland next spring, selling our PA house next summer - maybe throwing a new car into the mix isn't a great idea.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:26 AM
laurentv1
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Order is locked and loaded as of July 31st.
Sept built should be under the tree.
Stoked!

The following 7 users liked this post by laurentv1:
brucewinter (08-03-2020), diss7 (08-03-2020), mdrobc1213 (08-04-2020), Metalblond (08-03-2020), TJJ (08-03-2020), Todd C (08-03-2020), Vintage72 (08-04-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-03-2020, 09:20 PM
atl1glf
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 25 Posts

did you go with the satin black wheels or high gloss
Old 08-03-2020, 10:27 PM
brucewinter
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 157 Posts

My allocation is MY 2021. With a November build, and January 15 delivery
Old 08-04-2020, 06:21 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 454 Posts

I believe my dealer had a Targa allocation...remember his showing me/mentioning it while trying to find my Carrera S allocation. He may had traded it to another dealer to get mine but may not have. PM me and I will give you my SA's name and contact for them if you want.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

I was at my dealer yesterday and the have a targa allocation as well with a January delivery. My sale guy did say they want to it go to someone local (Dallas area). I don’t mind sending someone info if they message me, but just a heads up if you’re not in the area, I don’t think they will want to sell. Never know though.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:19 AM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

Was just curious if anyone knew what happens during the August shutdown? I’ve heard they run a skeleton crew and are still doing some production, but I didn’t know if that was true or if they really do shut it down. Just seeing if anyone had actual insight/info?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:01 PM
ThWombatCredenza
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi - just ordered my C4S today in MN - build date 11/27 arriving at dealer 1/29/21. When do I find out the Vin number and when can I use TYD? Thanks, first Porsche since my 72’ 914.
The following users liked this post:
pirate949 (09-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!