Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 02:37 AM
gucko
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?

My 992 T began production 4/3/24, scheduled completion 7 days later on 4/10/24, then delivery on 5/13/24. On the last day of production, not only did the car not complete the milestone, completion was moved back to 5/6/24, and deliver now on 6/8/24.

I received the 3 photos of the car, so I know my car exists, so what gives?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Is it possible something happened to the car, such as damage during production or would it be more conceivable my car is waiting for a part? My thought and expectation was that all parts for each build are sourced prior to production.

Old 04-20-2024, 04:52 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,391 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by gucko
My 992 T began production 4/3/24, scheduled completion 7 days later on 4/10/24, then delivery on 5/13/24. On the last day of production, not only did the car not complete the milestone, completion was moved back to 5/6/24, and deliver now on 6/8/24.

I received the 3 photos of the car, so I know my car exists, so what gives?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Is it possible something happened to the car, such as damage during production or would it be more conceivable my car is waiting for a part? My thought and expectation was that all parts for each build are sourced prior to production.

It’s likely a parts issue. Your car has clearly more or less completed the process.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:23 AM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts

I feel your pain. Same story here, and same mystery for me on my T. I was a 4/8 build start, 4/16 completion. Got my pics on 4/11 so was eagerly awaiting the “your porsche is off to Emden” and instead just like you, on the final day I saw my completion move to May 16 and receipt pushed from May 23 to June 23. Do you have any exclusive bits in your build? That’s the only idea anyone has had for me. I did extended leather, cup holder, visors in race Tex and aluminum pedals which are all exclusive, all of which I’d have punted if I knew there was a delay due to them. Heck I’d have punted just about all my options in exchange for speed…

love your car though! Is that white? Very clean looking.

Last edited by CJDCREW; 04-20-2024 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:15 AM
gucko
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

I went with IGM for color.

As far as Exclusive Manufaktur:
-Puddle Lights
-Interior Trim in IGM color
-RaceTex Steering Wheel
-Steering Column Casing in Leather
-Sun Visors in RaceTex (did roof lining also but that’s not EM)
-Center Console Lid in RaceTex with PORSCHE Logo
-Colored Instrument Dials

There seem to be a lot of T allocations available lately compared to other trims.

A friend of mine built his CGTS 4.0 in Gentian. Sharp color especially when it gets hit by light, it wakes up! I typically like skittles colors but Porsche is pulling lots of colors and changing the palate. I was torn between Guards or IGM. Guards was my first pic, but must have was T interior in leather with lizard stitch, so guards was out. IGM doesn’t show well in the configurator, but in person it does look like a special color.

Last edited by gucko; 04-20-2024 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:46 AM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

-Puddle Lights
-RaceTex Steering Wheel

There seem to be a lot of T allocations available lately compared to other trims.

A friend of mine built his CGTS 4.0 in Gentian. Sharp color especially when it gets hit by light, it wakes up! I typically like skittles colors but Porsche is pulling lots of colors and changing the palate. I was torn between Guards or IGM. Guards was my first pic, but must have was T interior in leather with lizard stitch, so guards was out. IGM doesn’t show well in the configurator, but in person it does look like a special color.
so both of us have some exclusive bits, maybe that’s the connection… i also noticed lots of T availability, that’s clearly the only reason got mine, I’m no important customer for my dealer! I totally understand on wanting the T interior, love the lizard and I struggled a ton on whether to get IGM and Lizard vs my gentian with the slate. I saw an IGM T at dealer before I locked and almost switched but haven’t had a blue car and love how the gentian looks in different lights so went there. But man I love the IGM… we will both wait eagerly I suppose.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:00 AM
js1ngh13
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Same boat here! Don’t think I have much exclusive besides mainly the Aerokit and some crests on the inside. Same exact thing happened I got the elevator picture and then was waiting to see it move into manufacturing process is complete but instead of moving to that on 4/12 it moved to 5/6. My originally delivery would’ve been 05/18 in Baltimore from Emden. I have a Chalk C4S on Black/Bordeaux with RS Spyders.

this issue is pretty widespread but the dates move back for some people here - like Zanotti. At this point anything goes 😂

The following users liked this post:
CJDCREW (04-20-2024)
Old 04-20-2024, 10:03 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,391 Likes on 765 Posts

The Exclusive bits cause delays. Back when I ordered my car, the date was pushed back because of leather/deviated stitching door sills.
CJDCREW (04-20-2024)
Old 04-20-2024, 12:37 PM
js1ngh13
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
so both of us have some exclusive bits, maybe that’s the connection… i also noticed lots of T availability, that’s clearly the only reason got mine, I’m no important customer for my dealer! I totally understand on wanting the T interior, love the lizard and I struggled a ton on whether to get IGM and Lizard vs my gentian with the slate. I saw an IGM T at dealer before I locked and almost switched but haven’t had a blue car and love how the gentian looks in different lights so went there. But man I love the IGM… we will both wait eagerly I suppose.

-Puddle Lights
-RaceTex Steering Wheel

My Exclusive Manufaktur:
Prep for Dashcam
Door Sills Guard Brushed Aluminium Illuminated
Center Console Lid with Porsche Crest
Porsche Crest on Headrest
Sport Exhaust Tailpipes in Black
911 Logo in Black
Aerokit
RS Spyder Wheels Painted Satin Black

Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what is causing this delay.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:12 PM
PSPorsche
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 166 Posts

The engines and bodies are produced separately, in parallel. The engines and the unibodies are coded to each other early in the manufacturing process, so they cannot combine a random engine with a random body.

The engines are thoroughly tested before mating to the body (called the “marriage”). If there is a delay on one or the other, the car needs to be pulled from the pipeline, until the issue is corrected.

Issue could be caused by anything, including parts/materials availability.
Old 04-21-2024, 02:55 PM
ed_rx7
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Im in the same boat!!!!!🥹… or should I say Not on the boat 🤦‍♂️
Old 04-21-2024, 05:14 PM
Zanotti
Racer

Received 285 Likes on 106 Posts

Mine sent the completed photo, then it just held there for a week - effectively done, but not complete. I swear it was the passenger cup holder in leather that was the hold up. It then moved rapidly through the system, now holding at the German port awaiting a boat ride.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:02 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 159 Posts

There’s a supply issue for the rear seat delete on the T currently.
gucko (04-22-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 06:12 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zanotti
Mine sent the completed photo, then it just held there for a week - effectively done, but not complete. I swear it was the passenger cup holder in leather that was the hold up. It then moved rapidly through the system, now holding at the German port awaiting a boat ride.
I hope that I have similar. I do have the leather cup holder…
anjizkit (04-26-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 06:13 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nein Eleven
There’s a supply issue for the rear seat delete on the T currently.
interesting… I spec’s rear seat added in so that’s not my delay!
Old 04-22-2024, 01:50 AM
ed_rx7
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

My delay is/was PDCC

Quick Reply: 992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?