Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 06:54 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Received 218 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by lizhibupt
I just got the first pic from the paint shop today, and I am really happy with the GR color! However, the complete date was pushed back by 5 days from Sep 7 -> Sep 12, is this normal? I sort of hearing that cars usually take no more than couple of days to build, I am just concerning about those "dates" will keep push back as others posted in the past.
How was the picture sent to you emailed or through TYD, my car went into production on 9/4 I have not seen any pictures yet.

PS nice color +1
Old 09-06-2023, 07:22 PM
lizhibupt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Evolution1
How was the picture sent to you emailed or through TYD, my car went into production on 9/4 I have not seen any pictures yet.

PS nice color +1
Thank you! The pics was first time showing up yesterday through TYD, no email update or anything. I guess you should see yours soon as my start dates was Aug 29.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:48 PM
Shr
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi guys, so after a...long time, I got an allocation.
i still have time until the freeze (I think it is beginning of October)
So this would be my first new 911 and my first 992. (I do own a 991.2)
Would love to get some feedback on my current build as I don't want to make any stupid mistakes.
Thanks in advance
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRH7J9M2
Old 09-06-2023, 07:52 PM
edofloat
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Shr
Would love to get some feedback on my current build as I don't want to make any stupid mistakes.
Thanks in advance

Add the big fuel tank.
The following users liked this post:
Shr (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 08:12 PM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Shr
Thanks in advance
I also have a CAB 4S on order October build November delivery. My freeze date is next week. The only change I made after the initial build done at the dealer was to add the FALS. It depends where you live and what driving you do but for another 2% of the cost I decided to add it. Want to try avoid scrapes from speed bumps and driveways. However, I perfectly understand that you must draw the line somewhere. Because in addition to the build you may have PPF, warranties, tax etc......
Shr (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 08:19 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 219 Posts

This may be old news, but just checked and found that the shipping schedule web portal is working correctly now. It used to show very outdated schedules. But now the PDF schedule download appears up to date.

So we apparently no longer have to bother poor Ingrid with emails for schedules.

https://www.pwl.de/en
(scroll down for the form to obtain the PDF of the schedule)
BED997 (09-08-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 08:31 PM
2thHappy
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Shr
Thanks in advance
add the extended fuel tank
Shr (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 09:09 PM
Shr
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2thHappy
add the extended fuel tank
That is not a bad idea.
I don't really drive a lot (about 2K miles per year give or take) and it is mostly short trips but I do notice that the tank goes to empty somewhat fast if you are driving "enthusiastically"

Originally Posted by ImpeachS
I also have a CAB 4S on order October build November delivery. My freeze date is next week. The only change I made after the initial build done at the dealer was to add the FALS. It depends where you live and what driving you do but for another 2% of the cost I decided to add it. Want to try avoid scrapes from speed bumps and driveways. However, I perfectly understand that you must draw the line somewhere. Because in addition to the build you may have PPF, warranties, tax etc......
I did consider FAL and my current car has full PPF which I plan to do as well with this one but I have never been even close to scraping it and I assume that the 992 has the same clearance so that makes me hesitant.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming, I really appreciate them
Old 09-06-2023, 10:27 PM
highedu
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Anybody with access can check the current location of vessel - Lake Fuxian ?

I know there is a backlog at the Panama Canal so wanted to see if it has maxed it through or nearby.

anybody else on that ship?
Old 09-07-2023, 01:52 AM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Shr
Thanks in advance
Power steering plus is kind of a waste. It only functions at slow speeds (like parking lots) and it's not hard to park. It's only a software adjustment and you'll never notice having it. The good news is it's only $260..
Old 09-07-2023, 08:55 AM
TimTennis
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Add the extended fuel tank and FALS. No need for PSE unless you want loud exhaust all the time. The regular quad has a better look IMO. Dealer service technician wasn't aware of software change to modify exhaust but NP as if you want the blips on downshift just drive in Sport mode. I also opted for full leather interior, 930 package, glass sunroof, Burmester and quite a bit more. Awesome car all the way around.
Old 09-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Shr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Muhney
Power steering plus is kind of a waste. It only functions at slow speeds (like parking lots) and it's not hard to park. It's only a software adjustment and you'll never notice having it. The good news is it's only $260..
I agree with you, never had this and really never needed it, this and a few others was mostly the dealer recommending it for reasons. The most amusing one he recommended was the fancy fuel cap which seems pointless to me but he said was a popular option.
Originally Posted by TimTennis
Add the extended fuel tank and FALS. No need for PSE unless you want loud exhaust all the time. The regular quad has a better look IMO. Dealer service technician wasn't aware of software change to modify exhaust but NP as if you want the blips on downshift just drive in Sport mode. I also opted for full leather interior, 930 package, glass sunroof, Burmester and quite a bit more. Awesome car all the way around.
I basically only drive it in Sport and love the exhaust
I only leave it on normal on really bad weather.
You can make the exhaust more quiet even with the sport exhaust if you want to, at least in the 991.2.
​​​​​​Cool options on your car too!
Old 09-07-2023, 09:06 PM
dgdds91
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Today was supposed to be another milestone that the car was scheduled for production. That was now pushed to 09/07 but the production start and end did not change.
my car was scheduled to start production today but there is no change on track your dream? Is that fairly accurate?
Old 09-07-2023, 09:31 PM
Taylor2090
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdds91
my car was scheduled to start production today but there is no change on track your dream? Is that fairly accurate?
It typically changes the proceeding day! For me, yesterday was “production is starting soon” but TYD didn’t send me an email and change until this morning.
The following 2 users liked this post by Taylor2090:
Icegrill (09-08-2023), kkevinqq (09-08-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 03:40 PM
lizhibupt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by lizhibupt
I just got the first pic from the paint shop today, and I am really happy with the GR color! However, the complete date was pushed back by 5 days from Sep 7 -> Sep 12, is this normal? I sort of hearing that cars usually take no more than couple of days to build, I am just concerning about those "dates" will keep push back as others posted in the past.

Today two new pics just showed up magically from TYD showing the car in paint shop and on the elevator. I was fortunate enough to get the wing without any delay and the more I look at it, I like it the better. Really can't wait for delivery on Oct 27 (move backward and fwd again from Nov 1).
AzFstLane (09-09-2023)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!