Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 06:48 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Where did you find this Volkswagen ship schedule? I have a 911 GT3 waiting in Emden for a ship headed to Benecia near San Francisco. My car missed the last ship into Emden on the 27 or 28th headed toward the west coast ports. Porsche schedule says the car will sit in Emden until August 31st. Very annoying-
Old 08-01-2023, 09:05 AM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
Where did you find this Volkswagen ship schedule? I have a 911 GT3 waiting in Emden for a ship headed to Benecia near San Francisco. My car missed the last ship into Emden on the 27 or 28th headed toward the west coast ports. Porsche schedule says the car will sit in Emden until August 31st. Very annoying-
vw schedules were obtained by someone else here. As you can see, the VW schedule turned out to be wrong.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:08 AM
dmnc02
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Snoopy2000
Nor I. We should get an update overnight
I just got the notification that my car has arrived the local entry port.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:14 AM
jbl16
Racer

Received 206 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by dmnc02
I just got the notification that my car has arrived the local entry port.
Same!
The following users liked this post:
dmnc02 (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 09:17 AM
Snoopy2000
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jbl16
Same!
Same here. Now the wait for port PDI and the truck
dmnc02 (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 10:06 AM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 281 Likes on 114 Posts

Just got notification that my car finally left port! It was there for about 2 weeks, and I noticed the website seems different. Did they update it or is this what it looks like once your car is on a boat?

Old 08-01-2023, 10:29 AM
dmnc02
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AbsolutelyNobody
Just got notification that my car finally left port! It was there for about 2 weeks, and I noticed the website seems different. Did they update it or is this what it looks like once your car is on a boat?

It looks like they just updated it. Mine changed too.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:36 AM
AZTechGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts
Wink

For those of you obsessively tracking your 911 (like I am) and constantly bagging on Porsche about the Trigger Your Disappointment site (like I am), they updated it overnight!
F5 is completely worn out on all systems, exceeded monthly bandwidth limits on all devices, I keep at least one browser open at all times on TYD - you know the drill.

There's a pretty map (Google api) mentioned earlier in this thread AND a place to download pics from the configurator near the bottom which on this computer come in HD.
My GTS is somewhere at the Port of San Diego now. Spoke with dealership last night, looks like another few weeks to get to AZ. Luckily I have a busy month business wise so after what will be roughly 20 months, I'm pretty excited.

Someone asked about shipping schedules, most ship through PWL: https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm
Choose US West - East coast in top selection, Choose Volkswagen in second selection, PDF download starts...

As for weird stops along the way, my ship (Neptune Barcelona) made additional stops too before and after the Panama Canal that are not visible in TYD. It visited Columbia and Ecuador
Ironically right before San Diego, the tracking for the ship itself and TYD matched almost exactly coming up adjacent to Baja.
Patton250 (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 12:21 PM
StewieZ89
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

So, mine also got offloaded from the Sunshine Ace yesterday, I received the update yesterday morning as soon as it docked, was pretty accurate for that.

Now I got the new and updated TYD like everyone else seems to have also - however expected delivery date to Montreal, QC is showing to be Sept 9th...which is crazy to me - I own a transport/logistics business and we usually run this corridor in 1 day...don't understand how it can take 5 weeks to import/pdi and put on a truck to Montreal,QC...hopefully it's just as wrong as all of the other dates they provided lol.
Anyhow, the 39 month wait is nothing compared to this...1-2 more weeks than planned won't hurt.

For the other's who are waiting at Autoport Halifax, they did get massive water flooding in Nova Scotia that are still affecting some roads/rails - not sure if this will affect the port or our transport at all but this might be the reason it's gonna take so many weeks to bring it to our respective dealers...only time will tell.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:01 PM
mashoutposse
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

TYD updated. They removed the "Technical Data" section where you can look at your car's specs. Is there another way to see this online?
Old 08-01-2023, 02:08 PM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 281 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by mashoutposse
TYD updated. They removed the "Technical Data" section where you can look at your car's specs. Is there another way to see this online?
Scroll down a bit past your manufacturing photos and you should still be able to see it. It’s under a button “More details about the vehicle.” Click on that and it should have everything, your specs, options, tech data, etc.
mashoutposse (08-02-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 02:23 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by AZTechGuy
For those of you obsessively tracking your 911 (like I am) and constantly bagging on Porsche about the Trigger Your Disappointment site (like I am), they updated it overnight!
F5 is completely worn out on all systems, exceeded monthly bandwidth limits on all devices, I keep at least one browser open at all times on TYD - you know the drill.

There's a pretty map (Google api) mentioned earlier in this thread AND a place to download pics from the configurator near the bottom which on this computer come in HD.
My GTS is somewhere at the Port of San Diego now. Spoke with dealership last night, looks like another few weeks to get to AZ. Luckily I have a busy month business wise so after what will be roughly 20 months, I'm pretty excited.

Someone asked about shipping schedules, most ship through PWL: https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm
Choose US West - East coast in top selection, Choose Volkswagen in second selection, PDF download starts...

As for weird stops along the way, my ship (Neptune Barcelona) made additional stops too before and after the Panama Canal that are not visible in TYD. It visited Columbia and Ecuador
Ironically right before San Diego, the tracking for the ship itself and TYD matched almost exactly coming up adjacent to Baja.
And the dates, of course, are all still wrong. Lol. My car is 7 days away from Baltimore yet my TYD shows it arriving tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2023, 04:36 PM
AZTechGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
And the dates, of course, are all still wrong. Lol. My car is 7 days away from Baltimore yet my TYD shows it arriving tomorrow.
My TYD just changed from arriving on the 3rd to now the 7th. Dealership says 11th. Minutes before writing this post, I received email that says 8th. LMAO
Patton250 (08-02-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 06:00 PM
Snoopy2000
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AZTechGuy
My TYD just changed from arriving on the 3rd to now the 7th. Dealership says 11th. Minutes before writing this post, I received email that says 8th. LMAO
They just put lipstick on a pig. The data and processing behind this have not improved. Small steps. My dates went from en-route to dealer on 8/1 to 7/10. I'm just glad it's on US shores now.
AZTechGuy (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 06:38 PM
llehctim17
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by StewieZ89
So, mine also got offloaded from the Sunshine Ace yesterday, I received the update yesterday morning as soon as it docked, was pretty accurate for that.

Now I got the new and updated TYD like everyone else seems to have also - however expected delivery date to Montreal, QC is showing to be Sept 9th...which is crazy to me - I own a transport/logistics business and we usually run this corridor in 1 day...don't understand how it can take 5 weeks to import/pdi and put on a truck to Montreal,QC...hopefully it's just as wrong as all of the other dates they provided lol.
Anyhow, the 39 month wait is nothing compared to this...1-2 more weeks than planned won't hurt.

For the other's who are waiting at Autoport Halifax, they did get massive water flooding in Nova Scotia that are still affecting some roads/rails - not sure if this will affect the port or our transport at all but this might be the reason it's gonna take so many weeks to bring it to our respective dealers...only time will tell.
Not sure I'd put much faith in the dates anymore. I'm just happy to have made it onto Patara arriving in Halifax August 6. However, my TYD dates show its arriving to Halifax a month BEFORE it left Emden. But you're right about the floods in Halifax. Good to see that the railway has been repaired a few days ago so trains can actually leave Nova Scotia.

Last edited by llehctim17; 08-01-2023 at 06:40 PM.
StewieZ89 (08-02-2023)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!