Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 03:02 PM
Apbc2
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

At the dealership. I never got elevator pic but I just found out I won the tire lottery. Picking up next week and off to PPF. Almost out of this group!

The following 5 users liked this post by Apbc2:
alin2 (07-30-2023), BadlyDrawnBoy (07-31-2023), gellie (07-29-2023), Pgyal (07-29-2023), RedBiker (07-30-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 03:35 PM
atomicUpdate
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

I just got an allocation for a C2S this week and submitted my build order:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRRZP8M0

Delivery date is December 15.

I originally got on the list for a C4S November 2021, but this one came up and I decided to go with the 2S instead since who knows when a 4S will show up. Plus, it lets me put some of the money towards other options instead. I’ll just need to be a little more mindful of the weather reports in the winter and hopefully it’s dry enough to take home when it shows up.
Old 07-29-2023, 04:42 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats. You really went to town with options, you’ll enjoy them.
Old 07-29-2023, 06:13 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 210 Posts

Congrats, great looking build!
Old 07-29-2023, 08:48 PM
dgdds91
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

My car is scheduled for Oct 13 delivery! I hope that date doesn’t change much! I waited almost 2 years for this allocation and traded in my 2018 Targa 4 GTS for it. I have withdrawal right now without my car. I know the plant closes for 3 weeks in August , but my car is supposed to start production first week of September
Old 07-29-2023, 09:30 PM
992guyinsb
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antsy
For those with cars on the Wild Rose Leader, it entered the canal this morning:

Can anyone explain how it is that the Wild Rose Leader (now heading to San Diego), which supposedly contains my car and just yesterday came through the Canal (after being anchored outside the entrance for about a week), is behind in terms of map location vs TYD and Porsche App map locations? TYD and Porsche App maps are showing that I'm more than 1/2 way up the coast of Mexico while various 'Live' Vessel Apps show the ship is at the Exit of the Canal. I contacted Porsche who said to go by the Porsche locations as they go by the car's GPS and not the location of the ship. So I thought that maybe my car got on the ship - Neptune Barcelona - that left Emden a day or two prior to the WRL, and the correct ship was not updated for my dealer to see and advise me. But the NB got into San Diego early today, about 2-days ahead of 1/2 way up the Mexican Coast as per the Porsche map location.

So...if my car is actually on the WRL, why are the Porsche maps so far behind? and why was my car moving on the Porsche maps EVEN when the WRL was anchored at the Canal entrance for a week? I had thought that it just must have been that the ship's GPS was not working and that the WRL had actually been moving.

Has the above happened with anyone else with regard to the WRL or another situation/ship with a previous delivery?
Thanks!
Old 07-29-2023, 10:40 PM
antsy
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts

I think the TYD progress indicator is pretend--basically choosing a map location based on the ETA. I haven't looked at the webpage code since confirming the IMO of the ship my car is on, but my recollection is that there was no reason to believe TYD was getting real-time data of ship location.

Last edited by antsy; 07-30-2023 at 12:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
992guyinsb (07-30-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 11:08 PM
2thHappy
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdds91

My car is scheduled for Oct 13 delivery! I hope that date doesn’t change much! I waited almost 2 years for this allocation and traded in my 2018 Targa 4 GTS for it. I have withdrawal right now without my car. I know the plant closes for 3 weeks in August , but my car is supposed to start production first week of September
Sadly, my car was to be at dealer 9/29 and now says Nov
Old 07-30-2023, 01:13 AM
GBOAD
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please to say I had an allocation for a GTS confirmed, Nov build and Feb 2024 delivery here in AU. Ordered April 2022.

Its my second 911 but first new one. I had thought I could change body type (to a targa), but I am told this is not possible as the order is based on model line. I have not had a chance to have a proper discussion with my dealer as yet.

Is dealer allocation only by model line? Is this something new?
Old 07-30-2023, 02:34 AM
electricborn
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Apbc2
At the dealership. I never got elevator pic but I just found out I won the tire lottery. Picking up next week and off to PPF. Almost out of this group!

I see this "tire lottery" phrase a lot but missed the discussion. What are considered the tier ranks of tires to get?

Last edited by electricborn; 07-30-2023 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2023, 03:32 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by electricborn
I see this "tire lottery" phrase a lot but missed the discussion. What are considered the tier ranks of tires to get?
Michelin P4S vs everything else..
The following users liked this post:
electricborn (07-31-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 07:43 AM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GBOAD
Please to say I had an allocation for a GTS confirmed, Nov build and Feb 2024 delivery here in AU. Ordered April 2022.

Its my second 911 but first new one. I had thought I could change body type (to a targa), but I am told this is not possible as the order is based on model line. I have not had a chance to have a proper discussion with my dealer as yet.

Yes I believe so, Dealers get allocations for specific model at a time.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:53 AM
dgdds91
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GBOAD

I have spoken to my dealer numerous times about this. This new Targa 4S is our 6th Porsche from this dealer. Whatever the allocation or slot for a build they get, that’s the car model that the plant can make at the time. There is no changing the model unless the dealer can swap the allocation with another dealer for something else. That’s why the wait times can be real long. Targa allocations are extremely rare.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:57 AM
Pgyal
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 992guyinsb
Can anyone explain how it is that the Wild Rose Leader (now heading to San Diego), which supposedly contains my car and just yesterday came through the Canal (after being anchored outside the entrance for about a week), is behind in terms of map location vs TYD and Porsche App map locations? TYD and Porsche App maps are showing that I'm more than 1/2 way up the coast of Mexico while various 'Live' Vessel Apps show the ship is at the Exit of the Canal. I contacted Porsche who said to go by the Porsche locations as they go by the car's GPS and not the location of the ship. So I thought that maybe my car got on the ship - Neptune Barcelona - that left Emden a day or two prior to the WRL, and the correct ship was not updated for my dealer to see and advise me. But the NB got into San Diego early today, about 2-days ahead of 1/2 way up the Mexican Coast as per the Porsche map location.

So...if my car is actually on the WRL, why are the Porsche maps so far behind? and why was my car moving on the Porsche maps EVEN when the WRL was anchored at the Canal entrance for a week? I had thought that it just must have been that the ship's GPS was not working and that the WRL had actually been moving.

Has the above happened with anyone else with regard to the WRL or another situation/ship with a previous delivery?
Thanks!
As a data point… my car was on Siem Aristotle. Got the notification that it left Emden. However, TYD map never updated and still had my car icon sitting in Emden. My dealer confirmed that it was on that ship and it only updated once my car was unloaded in Jacksonville and I received a notification that I had reached the next milestone.
TYD is inaccurate, I’d take it with a grain of salt. Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by Pgyal:
992guyinsb (07-30-2023), kvb968 (08-20-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 11:14 AM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage38
Extended range fuel tank is available on the Cabriolet. I optioned on my new build, but it isn't a free option. It's $230, well worth it in my opinion.
Funny when I look at the Performance Section of the configurator for my vehicle that option is not available.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!