Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 07:26 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by jplaro
Thanks man. I'm playing with F12 trying to find it.
If "Network" isn't one of the immediately visible tabs, click on the '>>' symbol to get a list of available tabs and you should see Network there.
Old 07-02-2023, 07:27 PM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Was anyone successful at getting a missing production picture from TYD? I'm missing the main one. I assume its a lost cause but if anyone missed a picture and got it later - do you mind sharing how you made that happen?
Old 07-02-2023, 07:34 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Was anyone successful at getting a missing production picture from TYD? I'm missing the main one. I assume its a lost cause but if anyone missed a picture and got it later - do you mind sharing how you made that happen?
Many of us missed the last picture and asked for it only to be told that if you didn't get it via the normal channels with the normal timing then it doesn't exist. Sometimes they don't get taken.

Last edited by Just J; 07-02-2023 at 08:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
electricborn (07-03-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 07:46 PM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Just J
Many of us missed the last picture and asked for it only to be told that if you didn't get it via the normal channels with the normal timing that it doesn't exist. Sometimes they don't get taken.
Well that sucks. Hopefully it shows up at some point but not holding my breath.

Thank you for confirming.
Old 07-02-2023, 08:08 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,250 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Don't sweat it, I only got 3 instead of 4 but got my car as you surely will too so let it fly and just wait for the ensuing fun. So you don't know the tires you're getting, doesn't matter bc you can't control it now anyways right?

Last edited by Scott P; 07-02-2023 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2023, 04:01 AM
Sam L
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

@SS22 You're on Cassiopeia Leader too right? The ship's position hasn't been received in 7 days. Are you getting concerned yet?

Old 07-03-2023, 05:13 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sam L
@SS22 You're on Cassiopeia Leader too right? The ship's position hasn't been received in 7 days. Are you getting concerned yet?

You can use ShipInfo.net for free updates when vessels are out of range for shore-based AIS tracking.
Sam L (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 07:11 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by 992guyinsb
Yes, quite lucky. I hope to be as lucky! However, the ship moored is the Neptune Barcelona. Those white dots… are cars waiting to be loaded! Backlogged, indeed….

It always looks like that. Every port that specializes in moving cars onto roro ships looks precisely like that. Look at the satellite photo of Bremerhaven. Look at Baltimore.
Originally Posted by Sam L
I have it has just off Hispaniola two days ago. It’s on its way to Panama and should be there today. I bet it shows up on tracking any hour now. Geez.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:47 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Closer!

For all those on the SFL Conductor going to Baltimore. The ship is now docked at port.

jbl16 (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 10:50 AM
Shayan30
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Shayan30
Same here! Looks like my assumptions and digging around schedules being hopeful worked out haha.
I got the email at 11am est and the ship is still moored at Emden but very excited to shave couple of weeks of.

My delivery is now targeting 7/6 based on TYD showing arrival on 6/28 but Davisville shows the ship will arrive on 6/26.
So as long as there are no port delays and our cars clear processing quickly....we might get them before the 4th!
I guess I got too optimistic - my car's been stuck at the Davisville port since arriving last Monday (6/26) morning.
TYD at that time showed 7/3 as leaving port and arriving to dealer but nothing has changed. I reached out to the dealer on Friday for an update and their system shows 7/7 but warned its all tentative. So my TYD and dealer system's are showing different dates and I assume dealer's is more accurate.

I've read some horror stories where ppl have had their car stuck at Davisville for 5-6+ weeks. Hoping that is not the case with me.....
Old 07-03-2023, 11:28 AM
NYZero
1st Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Long-time lurker, first-time poster! I was able to secure an allocation for a C4S at Manhattan Motorcars in NYC in May - the confirmed order date was May 1. Estimated delivery was supposed to be August 27, but it recently got bumped out to October 14. Fingers crossed there aren't any more delays, but I'm not in a rush, I'm planning to keep the car forever.

I don't have a daily (NYC), so this will be only for fun (complementing an existing classic BRG Rover Mini that I own - exceptional car, but not easy for long road trips or really bad weather with it's folding cloth sunroof and lack of AC).

Here's the build (PRFZUJ58) - surely too loaded for a C4S, but it was the only way to get the actual car that I wanted (needed this interior and wheels). The change freeze point is 2 weeks away (July 17), so any thoughts would be appreciated:

Exterior
GT Silver Metallic with Aerokit
Carrera Exclusive Design Wheels in Satin Aurum (+ Porsche logo on side in Aurum)
Model Designation delete
SportDesign Side Skirts
Silver Window Trim
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Rear Wiper
Metal Sunroof (didn't like how the glass sunroof broke up the lines of the body)
Prep for Roof Transport and Exclusive Design Fuel Cap

Interior
Heritage Design Interior in Cognac (18 way seats, heritage floor mats, extended door panel in leather)
Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Roof Lining and Interior Mirror Panel in Race-Tex
Sun Visors in Leather
Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum
Smoking Package (for cupholder) + Storage Package

Mechanical
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
Front Axle Lift System
Rear Axle Steering
7-Speed Manual
Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (LED matrix didn't make sense, since it all operates as a single unit in the US)
I did not include PSE - I really do not like the oval tips, will replace the exhaust but want quad tips (any thoughts on feasibility of doing so very welcome too)
I did not do the 10mm lower PASM - NYC roads are terrible and I want to be able to actually drive the car (I had to change the suspension on the Mini to something softer as soon as I got it)

Tech
Night Vision Assist
Lane Change Assist
Surround View
Prep for Porsche Dashcam
Ionizer
Ambient Lighting
Burmester High-End Surround Sound System

The following 6 users liked this post by NYZero:
alin2 (07-04-2023), BED997 (07-03-2023), Just J (07-03-2023), N3DXT (10-01-2023), Roadworrier (07-03-2023), tbridge (07-03-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-03-2023, 01:52 PM
SilveR316
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

Has anyone actually gotten on to a boat but TYD missed the update? Mine arrived at Emden about 2 weeks ago, and there was a boat that left for Halifax a few days ago, but TYD has not updated (nor have any of the actual estimates which are way overdue at this point). I figured the dates would have updated to a placeholder or the next boat by this time.

Wondering if the car will just pop up at the destination port in a few days, or whether it has indeed missed the boat...
Old 07-03-2023, 02:02 PM
jbl16
Racer

Received 206 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SilveR316
Has anyone actually gotten on to a boat but TYD missed the update? Mine arrived at Emden about 2 weeks ago, and there was a boat that left for Halifax a few days ago, but TYD has not updated (nor have any of the actual estimates which are way overdue at this point). I figured the dates would have updated to a placeholder or the next boat by this time.

Wondering if the car will just pop up at the destination port in a few days, or whether it has indeed missed the boat...
You missed that boat more than likely.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:03 PM
jbl16
Racer

Received 206 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by alin2
Closer!

For all those on the SFL Conductor going to Baltimore. The ship is now docked at port.

wasloan21 (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 02:40 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Has anyone had their TYD step 4 (the manufacturing process for your Porsche has now started) stay gray after the date has passed? Mine was supposed to reach this step on June 29, but has not become solid black yet. The estimated manufacturing completion date is. July 10

Hopefully it doesn't get pushed to after the summer shutdown whenever that is?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!