Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit (992 GT3 Variant)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 05:06 PM
MaximumDet
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have this controller for almost 1 year, I leave the valves always open. The car sounds really nice, 100% worth it, no more sewer machine sound below 4k rpm.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 08:19 PM
Mase408
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Rennlist Gang!

The guys at my install shop encountered the following issue with my Cargraphic install:

With Cargraphic plugged in:
-Auto Mode: No fault when keying on the car abruptly, no pause in accessory power position . Once car is running all exhaust valve control functions with OE operations AND Cargraphic operations.
-"Unlock" Mode: If car is shut off in this mode, when key cycling to start car, exhaust fault will be triggered. All Cargraphic operations functions.
-"Lock" Mode: If car is shut off in this mode, when key cycling to start car, exhaust fault will be triggered. All Cargraphic operations functions.

Fault codes will NOT clear with PIWIS with Cargraphic plugged in.

Any feedback or troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated. I already sent a note to the mfg guys in Germany.

Thanks!
-Mase
Old 01-10-2024, 10:38 PM
vodoxus
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

I see you posted pics on the other thread, did you sort out the fault codes?
Old 01-10-2024, 11:14 PM
Mase408
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, issue was resolved. It turned out to be a loose cable inside the cargraphic unit. The FlatSix team provided the feedback. I am guessing it is a common problem on the build.

I am extremely pleased with the overall setup. I got to enjoy some of the sounds during my 30min drive back home. I’ll try to post videos later this week, they need to be resized

Here are some pics of the work:

Last edited by Mase408; 01-17-2024 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:33 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 1,927 Likes on 640 Posts

Have been running the Cargraphics module now for a week and here are my questions.

If you turn off car with valves open, can you close the valves before restart?

During cold start when car is in high idle can you control valves?

I don’t really want to wake my neighbors up in the morning with the noise and open valves are noisy. It’s a beautiful thing to behold but it’s loud.

Last edited by Cartod; 02-20-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:37 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,469 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartod
Have been running the Cargraphics module now for a week and here are my questions.

If you turn off car with valves open, can you close the valves before restart?

During cold start when car is in high idle can you control valves?

I don’t really want to wake my neighbors up in the morning with the noise and open valves are noisy. It’s a beautiful thing to behold but it’s loud.
I think the valves default to open on a cold start but you can immediately close them with this valve controller?
Old 04-02-2024, 05:44 PM
SilverTT
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

For those of you guys who seem to run the Carrgraphic in 100% open valve setting and never touch it, which seems to be most of you, would you just be better off with the Soul Performance valve delete module below? It is cheaper, but that is not really the point. Also seems a lot simpler to install and less cables running around the engine bay with things that could get hot / loosen over time. Not saying they will, but just saying the Soul product seems simpler if you are in the 100% open all the time camp.

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-9...elete-modules/
jjw285 (04-04-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 05:50 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,469 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverTT
For those of you guys who seem to run the Carrgraphic in 100% open valve setting and never touch it, which seems to be most of you, would you just be better off with the Soul Performance valve delete module below? It is cheaper, but that is not really the point. Also seems a lot simpler to install and less cables running around the engine bay with things that could get hot / loosen over time. Not saying they will, but just saying the Soul product seems simpler if you are in the 100% open all the time camp.

Can you close the valves immediately on a cold start? On older models you couldn't being they were vacuum controlled but now the valves are electronic.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:49 AM
gthal
Pro

Received 534 Likes on 203 Posts

Running open valves 99% of the time but having the option to close it if you really want is worth the additional $$ and install time for me. There are still times I like to close the valves (highway cruising with a passenger and trying to have a conversation, etc). There is some drone on the highway with valves open... not a lot but some. To me, always being able to choose (even when it's not often I close the valves) is worth it.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:01 PM
SilverTT
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
Running open valves 99% of the time but having the option to close it if you really want is worth the additional $$ and install time for me. There are still times I like to close the valves (highway cruising with a passenger and trying to have a conversation, etc). There is some drone on the highway with valves open... not a lot but some. To me, always being able to choose (even when it's not often I close the valves) is worth it.
Very helpful. Thank you GTHAL. Now the only thing I need to figure out is do I install Carrgraphic controller first and see if I am happy with the 0-5,000 sound increase or just go all the way with the OPF delete at same time. Recognize they are not that related from an install standpoint but most guys seem to do at same time anyway. My sense is I will not regret moving OPF filters if I have the Carrgraphic since as you point out you can always go back to the OEM 30% open or fully closed settings and will quiet things down a lot.
Old 04-03-2024, 04:03 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 534 Likes on 203 Posts

Very helpful. Thank you GTHAL. Now the only thing I need to figure out is do I install Carrgraphic controller first and see if I am happy with the 0-5,000 sound increase or just go all the way with the OPF delete at same time. Recognize they are not that related from an install standpoint but most guys seem to do at same time anyway. My sense is I will not regret moving OPF filters if I have the Carrgraphic since as you point out you can always go back to the OEM 30% open or fully closed settings and will quiet things down a lot.
I can't speak to the OPF delete (I haven't done it) but forcing the valves open makes a very noticeable difference in sound. It surprised me actually how much. Not suggesting it will be loud enough for you (that's such a personal thing) but I would say that for my personal taste, the valves being open make it a great volume and enough for me.
Old 04-03-2024, 04:13 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 1,927 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
I can't speak to the OPF delete (I haven't done it) but forcing the valves open makes a very noticeable difference in sound. It surprised me actually how much. Not suggesting it will be loud enough for you (that's such a personal thing) but I would say that for my personal taste, the valves being open make it a great volume and enough for me.
I agree. The roar with the valves open is a stark contrast with them closed. Especially at start up when the RPMs are higher. I need to have the option to close them when I’m trying to sneak out of the house.
If I leave them open in the garage upon startup it rattles the house.

Last edited by Cartod; 04-03-2024 at 04:15 PM.
Flat6r (04-04-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 04:42 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,237 Posts

I installed the Cargraphics Exhaust Control Module about 8 months ago and I keep the valves open all the time.
Interestingly enough, while driving around yesterday I swore that the exhaust sounds like it has gotten a tad bit louder and fuller.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:04 PM
Flat6r
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

100%! I was told by my porsche dealership that the OEM exhaust will get louder with time.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flat6r:
Brian Himmelman (04-06-2024), Diablo Dude (04-04-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 10:40 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Still no one with "how to tips" to do this on RS? Waiting to pull trigger since I like to do these mods "DIY style".

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit (992 GT3 Variant)