Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit (992 GT3 Variant)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 12:53 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,261 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vodoxus
Just did the Controller. OPF's still in.
Once you take it out for a drive. You don't need to get into stupid speeds to listen to that engine anymore.
Biggest change is from 2-5k rpm. It sounds amazing.

Also, for those still on the fence. I've watched as many videos as I can of it. There is no "one" video that can capture the difference.
Especially those that are static. In sport mode and in valve fully open mode. I CANNOT hear a discernable difference in idle.
Once you drive off though, the difference is clear and awesome!

Well worth it! Been so bummed coz its been pouring here in Asia.
It's without a doubt, the biggest NO-BRAINER mod for $500 that you could ever make!

The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
GTS440 (04-18-2024), SilverTT (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 07:36 PM
SilverTT
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Great feedback. Thanks all. Going in Friday for the valve controller so will post my thoughts after I get some seat time in the car.

I would do OPF at same time if I knew I would like the sound but I love the stock sound so much at high RPM I am not sure I want to mess with it until I hear an OPF delete car in person.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:53 AM
GTS440
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverTT
Great feedback. Thanks all. Going in Friday for the valve controller so will post my thoughts after I get some seat time in the car.

I would do OPF at same time if I knew I would like the sound but I love the stock sound so much at high RPM I am not sure I want to mess with it until I hear an OPF delete car in person.
I did the Cargraphic on my 992 Touring too. I was ready to do more mods to the exhaust but after fitting the Cargraphic controller i didn't think it necessary. It's an incredible mod for the price and gives you that cold start sound whenever you want!
Old 04-18-2024, 07:38 AM
SB27
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS440
I did the Cargraphic on my 992 Touring too. I was ready to do more mods to the exhaust but after fitting the Cargraphic controller i didn't think it necessary. It's an incredible mod for the price and gives you that cold start sound whenever you want!
OPF Delete + Cargraphic Controller = 5x best bang for the buck exhaust upgrade in the history of all GT3's. Amazing.
The following users liked this post:
GTS440 (04-18-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 05:37 PM
SilverTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTS440
Carrgraphic installer went on last Friday and I’ve only driven the car about 30 miles since installing. I could hear a little more volume on revs while stationary and maybe 10-20% more volume in the 3,500-5,000 range but honestly no where near as big a change as I was expecting / desiring vs stock OEM in sport mode. Almost wondering if the modes are not setup correctly but it was Repassi who did the install and they rebuild Carerra GTs so 99% sure it was done perfectly. I guess I am going back for OPF delete….

I might even just go straight to the full Soul valved exhaust including headers and 200 cell cats since to my ears that is best sounding exhaust while still being totally civilized with valves closed. But this is all just from YT vids so hard to tell for sure.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:01 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Carrgraphic installer went on last Friday and I’ve only driven the car about 30 miles since installing. I could hear a little more volume on revs while stationary and maybe 10-20% more volume in the 3,500-5,000 range but honestly no where near as big a change as I was expecting / desiring vs stock OEM in sport mode. Almost wondering if the modes are not setup correctly but it was Repassi who did the install and they rebuild Carerra GTs so 99% sure it was done perfectly. I guess I am going back for OPF delete….

I might even just go straight to the full Soul valved exhaust including headers and 200 cell cats since to my ears that is best sounding exhaust while still being totally civilized with valves closed. But this is all just from YT vids so hard to tell for sure.
I did the car graphic install myself and I think it is actually impossible not to install it correctly without some type of warning light on the gauge cluster. It was four connectors.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:02 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 538 Likes on 204 Posts

Open on the valves is only somewhat louder than OEM sport in my experience. It is very noticeable to me driving (not so much stationary at idle). The difference in sound level on my GTS with the Cargraphic controller was greater over OEM than it is on my GT3. I also have been thinking about whether a full exhaust to get a bit more.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:04 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,261 Posts

I have the Cargraphics Exhaust Controller (installed myself) and I would say that it really opens up the exhaust system.
And not just between 3,500 - 5,000. For what it's worth, the car actually gets louder once you put over 5,000 miles on the car.
That's been my experience.

The following users liked this post:
GTS440 (04-24-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 05:58 PM
SilverTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
I have the Cargraphics Exhaust Controller (installed myself) and I would say that it really opens up the exhaust system.
And not just between 3,500 - 5,000. For what it's worth, the car actually gets louder once you put over 5,000 miles on the car.
That's been my experience.
Yeah that could be it too as I have right about 1.400 miles now.... Either way I think I need to delete OPF. I don't see how OPFs are not restricting some performance from the car. I guess anything is possible and there is certainly a lot of diameter there but looking at those things....they just need to go! Only hesitation is if it changes the tone a lot. More volume good. Different tone bad since I love the OEM tone, just not volume level below 6,000.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit (992 GT3 Variant)