992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2024 | 12:48 AM
EGreenberg87
Track Day

Anyone know of any SA offering reasonable ADM? I have a 19 WP 3RS im looking to trade in
Old 07-07-2024 | 01:28 AM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EGreenberg87
Anyone know of any SA offering reasonable ADM? I have a 19 WP 3RS im looking to trade in
What do you consider reasonable? Market seems to be about 100 over.
Old 07-07-2024 | 01:57 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997C2Houston
If im in town, I feel like I should get an invite :P
I'll PM you when I'll be there because of the food recommendation.
The following users liked this post:
997C2Houston (07-08-2024)
Old 07-07-2024 | 09:26 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

I started this thread almost 2 years ago with the hopes of replicating the deal on my 992 GT3 (MSRP and no sales tax). Well I finally got an allocation and succumbed to paying 80k over. No strings attached and I am keeping my GT3. I never thought I would pay above MSRP for any car - ever. October build. Probably will be the last purely NA GT3RS ever made.

I submitted my order for European Delivery and PTS - Gulf Blue with the hopes that PAG will grant/allow both. I haven't been following all the discussions in this thread but wanted to know anybody's recent experience with these two requests.

1. Likelihood of getting PTS? How soon will I know if they accept or reject this request? The 918 VIP guy here got his PTS rejected for his ST and 3RS so I am thinking my chances are very slim.

2. European delivery? @disden , @GrantG or others, please chime in. If I recall correctly, Germany requires winter tires on all cars from Nov 1st to March 31st. Can I do a European Delivery in a GT car in November? Do they even make winter tires for this car?

I am super stoked. Now I'm going to have to learn how to drive an automatic. Maybe my wife or sons can teach me.

Last edited by subshooter; 07-07-2024 at 09:33 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by subshooter:
2K7TTMIA (07-07-2024), cadster (07-07-2024), EMdoc (07-08-2024), GT3 (07-07-2024), jfr0317 (07-07-2024), ToasterThief (07-16-2024), usctrojanGT3 (07-07-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-07-2024 | 10:30 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
I started this thread almost 2 years ago with the hopes of replicating the deal on my 992 GT3 (MSRP and no sales tax). Well I finally got an allocation and succumbed to paying 80k over. No strings attached and I am keeping my GT3. I never thought I would pay above MSRP for any car - ever. October build. Probably will be the last purely NA GT3RS ever made.

I submitted my order for European Delivery and PTS - Gulf Blue with the hopes that PAG will grant/allow both. I haven't been following all the discussions in this thread but wanted to know anybody's recent experience with these two requests.

1. Likelihood of getting PTS? How soon will I know if they accept or reject this request? The 918 VIP guy here got his PTS rejected for his ST and 3RS so I am thinking my chances are very slim.

2. European delivery? @disden , @GrantG or others, please chime in. If I recall correctly, Germany requires winter tires on all cars from Nov 1st to March 31st. Can I do a European Delivery in a GT car in November? Do they even make winter tires for this car?

I am super stoked. Now I'm going to have to learn how to drive an automatic. Maybe my wife or sons can teach me.
Will be tough on both. Yes they can do winter delivery on the RS. As a side note, I picked mine up and it was not winter, did not have winter tires and it snowed leaving Werks 4. Car was not fun to drive in sleet.

Also, big congratulations on getting an allocation. Those that have them are lucky indeed. I think production for the 992.1 RS will continue to be a challenge for Porsche.

Last edited by cosmos; 07-07-2024 at 10:31 AM.
subshooter (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024 | 11:41 AM
JB991
Rennlist Member

I picked up a GT3 a few years ago in Nov (euro delivery). They attached "loaner" wheels and tires so you are compliant. I did encounter snow while driving on the highways and had no issues with the supplied setup. When you turn the car in they'll change everything out for you.
subshooter (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024 | 12:04 PM
disden
Drifting

congrats!

yes you can do ED in November. Porsche will put on a winter wheel set, and rather than dropping off at one the stand alone shipping locations you will have to return the car back to the Porsche factory where you picked it up.

One benefit to a Leipzig delivery is that you can have PPF placed prior to delivery by an independent company, I did this for my ST last month, cost 2350 Euro for full front and mirrors, just paid for it upon arrival. But, due to winter wheels would have to return to Leipzig.

I have done November delivery in past and was lucky with weather. Very few mountain passes open, but can still enjoy a lot of drives. Would be flexible with schedule and chase weather.

just don’t forget that there is no space for luggage, so duffle bags behind seats would be only option.

enjoy
subshooter (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024 | 12:39 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by cosmos
Will be tough on both. Yes they can do winter delivery on the RS. As a side note, I picked mine up and it was not winter, did not have winter tires and it snowed leaving Werks 4. Car was not fun to drive in sleet.

Also, big congratulations on getting an allocation. Those that have them are lucky indeed. I think production for the 992.1 RS will continue to be a challenge for Porsche.
Correct. Many here don't quite grasp how bespoke the GT3RS is compared to other lines.
Old 07-07-2024 | 01:13 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

@subshooter Congratulations!🎈🎊🎉

This is the wheel/tire set you’ll get in November as free loaner:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992gt3wws.html

Last edited by GrantG; 07-07-2024 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2024 | 02:02 PM
PoorPorscheMan
Advanced

I would say you have a better shot at ED. It will probably take some working the dealer relations to get a spot. I got an early no on mine and then while I was at the dealer for service I ran into the GM and he asked if they could find a way to get me in.

definitely do not give up

I’m assuming if you get one it would be some time in the new year. Might work to your advantage since this year was supposedly full

you should reach out to Porsche ED immediately yourself as well

some buffer is also needed to account for production delays

Last edited by PoorPorscheMan; 07-07-2024 at 02:04 PM.
subshooter (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024 | 03:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Congrats to both @subshooter and @usctrojanGT3

The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
subshooter (07-07-2024), usctrojanGT3 (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024 | 03:50 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Got a text from my dealer that I got an MSRP GT3RS allocation, working on the build now.
just saw this , congratulations
The following 2 users liked this post by pitt911:
subshooter (07-07-2024), usctrojanGT3 (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024 | 04:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pitt911
just saw this , congratulations
Thank you, I'm lucky that my dealer hasn't gone to the ADM dark side like many other dealers have in the past few years.
Old 07-07-2024 | 04:56 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Thank you, I'm lucky that my dealer hasn't gone to the ADM dark side like many other dealers have in the past few years.
You just won the lottery. Congratulations!

But I have to ask…. Why would a dealer in Houston give you, a resident of CA, a GT3RS allocation and not charge ADM when over 90% of the dealers are charging an ADM?
Old 07-07-2024 | 05:10 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nick
You just won the lottery. Congratulations!

But I have to ask…. Why would a dealer in Houston give you, a resident of CA, a GT3RS allocation and not charge ADM when over 90% of the dealers are charging an ADM?
Please...pretty please...remove that question. There is NO answer that will make sense to anyone but him and the GM/Owner.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread