Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 11:24 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Your demeaner toward the 3RS would be a lot different if you had an MSRP allocation
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Peter
Old 07-02-2024, 12:49 PM
PoorPorscheMan
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks like she’s ready a couple days early?

This wait is gonna be difficult now for euro
Old 07-02-2024, 11:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Your demeaner toward the 3RS would be a lot different if you had an MSRP allocation
If I tracked 20-30 days a year like i did back in the day then hell yeah I'd want the GT3RS a lot more but things have changed for me over the past few years. I gave the dealer my want list in this particular order....#1 GT4RS, #2 Touring, and #3 GT3RS so I got my top 2 choices in PTS so I'm a very happy camper. I'm not a super VIP like you so I can't get everything that I want, I'm just a small out-of-town fish.

If the dealer offered me an allocation for an MSRP allocation, would I take it? Yeah I would but I didn't shed a tear not getting one. The GM promised me that I would get a .2GT3RS and that's good enough for me. Not buying a .1GT3RS gives me an opportunity to scratch the Ferrari item so all good here.

Last edited by usctrojanGT3; 07-02-2024 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2024, 11:52 PM
speed77
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
If I tracked 20-30 days a year like i did back in the day then hell yeah I'd want the GT3RS a lot more but things have changed for me over the past few years. I gave the dealer my want list in this particular order....#1 GT4RS, #2 Touring, and #3 GT3RS so I got my top 2 choices in PTS so I'm a very happy camper. I'm not a super VIP like you so I can't get everything that I want, I'm just a small out-of-town fish.

If the dealer offered me an allocation for an MSRP allocation, would I take it? Yeah I would but I didn't shed a tear not getting one. The GM promised me that I would get a .2GT3RS and that's good enough for me. Not buying a .1GT3RS gives me an opportunity to scratch the Ferrari item so all good here.
Cant hate getting 2 cars on your wish list in pts. You and I are both watching pista prices like hawks.

I think in the end, what has always occurred with 3rs will happen once again. Prices and ADMs will cool once production nears finality. This is not a limited car so those that want one will be able to get one on the 2nd hand market (there are already a good number already on the market including some pts). No one knows where the premium will end up but I assume we will see similar premium decline to what we see in 992 gt3s. That may take a year or two but good examples of this car will be available at premiums well below the current adm. So patience is your friend if you’re hunting and i completely understand the argument of folks who don’t want to pay the current adm.

there will certainly be some folks who aren’t jazzed about what the .2 will hold and the gt department is known for keeping somethings unique to gt model cars (I.e the braun razor shifter in non gt 992s). I’m sure there will be some good improvements and also some bad. That may impact 992.1 prices but historically isn’t the case. Too hard to tell at this point.

The argument that @usctrojanGT3 is making is that at current ADMs for this car are a lot of other options that one could look at. I don’t think anyone can deny that. And like he said at msrp this car is a great buy / value all day every day. That doesn’t mean the car isn’t great or worth it. But if history repeats itself you’ll see strong decline in premium, high production numbers and a .2 around the corner that understandably will cause people to look at other options if they didn’t get offered a 3rs at msrp.
The following 2 users liked this post by speed77:
Captain P (07-03-2024), usctrojanGT3 (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 02:17 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speed77
Cant hate getting 2 cars on your wish list in pts. You and I are both watching pista prices like hawks.

I think in the end, what has always occurred with 3rs will happen once again. Prices and ADMs will cool once production nears finality. This is not a limited car so those that want one will be able to get one on the 2nd hand market (there are already a good number already on the market including some pts). No one knows where the premium will end up but I assume we will see similar premium decline to what we see in 992 gt3s. That may take a year or two but good examples of this car will be available at premiums well below the current adm. So patience is your friend if you’re hunting and i completely understand the argument of folks who don’t want to pay the current adm.

there will certainly be some folks who aren’t jazzed about what the .2 will hold and the gt department is known for keeping somethings unique to gt model cars (I.e the braun razor shifter in non gt 992s). I’m sure there will be some good improvements and also some bad. That may impact 992.1 prices but historically isn’t the case. Too hard to tell at this point.

The argument that @usctrojanGT3 is making is that at current ADMs for this car are a lot of other options that one could look at. I don’t think anyone can deny that. And like he said at msrp this car is a great buy / value all day every day. That doesn’t mean the car isn’t great or worth it. But if history repeats itself you’ll see strong decline in premium, high production numbers and a .2 around the corner that understandably will cause people to look at other options if they didn’t get offered a 3rs at msrp.
Very well put and you get where I'm coming from. To me, the .GT3RS is a $300s car, not a $400s car (for something in the $400s will get me a Pista). No doubt the GT3RS is a cool car but to me it's a one trick pony (I'd only drive to the track, on the track, and back home from the track) and since I don't track as much as I used to having a one trick pony doesn't create a big want. I've enjoyed driving my GT4RS and Touring around town as well in the canyons and on track. I only have so many free hours a week so I want cars I can drive around town.

As for buying the Pista, I'm looking at various cars and getting more info about the car itself. I'll most likely pull the trigger in the winter when I think prices will come down a bit more and I'll be able to spend the time needed to find the right car as the Springs and Summers are my busy times with work. When are you looking to pull the trigger? The Pista will be my first Ferrari so I'm kinda curious about the whole experience. I do however keep looking at Speciales too and I might buy one of those, not sure yet.
Old 07-03-2024, 11:21 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,046 Likes on 5,250 Posts

I do however keep looking at Speciales too and I might buy one of those, not sure yet.
Don't.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:43 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 648 Likes on 310 Posts

Very well put and you get where I'm coming from. To me, the .GT3RS is a $300s car, not a $400s car (for something in the $400s will get me a Pista). No doubt the GT3RS is a cool car but to me it's a one trick pony (I'd only drive to the track, on the track, and back home from the track) and since I don't track as much as I used to having a one trick pony doesn't create a big want. I've enjoyed driving my GT4RS and Touring around town as well in the canyons and on track. I only have so many free hours a week so I want cars I can drive around town.

As for buying the Pista, I'm looking at various cars and getting more info about the car itself. I'll most likely pull the trigger in the winter when I think prices will come down a bit more and I'll be able to spend the time needed to find the right car as the Springs and Summers are my busy times with work. When are you looking to pull the trigger? The Pista will be my first Ferrari so I'm kinda curious about the whole experience. I do however keep looking at Speciales too and I might buy one of those, not sure yet.
Why Pista over Speciale?
Old 07-03-2024, 03:00 PM
speed77
Racer

I’ve had a few 812s and although they sound great they drive like boats. And they all have Ferrari tech quirks and varying levels of fit and finish.

I think the pista is the best that Ferrari has to offer for non limited edition modern examples. Haven’t spent much seat time but to me that’s the one I would consider once the price points converge more.

different strokes for different folks.

lot of question marks as to what comes next from Porsche. Though, they clearly have a winning formula that keeps us all coming back to the well (adms or not).
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 03:43 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Don't.
Please tell me why not to look at Speciales? I'm asking as a Ferrari newb.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Why Pista over Speciale?
I like the more modern looks of the Pista and the extra power but I am drawn to the NA engine of the Speciale. I don't know a lot about either car so I'm open to both for the time being but I do have some Ferrari people telling me to get the Pista while others tell me to get the Speciale but it just makes the decision that much more difficult.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speed77
I’ve had a few 812s and although they sound great they drive like boats. And they all have Ferrari tech quirks and varying levels of fit and finish.

I think the pista is the best that Ferrari has to offer for non limited edition modern examples. Haven’t spent much seat time but to me that’s the one I would consider once the price points converge more.

different strokes for different folks.

lot of question marks as to what comes next from Porsche. Though, they clearly have a winning formula that keeps us all coming back to the well (adms or not).
Any reason why you aren't looking at getting a Speciale?
Old 07-03-2024, 08:02 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 148 Posts

I like the more modern looks of the Pista and the extra power but I am drawn to the NA engine of the Speciale.
Exactly this! It would be a tough choice for me.
usctrojanGT3 (07-04-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 08:55 PM
speed77
Racer

Any reason why you aren't looking at getting a Speciale?
I think it’s overhyped. Yes it’s mid engine na 458 but I don’t think it’s worth the premium over a standard 458. Would rather go after a tdf (much different price point I know) than a speciale
ADgts40 (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 12:36 AM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

I’ve read a lot about a Pista or Speciale vs GT3 RS. They’re all great cars and I’ve owned many. Truth is that my incoming GT3 RS will cost me $385k and my incoming 296GTB will be right at $450k. That’s a true apples to apple. You can buy the last generation GT3 RS for a lot less than a 992 version as well. Just the way the market rolls. Not everyone is as sick as me to need the latest and greatest.
Old 07-04-2024, 01:16 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,046 Likes on 5,250 Posts

Please tell me why not to look at Speciales? I'm asking as a Ferrari newb.
Drive one.

It feels slow, brakes feel wooden and the chassis just flexes like a rubber band.

So you ask, "why is it so coveted and commands such a high asking price?"

Because people are stupid and still kowtow at the altar of "Last NA mid-engined V8 Ferrari".

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread