Sponsored by:

911ST

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 11:41 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
congrats but sounds like the ST is the one you really wanted deep down. You are constantly talking about it
Nah, I'm not someone that thinks of cars as jewelry. It's cool for those it's targeted too though. I'm not the target. The ST wouldn't meet my needs regarding performance or handling. Just shared the pick as both those cars are set to be loaded up and shipped out and neat to see organically placed soon to be dinosaurs.

Excited for all those that got what they were after!

Last edited by Justaroofer; 06-17-2024 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2024, 12:09 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,077 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Nah, I'm not someone that thinks of cars as jewelry. It's cool for those it's targeted too though. I'm not the target. The ST wouldn't meet my needs regarding performance or handling. Just shared the pick as both those cars are set to be loaded up and shipped out and neat to see organically placed soon to be dinosaurs.

Excited for all those that got what they were after!
What are you talking about, if your dealer offers you an ST at or near sticker you would have been all over it. The ST is basically an upgraded Touring and will most likely be used the same way as a Touring for those that won't bubble wrap. So tell us how the Touring will meet your performance or handling needs that the ST couldn't.
The following users liked this post:
TOporschefan (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 12:36 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
What are you talking about, if your dealer offers you an ST at or near sticker you would have been all over it. The ST is basically an upgraded Touring and will most likely be used the same way as a Touring for those that won't bubble wrap. So tell us how the Touring will meet your performance or handling needs that the ST couldn't.
The lease was immediate DOA for me. The car isn't geared towards handling dynamics, it's geared for comfort and fast revs. The design shed weight and sacrificed rws which to me in this sized vehicle rws is highly preferred. I want true connection and the ability to feel the tires roll over a dime in the wheel. The ST was designed to remove that connection. I know others say they enjoy it, but I can assure you.... the sacrifice.of this shed weight don't warrant the gains.

The Gearing to me is the most desirable aspect of the ST and where 70% of the ST sensation comes from. This reduced gearset allows the LWFW to shine.

Same car different gearing provides very different experiences. Dodge used the allow you the option to spec a 2.62 gear or 3.09 gear for desired outcome on hellcats. 2.62 was better on top end speed. 3.09 got you off the line faster.

I'm not being negative, but for the exclusivity the ST is supposed to be I would've expected a bit more.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 06-18-2024 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2024, 12:39 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 989 Likes on 429 Posts

Didn't you know that this was a known fact? GT3 Touring handling and performance > ST handling and performance

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Old 06-18-2024, 12:47 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by unotaz
Didn't you know that this was a known fact? GT3 Touring handling and performance > ST handling and performance
Mike I know you were apart of dealer groups selling cars, but have you ever actually wrenched on cars and understand how they actually work? Serious question. Its not complicated. Slow steering and soft suspension isn't anything you'd want in a performance vehicle. That will get you killed. The ST is a cruiser and thats its design feature. Set to have similar financial flatline of the Speedster.

It's a niche car.

Parts of it are cool yes and super happy for you to enjoy it for your needs.
Old 06-18-2024, 01:17 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 479 Posts

The lease was immediate DOA for me. The car isn't geared towards handling dynamics, it's geared for comfort and fast revs. The design shed weight and sacrificed rws which to me in this sized vehicle rws is highly preferred. I want true connection and the ability to feel the tires roll over a dime in the wheel. The ST was designed to remove that connection. I know others say they enjoy it, but I can assure you.... the sacrifice.of this shed weight don't warrant the gains.

The Gearing to me is the most desirable aspect of the ST and where 70% of the ST sensation comes from. This reduced gearset allows the LWFW to shine.

Same car different gearing provides very different experiences. Dodge used the allow you the option to spec a 2.62 gear or 3.09 gear for desired outcome on hellcats. 2.62 was better on top end speed. 3.09 got you off the line faster.

I'm not being negative, but for the exclusivity the ST is supposed to be I would've expected a bit more.
again you prove you have no clue, just spout things to suit your purchase preferences. Picked up my ST last week, touring the Alps currently and have 1500 miles on it already. I had a 992 GT3 which I tracked and drove nearly 10k miles over 2 years. The ST is a stunning stunning car that is better in everyway. The steering is not slow and is much more tactile to feel the road; ride is improved but not soft, the motor feels stronger. Sorry but it’s the real deal and a better car to cover all those things you say you want from a Touring. Is it worth a $300k ADM over a Touring? No. But at MSRP to MSRP it’s an absolute no brainer to get the ST.
The following 10 users liked this post by disden:
911Vintage (06-18-2024), Apolo1 (06-18-2024), erik_plus8 (06-18-2024), fester (06-18-2024), GTS440 (06-18-2024), Gus22 (06-18-2024), Mike981S (06-26-2024), neoprufrok (06-21-2024), PTS (06-18-2024), usctrojanGT3 (06-18-2024) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-18-2024, 02:10 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 989 Likes on 429 Posts

LOL.

Every time you try to come up with something clever, like “have you ever wrenched on a car”, you dig yourself a bigger hole 😂

Let’s see, BSc Mechanical Engineering, first two jobs out of university were Multimatic Mfg and Toyota R&D in Japan.

Maybe, just maybe, other people on this forum have more knowledge, education, experience and etc than you 😉

Mike I know you were apart of dealer groups selling cars, but have you ever actually wrenched on cars and understand how they actually work? Serious question. Its not complicated. Slow steering and soft suspension isn't anything you'd want in a performance vehicle. That will get you killed. The ST is a cruiser and thats its design feature. Set to have similar financial flatline of the Speedster.

It's a niche car.

Parts of it are cool yes and super happy for you to enjoy it for your needs.
The following 4 users liked this post by unotaz:
fester (06-18-2024), GTS440 (06-18-2024), PTS (06-18-2024), W8MM (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 02:30 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

gorgeous GT3, congrats. And now stop being bitter about not being able to get an S/T, enjoy the gt3t.

My dealer sent me photos of my Touring awaiting PPF and peep what's chilling behind it...

This is representative of the placement of these cars on a podium aswell 🤣.

Last edited by fester; 06-18-2024 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:34 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

Justagoofer You have some wild perspectives. I think most people on RL would probably want an ST over just about anything else given it’s a car built for enthusiasts. I’d want one but I’m a Porsche peasant so it’s not going to happen haha

Why do you care so much about absolute performance? And I would imagine between RS and ST I would be within 1-2 seconds on most tracks….so why do u care? At that point you don’t think the fun factor is a lot more important right?

fun factor and ideally something new with less headaches is what I prefer

So with that logic ST = best porch

Old 06-18-2024, 07:16 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 646 Likes on 308 Posts

Is there anyone in their right mind who wouldn't want an S/T that has a Touring? Just be honest with yourself lol. And this is coming from a PTS Touring owner that has many other Porsches. You wanted one but the big dogs are the ones who got one. I know it hurts to say, but thats what it is. Always someone with a bigger stick, more money, more xxxx. No need to justify the facts by saying the car sucks.
Old 06-18-2024, 07:32 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 113 Posts
Default ST

My guess is EVERYONE that slams a car like the ST, Touring etc can’t have one for a variety of reasons regardless of what they say.
Old 06-18-2024, 07:48 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 100 Posts

If the S/T was PDK only, does this change the thinking? Also, does the S/T have a similar demand in Europe?

Having seen a heard one in person, its a beautiful car. My only criticism is its m/t.
Old 06-18-2024, 07:57 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 113 Posts
Default ST

US was rumored to get around 5-600 which leaves 1400 or so for ROW. Europe got cars before the US so I would say the interest/demand was there. The MT, clutch, was a huge selling point as both were special for this car.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (06-26-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 08:25 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
If the S/T was PDK only, does this change the thinking? Also, does the S/T have a similar demand in Europe?

Having seen a heard one in person, its a beautiful car. My only criticism is its m/t.
100% Yes. Ive had all manuals and then went PDK in the last RS, now back to manual and I will never go back to PDK.

Manual or go fish
Old 06-18-2024, 08:26 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by unotaz
LOL.

Every time you try to come up with something clever, like “have you ever wrenched on a car”, you dig yourself a bigger hole 😂

Let’s see, BSc Mechanical Engineering, first two jobs out of university were Multimatic Mfg and Toyota R&D in Japan.

Maybe, just maybe, other people on this forum have more knowledge, education, experience and etc than you 😉
Perfect! So you do understand the principles I am speaking too. Speaking on Toyota products, the LFA masses clammer about how it's the best sounding V10. Also cool car in concept, but bland in person. Not once is it thought of as a performer in the books.

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Is there anyone in their right mind who wouldn't want an S/T that has a Touring? Just be honest with yourself lol. And this is coming from a PTS Touring owner that has many other Porsches. You wanted one but the big dogs are the ones who got one. I know it hurts to say, but thats what it is. Always someone with a bigger stick, more money, more xxxx. No need to justify the facts by saying the car sucks.
I don't think the car sucks at all. There are decent take aways from it. Halo car its not. The R will likely be more desirable in the long run.

Originally Posted by white6speed
My guess is EVERYONE that slams a car like the ST, Touring etc can’t have one for a variety of reasons regardless of what they say.
The kool-aid drinkers yes, those of us that have access to many great cars and brands no.

Quick Reply: 911ST