911ST

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 09:10 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,794 Likes on 2,373 Posts

Originally Posted by vcp13
I disagree. The best way to get a rich person to part with their cash is to tell them no to keep them in the hunt for the next special product. If every S/T was allowed pts/cxx it would maximize short term profits, but dilute the long term desirability of pts/cxx. A lot of people use pts/cxx for peacocking/status signaling and without that dopamine hit they wouldn’t spend the money.

Sucks for me that I don’t get an Irish green over tan st with “icons of cool” delete, but the strategy is sensible.
I get ur point
and so does the majority of "rich"
but often ppl confuse rarity with good...
Pontiac aztec is pretty rare....
my dog with 3 legs and 1 eye is not common

neither are good...
The following 7 users liked this post by mooty:
911Vintage (06-04-2024), BlazinPond (06-03-2024), cosmos (06-03-2024), Matt(inMA) (06-04-2024), neoprufrok (06-04-2024), welikethetrack (06-03-2024), Yargk (06-08-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-03-2024, 09:50 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
101 PTS RS cars built worldwide
Curious....why do you keep quoting that number? You quoted that number well before my car was color locked, froze or built.
I have doubts that my PTS RS is one of 101 total PTS 3RS worldwide...call me pessimistic. Lol
Old 06-03-2024, 10:56 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,702 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Originally Posted by vcp13
I disagree. The best way to get a rich person to part with their cash is to tell them no to keep them in the hunt for the next special product. If every S/T was allowed pts/cxx it would maximize short term profits, but dilute the long term desirability of pts/cxx. A lot of people use pts/cxx for peacocking/status signaling and without that dopamine hit they wouldn’t spend the money.

Sucks for me that I don’t get an Irish green over tan st with “icons of cool” delete, but the strategy is sensible.
that’s not how options pricing works at Ferrari, Aston or McLaren, or really any luxury product. These upsells are high margin and help part each whale wallet with exactly as much as they are willing to stomach. Letting each S/T be a pts color would be much more profitable, and there’s still the escalating Cxx, Sunderwunsch tiers. And it would help make each car more individualized and support residuals. What do you think is going to happen with the next LE ? Folks are going to stop getting Cxx because they did get it on their S/T ? Lolololol

no. There is zero risk at Cxx desirability being diluted. No self respecting peacock is going to brag “well, 5 years ago I got Cxx on my S/T, but I went with white and a stripe installed by my ppf dealer aftermarket on this year’s super hot LE. Bow down to my VIP status”. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in rennlist in a while.
The following users liked this post:
Odin (06-05-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 12:00 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Curious....why do you keep quoting that number? You quoted that number well before my car was color locked, froze or built.
I have doubts that my PTS RS is one of 101 total PTS 3RS worldwide...call me pessimistic. Lol
If you didn’t pick PTS, someone else would have been offered it.
Old 06-04-2024, 01:18 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
If you didn’t pick PTS, someone else would have been offered it.
Of course, that's usually the case.

I swear I've seen nearly a 100 PTS 3RS cars on IG to date.
Still find it hard to believe your cleaning lady's prophecy holds up from the beginning of the year.
Old 06-04-2024, 07:04 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Of course, that's usually the case.

I swear I've seen nearly a 100 PTS 3RS cars on IG to date.
Still find it hard to believe your cleaning lady's prophecy holds up from the beginning of the year.
agree, seems like on IG there are nothing but PTS 3RS being peacocked around.

Back to the S/T…8 days until I pick mine up in Leipzig on ED. Will be able to give honest feedback since I have owned and extensively driven/tracked basically every GT car made for years now.
The following 14 users liked this post by disden:
911Vintage (06-04-2024), AlexCeres (06-04-2024), BlazinPond (06-04-2024), Daft Chief (06-04-2024), Greek Car Geek (06-04-2024), GTS440 (06-04-2024), JPMD (06-04-2024), luxuryblue (06-04-2024), neoprufrok (06-05-2024), Nick (06-04-2024), Odin (06-05-2024), PTS (06-04-2024), usctrojanGT3 (06-05-2024), vcp13 (06-04-2024) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-04-2024, 09:18 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,053 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Finally some driver feedback from someone who drives coming soon.
Greek Car Geek (06-04-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 07:28 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by PTS
Finally some driver feedback from someone who drives coming soon.
well bad news. Looks like my ED adventure with the S/T next week is not going to happen. I did the lease paperwork 2 weeks ago and all was fine. However, just today Porsche came back and said the paperwork was wrong, lease should be based off the MSRP of the car INCLUDING the VAT, even though the VAT is never paid to anyone and simply accounting gimmickry to CYA in case someone runs off with car overseas. This twist added close to $20k in total lease payments simply to drive the car in Europe for 2 weeks which is absolutely ridiculous, so told them to ship the car back here to dealer. Ridiculous and disappointing. Here I am actually using the car as Porsche wanted (all lip service, lease is simply a shake down as we all know), but I simply refuse to be even further penalized because of where I collect the car. Starting to really run out of excuses to defend Porsche these days, and I have been one of the biggest proponents and customers for a long long long time. Will let you all know how this ends…
Odin (06-05-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 07:32 PM
9957RS
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by disden
well bad news. Looks like my ED adventure with the S/T next week is not going to happen. I did the lease paperwork 2 weeks ago and all was fine. However, just today Porsche came back and said the paperwork was wrong, lease should be based off the MSRP of the car INCLUDING the VAT, even though the VAT is never paid to anyone and simply accounting gimmickry to CYA in case someone runs off with car overseas. This twist added close to $20k in total lease payments simply to drive the car in Europe for 2 weeks which is absolutely ridiculous, so told them to ship the car back here to dealer. Ridiculous and disappointing. Here I am actually using the car as Porsche wanted (all lip service, lease is simply a shake down as we all know), but I simply refuse to be even further penalized because of where I collect the car. Starting to really run out of excuses to defend Porsche these days, and I have been one of the biggest proponents and customers for a long long long time. Will let you all know how this ends…
A public company is friend to no one.
Old 06-04-2024, 07:35 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,053 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Incredibly disappointing to read that. I know how much you were looking forward to the break-in miles over
there. Still looking forward to your feedback once the car gets to the states.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:26 PM
johnarpy
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 73 Posts

I would agree about Porsche being responsible for the whole set up to require a lease. Porsche I'm sure wasn't responsible for the VAT debacle. Ultimately Porsche will probably just go back to the old system which flippers love. I'm really sorry you're going through this, but once you get your S/T, I bet you'll forget all the pain.
Old 06-04-2024, 10:03 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by johnarpy
I would agree about Porsche being responsible for the whole set up to require a lease. Porsche I'm sure wasn't responsible for the VAT debacle. Ultimately Porsche will probably just go back to the old system which flippers love. I'm really sorry you're going through this, but once you get your S/T, I bet you'll forget all the pain.
in the USA if doing Euro Delivery, VAT is a separate transaction, and is immediately refunded upon return of the car, and that is if the dealer even collects its. I do ED every year and have never paid it. As such it has absolutely no bearing upon the USA MSRP of the car. Therefor it nothing to do with lease price. Porsche wants to charge me an entire year of a high interest rate on this VAT amount, which again has nothing to do with anything as this amount is never collected by German Govt. now, it is entirely possible I am the first person who has done this silly lease in combination with Euro Delivery, and it has unearthed some unexpected issues. But after numerous conversations Porsche seems unwilling to budge on basing the lease price upon the MSRP plus VAT, so sorry this is completely wrong and I hold them accountable. It should not cost $20k extra to pick up a car on ED.
The following 2 users liked this post by disden:
Daft Chief (06-04-2024), Odin (06-05-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 10:14 PM
1st
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Folks-

What is the educated word on PPF for these cars please? I did a quick search here and couldn't find anything definitive.

Obviously the gills behind the front wheel arch look problematic for stones being kicked up onto the paint.

Is a partial (front, wheel arch and gills) wrap suitable or does the whole car (expensively) need to be done ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 1st; 06-04-2024 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2024, 10:46 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 671 Likes on 307 Posts

I wrapped my whole RS and ceramic coated. 7k / one 1/2 million dollar car I would just do the whole thing as the door deffo need to be done ya know
AlexCeres (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 12:57 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 169 Posts

I'm going to get mine PPF'd. I'm hoping to do some long distance drives from Cali to Minnesota to visit family and back. Also will take it to track for fun.

Last and biggest reason. More than a few times - someone has scratched the outside film or "rubbed" it and from the outside it looks bad. Take the film off and nothing. It's not as purely beautiful as the paint underneath with no film - but given I plan to use the car a lot and park it in normal parking situations - the film is some piece of mind.
Ukkid74 (06-05-2024)

Quick Reply: 911ST