Sponsored by:

911ST

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 05:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,978 Likes on 2,265 Posts

Originally Posted by speed77
As a touring owner, I think the ST is awesome. However, I did not receive an allocation and do not think the delta cost difference is worth paying for one with adm. I think it’s an amazing car. But hard to justify at current prices. Maybe I’ll regret it but happy with touring
Not getting a ST MSRP allocation when you already have a Touring in your car is not a horrible problem to have.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
dixonk (04-14-2024), speed77 (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 05:53 PM
speed77
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 125 Posts

Facts
Old 04-14-2024, 07:12 PM
bchaincollector
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Allocations remaining

I know the ST is limited to 2500 units but have they given out all of them or is it possible there is another round of allocations before the run is finished?
Old 04-14-2024, 08:30 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 636 Likes on 297 Posts

back to normal programming !

look an ST

The following 7 users liked this post by Ukkid74:
dixonk (04-14-2024), dreamin11 (04-15-2024), fester (04-14-2024), lrebelo (04-15-2024), Marcus799 (04-15-2024), neoprufrok (04-16-2024), speed77 (04-14-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-14-2024, 08:51 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

If you’re pure car enthusiast and not a snob, you like every good car, I love civic type R, focus RS, Acura Integra Type S, Toyota GR corolla etc. in car forum you get to experience all kinds of people. I refuse to respond or pay attention to any of such self absorbed kinds
The following 3 users liked this post by fester:
goin2drt (04-15-2024), InfamousS/T (04-15-2024), lrebelo (04-15-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 09:27 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,460 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Originally Posted by Ukkid74
back to normal programming !

look an ST

Looks like San Marino blue. Never been a huge fan of that color, but it does look nice with those wheels.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:33 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,147 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Funny how all the ST non vip keep forgetting about their forced ADM. Lol. And for a car like the ST.... paid more for less of a car overall. The ST with a loud interior, soft suspension, delayed steering, no rear seat, Manual is far from a master class of "touring car". That trophy goes to the M8GC which is a perfect touring car. The ST is the perfect marketing piece and 🍻 to Porsche for putting together a car that costs 140k+ more than the Touring while effectively castrating the performance of the car at the same time. I gave my M8GC to my buddy and dare I say it I prefer it to even my 992 Turbo S at times still to this day.

Porsche used to be about Performance and not willing to deviate from that. With the ST they did exactly that. Hey... but on the bright side it's a limited edition castration!

Touring> sharp steering
ST> delayed

Touring > sound deadening for long drives
ST> lets save 50lbs by removing the insulation and make a loud cabin almost as bad as the 4RS.

Touring> Relayed turn in and less understeer thanks to RWS.
ST> Slow into the turns so the *** end can catch up because we needed cut 40lbs to give you the ultimate experience without RWS.

Touring> Suspension tuned for you to feel the real time handling for accuracy in response
ST> Let's take the digital inputs of the 3RS tuned all the way down and call it a "tuned suspension". Combined with a steering slop!

Touring vs ST... your spending $1400 for each pound of weight savings for a less "Touring" experience".

Again these are not insults to the ST, just don't represent something as the best when it negates its true intentions and seems to be piece milled together for a sole individuals taste.

To your original point, on pricing.... my MSRP PTS 3RS is still $340k so does that balance out my measly 70k markup on built to spec Touring I only have to wait total of 4 months for?
its remarkable you can make such amazing insights about the driving characteristics of a car you have never driven. One single reviewer mentioned that the steering was odd, the only review on the planet to say that, yet you have run with it as gospel. As I have mentioned before, every review on the planet has said it’s the most natural feeling and accurate EPAS on a car they have driven. Do we throw out those collective thoughts for one single comment? I honestly wonder if those Throttle People (who by the way seem very much like you as they are fascinated by wings) had a press car that was really beat up by the gaggles of reviewers Porsche gave the car to and it had some issues with steering or alignment?

At the end of the day, I will believe what Walter Rohrl has said, greatest road car he has ever driven. His thoughts hold more sway then unaccomplished YouTubers

Last edited by disden; 04-14-2024 at 09:35 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by disden:
BlazinPond (04-14-2024), DontLift (04-20-2024), fester (04-14-2024), goin2drt (04-15-2024), lrebelo (04-15-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 09:43 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by bchaincollector
I know the ST is limited to 2500 units but have they given out all of them or is it possible there is another round of allocations before the run is finished?
its 1963 units.
Old 04-14-2024, 10:25 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Looks like San Marino blue. Never been a huge fan of that color, but it does look nice with those wheels.
It's gentian
Old 04-14-2024, 11:26 PM
Justaroofer
Three Wheelin'

Received 582 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
its remarkable you can make such amazing insights about the driving characteristics of a car you have never driven. One single reviewer mentioned that the steering was odd, the only review on the planet to say that, yet you have run with it as gospel. As I have mentioned before, every review on the planet has said it’s the most natural feeling and accurate EPAS on a car they have driven. Do we throw out those collective thoughts for one single comment? I honestly wonder if those Throttle People (who by the way seem very much like you as they are fascinated by wings) had a press car that was really beat up by the gaggles of reviewers Porsche gave the car to and it had some issues with steering or alignment?

At the end of the day, I will believe what Walter Rohrl has said, greatest road car he has ever driven. His thoughts hold more sway then unaccomplished YouTubers
No there's more than one reviewer that's mentioned the steering delays. Porsche literally said they intentionally changed the steering rack to slow down steering response... AKA jarring, bump steer, tramlining, whatever one chooses to call it. Plus the on road videos confirm that. Listen, I am opinionated and it's not for everyone.... just like this car. This car to me is the equivalent to the Escalade V.... performance motor and while attempting to be a cruiser. Not really able to get the best of both worlds all at the same time, yet giving a certain situation or RPM range shines individually as one or the other. Neither race car, nor street car just the broad gray area between. FYI.... I hate Escalades with a passion aswell. Hellcat Durango different story, but still not in love.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 04-14-2024 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:41 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,326 Posts

I saw there was an S/T delivered in the US last week. They're arriving

Last edited by PTS; 04-14-2024 at 11:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bubba Wibs (04-14-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 12:00 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I saw there was an S/T delivered in the US last week. They're arriving
About time
Old 04-15-2024, 06:36 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,147 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
No there's more than one reviewer that's mentioned the steering delays. Porsche literally said they intentionally changed the steering rack to slow down steering response... AKA jarring, bump steer, tramlining, whatever one chooses to call it. Plus the on road videos confirm that. Listen, I am opinionated and it's not for everyone.... just like this car. This car to me is the equivalent to the Escalade V.... performance motor and while attempting to be a cruiser. Not really able to get the best of both worlds all at the same time, yet giving a certain situation or RPM range shines individually as one or the other. Neither race car, nor street car just the broad gray area between. FYI.... I hate Escalades with a passion aswell. Hellcat Durango different story, but still not in love.
i think you are missing the entire purpose of this car. It’s not a cruiser, it’s not a grocery getter or a daily driver. It was purposefully made to be the most involving and emotional of a driving experience that Porsche can create under the current legal restrictions. They have always said it’s a car specifically made take out on that fun weekend drive, so it will be loud and raw, they wanted it to be an experience, a car to get out of smiling and want more. Oddly with your penchant for cars that are similarly brutal like Viper it’s rather surprising the S/T doesn’t appeal to you.

I had a 992 GT3 for 2 years, I rarely drove it on the street because it was quite honestly miserable on any road surfaces that weren’t glass smooth, and in Indiana we don’t have those. As I have posted from the day I bought it, it was spectacular on the track but ho hum on the street because the front end was ridiculously nervous, the car moved constantly all over the road and after awhile was simply annoying to drive. 992 GT3 Touring in my opinion with the same setup therefor completely missed the mark. The new suspension setup can’t be appreciated until on track, so driving to the store is a fun experience, but it’s not like driving a Turbo S which is like relaxing in your living room in comparison. The steering continues to feel lighter and lighter, and while direct and accurate and not Ferrari video game light, is not as enjoyable as older Porsches which felt more genuine in the sensations given. the biggest draw for a Touring is therefor its NA and manual…cool, we should be thrilled Porsche makes these still and get them while we can. What I am getting at however, is that it’s not some soft cruiser that will whisk you serenely to work in comfort/quiet. The 992 GT3 Touring is still a GT3, so it’s Emotional and loud, still an experience. But as I have said from day 1, Porsche should have softened the suspension on the Touring and dialed back the steering involvement somehow because as delivered it’s a car that misses the mark for a Tourer car. As a weekend fun car, bang on. You have a Turbo S, that’s the calm cruiser.

so my hopes with the S/T, and I will find out soon, is that Porsche fixed the suspension and steering which annoyed the crap out of me on the public roads, which sounds like they did. And that they simultaneously cranked up the loudness, rawness, driving experience that makes it a purely unique driving experience… again which it sounds like they did. My hope was for a raw, emotional special car that tingles the senses for those special drives, all with a manual NA motor and styled so one won’t look like a Putz with a wild color and wings…so for what I want in a car it seems like they hit the mark. So it’s a matter of whether you understand the point of the car or not. I have an EV for a daily driver, love it. I have cars for the track. But for fun drives I want something different, and hope ST nails it. If not, will be happy to say it sucks and will trade it for something else.

Last edited by disden; 04-15-2024 at 06:56 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by disden:
DontLift (04-20-2024), GTS440 (04-15-2024), IndyM (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 06:56 AM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 148 Posts

The ST is not your Swiss knife, it is a fine crafted very sharp Japanese knife. Poodling around will disappoint, driving with gusto willl reward in spades.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:12 AM
rickman_fr
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 91 Posts

teasing

The following 4 users liked this post by rickman_fr:
dreamin11 (04-15-2024), fester (04-16-2024), Marcus799 (04-15-2024), neoprufrok (04-16-2024)

Quick Reply: 911ST