Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 08:20 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 238 Posts

I would prefer a Winged car over a touring car. Personal preference. Never understood why the touring commands a premium
Old 06-04-2023, 09:52 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
I would prefer a Winged car over a touring car. Personal preference. Never understood why the touring commands a premium
I think a manual touring in a nice PTS color is a more romantic thing than a winged PDK in a normal color. Those who want the romantic version will tend to have a stronger want and therefore be more willing to pay more.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:22 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,074 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
I think it's because a lot of people don't track their GT cars because they are so expensive now so those people want the power and handling of a GT3 but in a more subtle appearance without the wing where they can drive it around town and the canyons without attracting too much attention. For me, the Cayman platform is my favorite track car (previously my GT4s and now the GT4RS) which is why I bought a Touring instead of a winged version.
The following 4 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
IRunalot (06-09-2023), PorschePaul (06-05-2023), smiles11 (06-05-2023), welikethetrack (06-05-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 09:19 PM
VivG
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I hadn't really been tracking ADMs closely, but was unexpectedly offered a buildable MY24 Touring allocation (non-PTS) for 60k. Is this reasonable?
Old 06-06-2023, 09:29 PM
mnawa
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by VivG
I hadn't really been tracking ADMs closely, but was unexpectedly offered a buildable MY24 Touring allocation (non-PTS) for 60k. Is this reasonable?

that’s pretty good. 40-60 is going rate.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:39 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
... except for those getting the cars at MSRP. I believe there are plenty of people in that category.
The following users liked this post:
IRunalot (06-09-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 09:49 PM
Day Laborer
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts

When is the 992.1 is supposed to end production?

Last edited by Day Laborer; 06-08-2023 at 04:03 PM.
bpeacock (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 12:21 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
Agree, $60k is higher end of normal. Frankly though, tourings are hammering for $60k over for PTS ones on BAT so unless you have a deep desire for PTS, it's not a bad situation to be able to spec your own from new.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:35 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,549 Likes on 1,615 Posts

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/whol...es-weaken.html
IRunalot (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 12:23 AM
Bhaha Porsche
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I paid $60k ADM for a MY23 allocation with a 992 C2S trade-in. I feel pretty bad about it.

My rationale was to rush to get it before the big MSRP increase and 60k was lower than others in the area.

Unfortunately, I live in an area where dealers charge unreasonable ADM given the local demand.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:20 AM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
Here's my question of the day: IF PTS, 6 Spd Touring 992's are the BEST version of the 992GT3, WHY do they seem to be the majority of flipped cars? BTW, it's a rhetorical question....
Wait. GT3s are track cars. I would 10/10 take my GTS or a targa for any other day.
Not being able to dial down force on a touring makes it a 'lesser' option for the use case that will be most prevalent after the status symbol crowd drives a few 100 miles.
If I could own one fun car, I'd flip a non-winged manual too and be looking for whats next.

Last edited by Orca911; 06-09-2023 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Bhaha Porsche
I paid $60k ADM for a MY23 allocation with a 992 C2S trade-in. I feel pretty bad about it.

My rationale was to rush to get it before the big MSRP increase and 60k was lower than others in the area.

Unfortunately, I live in an area where dealers charge unreasonable ADM given the local demand.
I've paid an ADM in the past, having made (and paid) for that decision I tended to enjoy the car less. There was definitely some resentment toward myself and a self loathing type of feeling whenever I'd look at it or drive it.

Originally Posted by Orca911
Wait. GT3s are track cars. I would 10/10 take my GTS or a targa for any other day.
Not being able to dial down force on a touring makes it a 'lesser' option for the use case that will be most prevalent after the status symbol crowd drives a few 100 miles.
If I could own one fun car, I'd flip a non-winged manual too and be looking for whats next.
I like the Touring and wanted to be in the position for an allocation for one. When my number came up it was for a winged version. Objectively speaking the winged version is the higher performance option and the GT3 was designed with it in mind.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:01 AM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Orca911
I totally agree with you but I like to drive track cars on the street. I like how they feel, sound, handle etc. They make me happy. At the same time I don't want to visually standout. I like cars that feel raw for a daily driver and a GTS does not do that for me.

If my focus was pure track then yeah winged all the way, but then I'd go RS.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:31 AM
Xec
Instructor

Received 145 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Boltsfan
I'm not on here a whole lot and I also don't have much to add to what I've already said, so that is why you haven't heard from me. I'm a "doom and gloomer" because I see what is happening in the economy and have made an educated conclusion as to what is likely to happen? As I and others on here have said many times, the amount of stimulus, lack of timely Fed action, etc. resulted in a huge bubble in many areas of the economy. Couple that with the response of an extreme increase in interest rates in a short period of time and quantitative tightening, you have a situation where things can get ugly. As Pimco has said, there are lags in monetary policy of 6-8 quarters from the start of rate hikes before the economy starts feeling the full effects, which would mean later this year. You, on the other hand, keep pointing to the equities market like it's the end-all, be-all. The same equities market that has priced in significant CUTS by the Fed, which is extremely unlikely to happen barring a significant black swan event. For someone who is self-professed to be such a sophisticated trader, you really don't understand fundamental concepts that is frankly mind-boggling to me. I'm not saying that you need to agree with what I've said; I acknowledge that there could be a soft landing, but the chances of that are extremely low. It's just that you don't seem to acknowledge that there are a lot of factors pointing to a potential downturn in the economy, staring us right in the face. Could this be the most anticipated recession in history, aka, why hasn't it happened yet? Yes, but we have never had this type of situation before with a pandemic, followed immediately by huge amounts of money sloshing in the economy, followed by an extreme reaction by the Fed.

There is very little good news right now as it relates to the economy. Consumers are pulling back. On top of that, the resumption of student loans will cause a lot of people to have to further cut back on spending. Credit has been tightening and will continue to do so. Some people don't realize the magnitude of the credit tightening. Not only are the small and regional banks pulling back due to the run on deposits, the bigger banks are also pulling back. There is concern that new banking regulations will adopted, imposing further capital requirements to address the banking situation, so banks are not making as many loans in anticipation of needing to meet the new capital requirements. Commercial real estate is a complete mess right now. And on, and on, and on.

You are retired so all you probably do is read things here and there on the Internet about what's going on in the real world. That's fine, but you are also very selective as to what you point to in how the economy will be just dandy. On the other hand, I am in the business world living this sort of stuff everyday.
To add to this, merely looking at stock indices you might be fooled into thinking that the market is doing really well and that activity is strong. But that would be quite an incorrect reflection of what’s going on under the surface. Eight of the largest tech stocks now account for 30% of the S&P 500’s market capitalization and account for the shift from a bear to a tentative new bull market. This narrowing of market breadth is unsustainable. A market is healthy when more stocks are rising together.
IRunalot (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 11:34 AM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by IRunalot
I totally agree with you but I like to drive track cars on the street. I like how they feel, sound, handle etc. They make me happy. At the same time I don't want to visually standout. I like cars that feel raw for a daily driver and a GTS does not do that for me.
If my focus was pure track then yeah winged all the way, but then I'd go RS.
Well said. I 'hide' my winged car b/c I am embarrassed to drive it in my home town. No one would look twice at a touring next to Teslas, a horde of Cayenne turbos etc,
I just think that over time - the Touring allure / premium will fade. None of these 992s are limited or rare.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE MT tourings - just wonder if the premium will sticking.
IRunalot (06-09-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM