A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 05:17 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
Exactly.

I also agree. I love the engine on the GT3. But if I’m honest with myself my usage is more backroads with occasional track. I’m not a top tier track driver either - so I wouldnt be able to extract the full capability of a GT3 for some time. It also seems as a product the GT3 is now more raw and track focused by most accounts.

But I admire the car and the engine. Nothing else like it in my opinion. I’m still on the fence. I might wait and see on that C8 Z06. But I generally prefer a manual gearbox.

Anyway - back to GT3 / ADM talk.

Regardless what road you're driving on...only one of these cars feels like an event and a special car and it's not the GTS. That's why GT car values have held strong across two decades and regular 911s fall flat on their face except right now with the money printer going BRRRRRRT.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:42 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Well, talking about excessively high ADMs, I've been with Porsche Bethesda (formerly Rockville) since 2015, I got my first GT3 there at MSRP and have been #2 at MSRP on the list since then. Comes 2017 I reach out to check on my future allocation and as it turns out mine was given to (of all the people) another Rennlist member. Because apparently he made an offer they couldn't refuse. And I met the guy in person before, he knew that was my allocation. He wasn't even a customer nor was on the list. He not only gets my GT3 allocation but also my RS allocation. Nasty. Very small dealer, they only got 3 allocations.
After bringing up several emails where "in writing" the sales manager (super nice guy) wrote me I was #2 at MSRP on all GT cars I was able to get a car. General manager told me he doesn't like I'm on Rennlist even thought if you look back I always praised them.

Comes time to inquire about the 992 GT3... and voilà, General Manager writes me that those emails from sales manager where I'm guaranteed a GT car at MSRP are not binding.

Turns out once again our dear Rennlist bud made them an offer that got me kicked off the dealership 🤯
The following users liked this post:
InfamousS/T (10-19-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 09:48 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Well, talking about excessively high ADMs, I've been with Porsche Bethesda (formerly Rockville) since 2015, I got my first GT3 there at MSRP and have been #2 at MSRP on the list since then. Comes 2017 I reach out to check on my future allocation and as it turns out mine was given to (of all the people) another Rennlist member. Because apparently he made an offer they couldn't refuse. And I met the guy in person before, he knew that was my allocation. He wasn't even a customer nor was on the list. He not only gets my GT3 allocation but also my RS allocation. Nasty. Very small dealer, they only got 3 allocations.
After bringing up several emails where "in writing" the sales manager (super nice guy) wrote me I was #2 at MSRP on all GT cars I was able to get a car. General manager told me he doesn't like I'm on Rennlist even thought if you look back I always praised them.

Comes time to inquire about the 992 GT3... and voilà, General Manager writes me that those emails from sales manager where I'm guaranteed a GT car at MSRP are not binding.

Turns out once again our dear Rennlist bud made them an offer that got me kicked off the dealership 🤯
Unfortunate but sorry to say that is how this goes - many on here have the same story and nothing is guaranteed. Also why it is so entertaining when a new model GT car comes out the number of folks on a "list" that never get a car and are upset. Believe it when you have it, that is the only thing I have faith in.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:52 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Unfortunate but sorry to say that is how this goes - many on here have the same story and nothing is guaranteed. Also why it is so entertaining when a new model GT car comes out the number of folks on a "list" that never get a car and are upset. Believe it when you have it, that is the only thing I have faith in.
Sleazy dealer is sleazy, but I was literally texting with the Rennlister as he was buying my spot... that's nasty.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:05 AM
DucatiV4S
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Sleazy dealer is sleazy, but I was literally texting with the Rennlister as he was buying my spot... that's nasty.
hey giuseppe!! you want i should send a couple of the boyz from brooklyn down to talk to this dealer? we can make him an offer he better don't refuse....know what I'm sayin'??
G.Irish (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 11:12 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DucatiV4S
hey giuseppe!! you want i should send a couple of the boyz from brooklyn down to talk to this dealer? we can make him an offer he better don't refuse....know what I'm sayin'??
😄😄😄
Old 10-05-2021, 11:45 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Have you ever stood next to someone at an open house who puts in an escalation clause which automatically outbids you? Are they being nasty?.. no, they being nice talking to you while having more money they want to spend on the house you had visualized for your kids. It's all the same, don't take it personal.. this is just capitalism baby where money talks and the BS walks...
The following 3 users liked this post by CAlexio:
ashephil (10-25-2021), ggreg911 (10-05-2021), wisky (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 11:53 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Have you ever stood next to someone at an open house who puts in an escalation clause which automatically outbids you? Are they being nasty?.. no, they being nice talking to you while having more money they want to spend on the house you had visualized for your kids. It's all the same, don't take it personal.. this is just capitalism baby where money talks and the BS walks...
Nah we gotta disagree on this one, there is no escalation clause, there is a written agreement with management of GT car at MSRP and they breached. Guy is a POS because he knew. Rennlist has always been a constructive forum and IMO based on the idea of supporting each other, not screwing each other. Capitalism is not synonym with dishonest practice.
The following 3 users liked this post by GiuseppeM:
azzurri (10-05-2021), GTJake (10-07-2021), InfamousS/T (10-19-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 12:00 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Actually, good analogy it’s all business. Pretty sure most people on this site are well to do dropping 200k on a car, and your business will take the better deal. Always said your number is good unreal a VIP/more cash makes a request. Many dealers will not do a list as it just raises expectations it’s a moving target unfortunately for many. Cheers from Venice.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:09 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,284 Likes on 804 Posts

Nah we gotta disagree on this one, there is no escalation clause, there is a written agreement with management of GT car at MSRP and they breached. Guy is a POS because he knew. Rennlist has always been a constructive forum and IMO based on the idea of supporting each other, not screwing each other. Capitalism is not synonym with dishonest practice.
A bit late in the game, but try working with Silver Spring.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:17 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
A bit late in the game, but try working with Silver Spring.
Thanks, reached out to them 6 - 7 years ago and the list was too long, I'll try again but I'll need to find another dealer.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:02 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

That's nonsense. Why would they decide to write something that is not binding or at least honored? It is pointless. Here you go, here is an agreement or letter of understanding, but it doesn't matter so sign it anyway as I won't honor it later. Senseless. I can go with the idea of people wanting to put deposits down, not knowing what will happen (at least you don't know what will happen). But to go through this song and dance and to memorialize it in that regard but give it no mass is an exercise in futility.
More examples of silly people and the widespread acceptance of what I will call Porsche-prostituting by willing customers performing financial favors to the dealers.
We deserve better than this as a rule.

Last edited by azzurri; 10-05-2021 at 01:18 PM.
chance6 (10-07-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 01:43 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Actually, good analogy it’s all business. Pretty sure most people on this site are well to do dropping 200k on a car, and your business will take the better deal. Always said your number is good unreal a VIP/more cash makes a request. Many dealers will not do a list as it just raises expectations it’s a moving target unfortunately for many. Cheers from Venice.

In my experience, not a lot of people on this site have the ability to drop $200K on a car ... they whine and whine and whine ....
Old 10-05-2021, 02:49 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,405 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTB
In my experience, not a lot of people on this site have the ability to drop $200K on a car ... they whine and whine and whine ....
They're whining because they may not have the opportunity to drop $200k on the car they want (no allocation)...or that it would cost them $250k to get said $200k car
Old 10-05-2021, 06:11 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
They're whining because they may not have the opportunity to drop $200k on the car they want (no allocation)...or that it would cost them $250k to get said $200k car
True Dat.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM