992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2021 | 09:41 PM
chance6
Race Car

Same here...I'm on 'the list' for a GT3 but maybe top 6 people. Hard to say if I'll get one. Who knows? But he told me the same thing back in April when I put my deposit in...said something like "we'll get you one as long as you sell back to us"

Last edited by chance6; 10-31-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2021 | 12:20 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

The GT3’s are available easily if your willing to pay their crazy markup of $100,000 or more. At what price are they trying to charge you? With a trade in they can of course underbid the car’s value to create their premium.

I was thinking of trading in my 2022 GT4 and or my 2022 Boxster GTS ( I am paying msrp for these) so if I trade them in for a GT4 even if at MSRP the dealer can capture the premium over msrp on one or both for a major amount of the GT4 premium.

My one dealer told me to wait for 2023 and the premiums on GT3’s will fall to something reasonable.

Old 11-01-2021 | 02:15 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

My sales manager told me that more allocations are being released in early November.
Old 11-01-2021 | 09:43 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
The Norwell car may be a collector’s item one day. Possibly the only one with Traffic Sign Recognition…..
And Park Assist. This is what you get when clueless dealers spec cars.

My general philosophy on pricing is that if the market can bear a higher price then so be it. That said, I see no upside and plenty of downside to dealers charging ADM's. Dealers are completely useless and unnecessary when it comes to getting GT cars into customer's hands and they do nothing with the additional profits except line their pockets. I have never seen my local dealer give back in any way to its customers - no sponsored track days, tech events, meet & greets with famous Porsche personalities - you name it, they do nothing. Heck, our local dealer doesn't even do C&C's.

I know there are a few dealers out there that do this stuff but they're few and far between. If higher prices are to be charged then let the additional dollars go to the manufacturers. At least they'll allocate a portion to making more/better products and supporting car enthusiasts via R&D, racing, new products, etc. Porsche should make all GT car sales B2C and kick back a portion of the additional profits to dealers that actually work to enhance the brand experience.

Porsche wake up. You're lining dealer's pockets that don't give a wit about your product with profits that you could be putting to good use.
Old 11-01-2021 | 12:27 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Tesla scares the dealers. If you want one of their new super sports cars - just go to their website and fill out the offer form- give them a $50,000 deposit and wait for the car.

A lot less hassle than dealing with dealers and their sales agents.

The Porsche GT cars should be sold by Porsche directly and after you type in your deposit they should give you your position in line.
The following 4 users liked this post by Targa32:
AlexCeres (11-01-2021), IrwinMFletcher (11-04-2021), Spike Spiegel (01-01-2022), token (11-02-2021)
Old 11-01-2021 | 12:38 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

I agree Tesla's buying model is hard to beat, even in Texas where it's illegal to sell direct to you. BUT, we've been waiting over 2 months for a service appointment. Their service capability and process is a five alarm dumpster fire. (And I say all of the as nicely as I can as a Tesla fanboi)
Old 11-01-2021 | 02:24 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Targa32
Tesla scares the dealers. If you want one of their new super sports cars - just go to their website and fill out the offer form- give them a $50,000 deposit and wait two three four five years for the car.
FTFY.
The following users liked this post:
michaeldorian (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021 | 02:31 PM
jayhawkai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Archimedes
FTFY.
Always a great sign when you put $50K down and they remove the product from the website.
Old 11-01-2021 | 02:56 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa32
Tesla scares the dealers. If you want one of their new super sports cars - just go to their website and fill out the offer form- give them a $50,000 deposit and wait for the car.

A lot less hassle than dealing with dealers and their sales agents.

The Porsche GT cars should be sold by Porsche directly and after you type in your deposit they should give you your position in line.
This would be the dream. Sigh.
Old 11-01-2021 | 02:57 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I agree Tesla's buying model is hard to beat, even in Texas where it's illegal to sell direct to you. BUT, we've been waiting over 2 months for a service appointment. Their service capability and process is a five alarm dumpster fire. (And I say all of the as nicely as I can as a Tesla fanboi)
Dealers makes more money in service then selling cars right? Could be a system where you buy and assigned a service dealer local to you.

Heck. Even give the dealers a bit of profit for handling the delivery services but Porsche handles the order flow.

Similar to what Specialized Bicycles is starting to do with there high end bikes. You can buy direct and can select a dealer where the delivery happens.

Last edited by michaeldorian; 11-01-2021 at 03:39 PM.
AlexCeres (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021 | 03:01 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by michaeldorian
This would be the dream. Sigh.
This would be dreamy yes, but I don't think it will ever happen. That would wipe out an entire network of favors and sub economics that profit immensely from this GT car allocation game. 3s 3Ts and 4s I'm a newbie at this, have yet to title a new GT car in my stable, of any generation, but have done so with multiple S/4S level 911s, 2 of them in the middle of this shortage/inventory lack situation and I can tell you first hand, even those have been somewhat of a game. Heck my wife's inbound '22 Macan was also part of a 'game' to get allocated and on order. Not a chance P.AG. is dealing directly with us ever! They have dealers, then PCNA as a one two punch buffer before we can get to the mother ship. +1 on the 'sigh'.
Old 11-01-2021 | 03:05 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by michaeldorian
Dealers makes more money in service then selling cars right? Could be a system where you buy and assigned a service dealer local to you.
I don't think that's true for these cars. How can you beat 100-150k markup to do next to nothing? That on top of the MSRP-invoice profit already embedded on the price, that we all seem to forget.
150k is a lot of maintenance. That's profit for about 15 Cayennes sales (estimating 10k per, which is a lot). That's profit for another 150 911s 3 year service, estimating 1k in profit per, also overestimated. My local dealer got a bit over 20 allocations for the MY22, say an average 50k markup and they collect a cool 1M doing nothing but what they're supposed to, on top of their normally collected profit.

They love this markup, it's like printing money. I have no pity when things go down and the lots are full. I will always remember these days.
AlexCeres (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021 | 03:11 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAB12
This would be dreamy yes, but I don't think it will ever happen. That would wipe out an entire network of favors and sub economics that profit immensely from this GT car allocation game. 3s 3Ts and 4s I'm a newbie at this, have yet to title a new GT car in my stable, of any generation, but have done so with multiple S/4S level 911s, 2 of them in the middle of this shortage/inventory lack situation and I can tell you first hand, even those have been somewhat of a game. Heck my wife's inbound '22 Macan was also part of a 'game' to get allocated and on order. Not a chance P.AG. is dealing directly with us ever! They have dealers, then PCNA as a one two punch buffer before we can get to the mother ship. +1 on the 'sigh'.
They answer to shareholders. If there's profit to be made bypassing dealers, they will. It's a matter of who has the more "convincing " lobby with federal and state legislatures. Dealers are no longer mom and pop business. They are as cutthroat as the factories. IMHO, their market should be restrained to trade and used cars.

If I want to buy a new car without trading, they can profit with the delivery inspection. If I want to trade, they can lowball the used car (which they always do). Use tax breaks as incentive to trade. Go make money maintaining the cars.

Gone are the days that we actually need a dealer beyond a test drive. All the information is out there and commonly I find salespeople that are misinformed. This is a matter of time with changing of generations.
Old 11-01-2021 | 03:18 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

@John Mclane Good points. I've found to have more information about my cars than any dealer SA, so I'm with you there.
Old 11-01-2021 | 04:24 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

I hope the dealers charging ADM’s are giving a generous portion to the salespeople. I would think they are struggling with the complete lack of inventory….

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM