Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021 | 02:30 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Originally Posted by wintershade
Why doesn’t Porsche just raise the MSRP for GT3 to $195K. Clearly there is a market for these cars around that price point, given my hunch is most people are paying $25-35K ADMs.
The current situation is abnormal though. If the normal volume of GT3's were being produced right now, the early adopters would still be paying markups but we'd get to the point where there'd be a closer match of cars to buyers and adm's would ease. Right now markups are sky high because no one has cars to sell.

Porsche could certainly start the GT3 at $195k but I think at that price point they'd need to offer more performance/tech to justify it. Part of the allure of the GT3 is you get a lot for the money. Start jacking up the price to where it's playing directly against exotics and it's less compelling. But, maybe that'd be fine if they were still able to sell every one they make.

​​​​​
Old 07-04-2021 | 02:34 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SBARacing
I’m sorry, but that is BS!!!
I got a glimpse of 991.2 first batch vs 992.1 and it is 1/2. A large dealer and they got 12 allocations for 992 where they had 24 for the 991.2 on the first batch. Im sure Porsche will make more, but that first batch was cut for all dealers.
it’s hard to tell what’s been intended and what’s been collateral damage from the current economic / supply situation. It’s possible Porsche doesn’t even know for themselves. A lot of people don’t expect things to “get back to normal” on the supply chain front for a year. But that’s a projection and nobody actually knows. A lot of raw materials are sourced from parts of the world that are still not doing well.

Old 07-04-2021 | 03:04 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Why doesn’t Porsche just raise the MSRP for GT3 to $195K. Clearly there is a market for these cars around that price point, given my hunch is most people are paying $25-35K ADMs. There might be some buyers who are building to a budget that order fewer options, but Porsche margins would still be better on average. Seems like it would end most of the ADM shenanigans since beyond a certain point (call it $250K or so) a lot of other more exotic options become available. I don’t really get it.
Seriously? 👎 You didn’t read any of those comments mimicking yours during the 991 ADM debacle advocating the same, did you? PAG raised the price and dealers are still playing the ADM game.

SMH
Old 07-04-2021 | 03:26 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

One big difference between Porsche and Ferrari dealerships is that Ferrari diner need to sell Panameras or Cayennes. I was told by a GM of a major dealership in SoCal that PCNA allows for the ADMs and lack of commitment from dealers to customers so that they make up for the huge discounts they have to give in order to sell the Panameras. Now with the Taycan, I think Panamera is out, and the Cayenne has been redesign, and the new Turbo GT should rival the Urus and the Bentayga and G63's, that could change, but once a habit is formed, there is no way back I would think.

I am sure that PCNA gets hundreds of complaints from its dealership network every year, but the dealers are the true clients of PCNA. Not us, the consumers. Unless you are a VIP (918ish), the owners/GMs are the ones who are invited to car launches in Estoril and other places.

Good to discuss, but I see no changes in the near future. Pay to play or take your $ somewhere else (as I did).
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021 | 03:35 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Why doesn’t Porsche just raise the MSRP for GT3 to $195K. Clearly there is a market for these cars around that price point, given my hunch is most people are paying $25-35K ADMs. There might be some buyers who are building to a budget that order fewer options, but Porsche margins would still be better on average. Seems like it would end most of the ADM shenanigans since beyond a certain point (call it $250K or so) a lot of other more exotic options become available. I don’t really get it.
Adm is everywhere, from civics to aventadors. Adding to msrp doesn't change anything, dealers would just add adm on top. not to mention that prices across brands are carefully planned out to fit into a spectrum years beforehand.
Old 07-04-2021 | 04:03 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

5000 euro discount from my dealer... Not too much but really appreciated
Old 07-04-2021 | 06:19 PM
Btbossman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SBARacing
I’m sorry, but that is BS!!!
I got a glimpse of 991.2 first batch vs 992.1 and it is 1/2. A large dealer and they got 12 allocations for 992 where they had 24 for the 991.2 on the first batch. Im sure Porsche will make more, but that first batch was cut for all dealers.

So I sent him a snip of your message and he says they currently have 39 orders with deposits. 24 current build slots allocated and another 24 by Q4.

ADM of 40k on most of them. This is just winged gt3. They have 12 touring slots pending as well.

BY 2023 these will be discounted in the USA.

Im not the kind of guy who thinks cars are an investment, regardless of that, the ADM game is capitalism at its finest. Demand certainly exceeds supply right now and likely for the next 12-18 months, no doubt.

It pay to play. If you know someone, or are a valued customer to someone who matters, you will catch a break.

I was offered one at MSRP. My build spec at over 200k just doesn’t make sense for me. I chose to spec a turbo S instead.

I really like the new Gt3 but the more I look at it, the more I think a .2rs is a better play when the market cools down in a few months.

ETA this is for the Penske dealerships in the DC area. Tysons and chantilly.

Last edited by Btbossman; 07-04-2021 at 06:22 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Btbossman:
AlexCeres (07-04-2021), cadster (07-05-2021), m3doc (07-06-2021)
Old 07-04-2021 | 07:16 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kavocat
I have no experience with Porsche Chandler, but I’ve done two recent transactions with Aaron at Porsche Monterey. Based on my experiences, he’s an honorable GM who loves Porsches and represents the dealership well. I would happily buy from him again if I had some extra garage space.
I've bought several cars from Porsche Chandler including my current 992 GT3 that is coming. They have been fantastic with me, but probably because I usually just trade/sell my cars to them. I did pay ADM for my first car I bought from them which was a 3RS. After that, They have been very fair with sticker or less depending on the product. I do know that a few years ago there was a lot of turmoil and turnover there and the member here that dislikes them definitely got caught up in that.
Old 07-04-2021 | 07:37 PM
seanhaus
Rennlist Member

What is the info I’m missing here about the market “cooling down” in a few months? Is there some crystal ball some of you received on your Carrera GT purchase or what?

Old 07-04-2021 | 07:48 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seanhaus
What is the info I’m missing here about the market “cooling down” in a few months? Is there some crystal ball some of you received on your Carrera GT purchase or what?
Agree.

I still recall these same comments about ADM on new cars back when the 991.1 GT3 was rolling out and had been recalled due the engine fire. Along with that, a car spec'd with buckets were impossible the get and much higher in price/demand.
Old 07-05-2021 | 12:49 AM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Btbossman
So I sent him a snip of your message and he says they currently have 39 orders with deposits. 24 current build slots allocated and another 24 by Q4.

ADM of 40k on most of them. This is just winged gt3. They have 12 touring slots pending as well.

Im not the kind of guy who thinks cars are an investment, regardless of that, the ADM game is capitalism at its finest. Demand certainly exceeds supply right now and likely for the next 12-18 months, no doubt.

It pay to play. If you know someone, or are a valued customer to someone who matters, you will catch a break.

I was offered one at MSRP. My build spec at over 200k just doesn’t make sense for me. I chose to spec a turbo S instead.

I really like the new Gt3 but the more I look at it, the more I think a .2rs is a better play when the market cools down in a few months.

ETA this is for the Penske dealerships in the DC area. Tysons and chantilly.
Penske dealership in DC with 24 allocations? I find it very hard to believe. But hey, maybe they do.
There was someone who posted that Champion, 2 largest in the country got 30 allocations.

Old 07-05-2021 | 02:12 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by cox1974
5000 euro discount from my dealer... Not too much but really appreciated
Veramente? non stanno vendendo in Italia?.. 5k di sconto non si scherza!
Old 07-05-2021 | 02:54 PM
Chris-911
Instructor

Your theory didn’t work this gen. Porsche did raise the price (significantly). And ADMs went up significantly as well.
Old 07-05-2021 | 05:17 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Btbossman

Question: is that 39 in at least 'order demand' stage or cars actually spec'd and ordered already?

24 build slots allocated I assume are actual orders? Does this mean there are 15 on the current list in order demand?

2023 discounted?? Discounted from the ridiculous ADM or discounted off MSRP?
Old 07-05-2021 | 07:54 PM
Btbossman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chance6
Question: is that 39 in at least 'order demand' stage or cars actually spec'd and ordered already?

24 build slots allocated I assume are actual orders? Does this mean there are 15 on the current list in order demand?

2023 discounted?? Discounted from the ridiculous ADM or discounted off MSRP?
I don’t want to bother him further but I assume from our convo ( he’s a big GT car aficionado) that Porsche will be producing a lot more 992 cars over the life span then the 991s.

I believe 24 are already in process, as the allocation he offered me wasn’t able to be speced until the end of the year, which I will assume would be in their second batch of allocation expected in q4.

Obviously supply chain issues are the main concern here, but when the world fully returns to normal, Porsche should be cranking these out and he specifically said by 2023 people would be getting discounts. I assume off sticker price. But only time will tell.

I think the popularity of the 911 has never been greater, and Porsche will capitalize on all the kids who dreamed about these cars as kids who are now making 180k+ coming straight out of college.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM