Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2021 | 01:40 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by phow
Honestly, I hesitated for a moment when I saw the new GTS and lightweight package... I still want the Touring but this could be a good “hold me over” option instead of grabbing a 991 GT3T.

But I could definitely see others who were leaning GT3, going for the GTS instead. It’s probably the closest in between of a Carrera and GT car I have seen. If the GTS ever gets the 4.0 like the 718, that might just be the perfect 911.
I built out and bought a GTS Cabrio( GT Silver w/ black/bourdeaux interior) Should be here next Spring.

The GTS was not bought in place of a GT3 but, purposely, because I wanted a Cabrio that in the Winters can ship out to my Vacation getaway

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 07-02-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2021 | 01:55 PM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Agree fully on Porsche's bush league dealers and poor experiences.

No manual on 296 or I might be interested. Gorgeous.
The US has too many middle men in businesses. The dealer network is antiquated and no longer needed. Porsche/ Audi/VW just need to have direct sales like Tesla.
The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisFL:
m3doc (07-06-2021), Spike Spiegel (12-30-2021)
Old 07-02-2021 | 02:02 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
The US has too many middle men in businesses. The dealer network is antiquated and no longer needed. Porsche/ Audi/VW just need to have direct sales like Tesla.
Agree. Stealerships should do delivery inspection and maintenance work. They're specialized enough to get a hold on that market, in addition to warranty work.

The stealerships lobby won't allow for that as seen in multiple states. Even trade-in is loosing its advantage as several states are cutting the tax break.
Old 07-02-2021 | 02:40 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

delete

Last edited by RUF RS; 07-02-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2021 | 03:04 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I built out and bought a GTS Cabrio( GT Silver w/ black/bourdeaux interior) Should be here next Spring.

The GTS was not bought in place of a GT3 but, purposely, because I wanted a Cabrio that in the Winters can ship out to my Vacation getaway
Exactly why I went with a Speedster....
Old 07-02-2021 | 05:39 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Agreed, the Ferrari process is well defined and buyers know where they stand.
A Ferrari dealer is punished if they charge an ADM as it is against corporate policy.
Porsche corporate could do the same but they refuse to. Especially after DieselGate where the lure of easy money at Porsche seems to have a very strong appeal. With Porsche, it is the Wild West which has such a potential to leave a bad taste in the buyer's mouth as buyer's feel they are gettng squeezed for every drop. These can be Dealership owners who came from prior owning Honda dealerships and tactics, such as the history of Porsche Chandler, AZ

As a contrast Ferrari is all about a wonderful buying experience, although admittedly quite pricey.
If you have ever met Anna at Atelier Ferrari you know what I mean, she sets up simulation and real views, then tailors suggestions for you.

I bought into Porsche Chandler doing $240k of GT car business in the first 4 months of them opening their doors May1 2016. I was then told to my face, shook hands, and confirmed by the Sales Manager Aaron Z that I was on the 991.2 GT3 car list. Within 3 months he and most sales staff had departed, nobody knew my name and repeated calls and emails were stiff armed as "No GT3 for you".
They rejected my suggestion to take my name for a waitng list as a cash buyer.
The salesman claimed the Porsche Chandler dealership owner had comandeered control of the GT3 car allocation list and would not honor any prior owner verbals, he was giving cars to his friends and staff had no authority to the list.

I went onto the secondary maket and paid $30k plus costs for an allocation out of State.
Porsche cars are great but I'll never buy another because of USA dealer games.
Not even a Taycan as I build my Solar grid

With Ferrari's new 296GTB announcement this week I'm really excited about the innovation and low CG, so I am selling my last Porsche.
The GT3 truly is a fantastic and iconic car but it is so sad that Porsche Germany accepts such bad behaviour by their dealers and the Champion debacle should have been a wake up call - but has anyone seen any changes?

one of the things that deeply bothers me is that, for not-limited production cars, Ferrari will take your order and eventually you'll get one. Maybe 2 years. Maybe 3. Or whatever. And yeah the VIPs will all be ahead of you in line. But put down a deposit, get a car. And no, it doesn't work that way for the limited editions. But still.

Porsche could do this. "put 10% down cash, and you're guaranteed a build slot ... someday". It'd screw the flippers, and it'd be a big help to smaller local dealerships who wouldn't see their medium sized whales buy elsewhere. Instead Porsche intentionally sets up fake regional monopolies and uses GT allocations as a reward for dealers ... not customers.

Porsche is deeply involved in encouraging the dealer ADM games bull****.
The following users liked this post:
sherpacycling (07-08-2021)
Old 07-02-2021 | 05:54 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
one of the things that deeply bothers me is that, for not-limited production cars, Ferrari will take your order and eventually you'll get one. Maybe 2 years. Maybe 3. Or whatever. And yeah the VIPs will all be ahead of you in line. But put down a deposit, get a car. And no, it doesn't work that way for the limited editions. But still.

Porsche could do this. "put 10% down cash, and you're guaranteed a build slot ... someday". It'd screw the flippers, and it'd be a big help to smaller local dealerships who wouldn't see their medium sized whales buy elsewhere. Instead Porsche intentionally sets up fake regional monopolies and uses GT allocations as a reward for dealers ... not customers.

Porsche is deeply involved in encouraging the dealer ADM games bull****.
I decided to start shopping other brands (Lamborghini, McLaren, Ferrari) not because I have necessarily given up on Porsche but because I wanted a "backup plan" if my dealers wouldn't honor my GT3RS MSRP deposits (to be clear, I don't plan on buying two RS, but there are two dealers I work with and my hope is at least one will come through for me)...with each passing day I feel like my RS odds get lower and lower but hey if they don't honor it then tough luck I move on (already ordered an EVO...so if I do get an RS at MSRP then boy I guess I'm just one lucky SOB...if I don't then life goes on but I'm certainly not going to stress over it and throw a tantrum).

All three brands gave me excellent service from start to finish. Great attention while in the dealer. Great desire to build a brand experience. Very honest and open about allocations and genuinely willing to get me a car...made it clear I could have them at MSRP but would take X time but guaranteed. Ferrari specifically surprised me...for non limited cars they have no problem selling you one as long as you're patient.

Every Porsche dealer I walk into, whether I have somewhat of a relationship or not, feels like it's a burden for them that I'm there.
AlexCeres (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021 | 08:27 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
I decided to start shopping other brands (Lamborghini, McLaren, Ferrari) not because I have necessarily given up on Porsche but because I wanted a "backup plan" if my dealers wouldn't honor my GT3RS MSRP deposits (to be clear, I don't plan on buying two RS, but there are two dealers I work with and my hope is at least one will come through for me)...with each passing day I feel like my RS odds get lower and lower but hey if they don't honor it then tough luck I move on (already ordered an EVO...so if I do get an RS at MSRP then boy I guess I'm just one lucky SOB...if I don't then life goes on but I'm certainly not going to stress over it and throw a tantrum).

All three brands gave me excellent service from start to finish. Great attention while in the dealer. Great desire to build a brand experience. Very honest and open about allocations and genuinely willing to get me a car...made it clear I could have them at MSRP but would take X time but guaranteed. Ferrari specifically surprised me...for non limited cars they have no problem selling you one as long as you're patient.

Every Porsche dealer I walk into, whether I have somewhat of a relationship or not, feels like it's a burden for them that I'm there.
same. At least those dealers return my phone calls. The NA MT drivers car isn't something I'm willing to give up on. But it's tempting to take a pause. Trade in the current toy and mix up the flavors instead of dealing with this bull****. The 812 is a siren. One last v12 to close out the books ... Too bad it's so fat. Friend bailed for a McLaren. Lots of attention from the dealership and support in closing the deal. Hell, they treated my kid like a prospective client. Selfies inside an Artura. They haven't sold me yet, but lol they might have a future customer anyway.
Old 07-02-2021 | 09:05 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Artura does look interesting
Old 07-03-2021 | 12:04 PM
chance6
Race Car

Porsche should be reading this thread.
michaeldorian (07-04-2021)
Old 07-03-2021 | 12:08 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chance6
Porsche should be reading this thread.
I actually plan on never buying another Porsche until I can spec a GT3 @ MSRP. I’m on the list for MY23 with a dealer, but if there’s ADM. I’ll pass.

Planned on getting a Macan for my wife until all this. I’m done playing dealer games.

Last edited by smiles11; 07-03-2021 at 12:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by smiles11:
michaeldorian (07-04-2021), NYCGT3 (07-04-2021)
Old 07-03-2021 | 12:59 PM
kavocat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Bought my 718 GT4 out of state from Chandler Porsche and had a very good experience, but that’s just one transaction. Aaron Z is now the GM here in Monterey and, based on my interactions with him so far, he seems like a good guy who represents the dealership well.
I have no experience with Porsche Chandler, but I’ve done two recent transactions with Aaron at Porsche Monterey. Based on my experiences, he’s an honorable GM who loves Porsches and represents the dealership well. I would happily buy from him again if I had some extra garage space.
Old 07-04-2021 | 01:01 PM
Btbossman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick787
it will happen ......my neighbor is a Porsche executive he said they will make tons of them just be patient and he smiled.
Ditto… my buddy who is GM of Tysons Porsche says they already have more builds scheduled then they did all 991.2s. By next summer, assuming a less restricted supply chain, these will be available.

I was offered one at MSRP. Only have ever owned used Porsches purchased at auction. Met this guy at church a few years ago. Relationship is all that matters in sales fellas.
The following 2 users liked this post by Btbossman:
michaeldorian (07-04-2021), Spike Spiegel (12-30-2021)
Old 07-04-2021 | 01:46 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Btbossman
Ditto… my buddy who is GM of Tysons Porsche says they already have more builds scheduled then they did all 991.2s.
I’m sorry, but that is BS!!!
I got a glimpse of 991.2 first batch vs 992.1 and it is 1/2. A large dealer and they got 12 allocations for 992 where they had 24 for the 991.2 on the first batch. Im sure Porsche will make more, but that first batch was cut for all dealers.
Old 07-04-2021 | 02:14 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Why doesn’t Porsche just raise the MSRP for GT3 to $195K. Clearly there is a market for these cars around that price point, given my hunch is most people are paying $25-35K ADMs. There might be some buyers who are building to a budget that order fewer options, but Porsche margins would still be better on average. Seems like it would end most of the ADM shenanigans since beyond a certain point (call it $250K or so) a lot of other more exotic options become available. I don’t really get it.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM