Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago:)

Awesome car, I've had MANY Porsche's...mostly GT3s and track cars this is the first cab. I'd forgotten how nice top down motoring is....
Attached Images  

Last edited by Leigh2; 11-30-2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2016, 08:06 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Folks,

It was really 8 months from when I first went in and told my SA I wanted this particular car. Its emotional at some level to actually see it in person after all that time. Not tears emotional, but none the less special. Don't let the sunshine, or no snow fool you. It was about -10C , so some +12F, when the picture was taken. The top was down just for the pictures in the dealers lot. I live west of Calgary on a small acreage and had to navigate some icy roads to get into the city, as we did have some snow overnight in our area. So unfortunately my plan is still to have it trucked out to the hanger late next week for winter storage. Trust me that sucks big time, I see you folks down south with your new Porsche's able to enjoy them this time of year. Alas, I will have to wait. But I will post more pictures, perhaps taken in the snow on the ramp in front of my hanger, or tucked away inside.

Cheers,
Old 11-30-2016, 08:18 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Leigh2
Awesome car, I've had MANY Porsche's...mostly GT3s and track cars this is the first cab. I'd forgotten how nice top down motoring is....

Alberta California, I didn't know there was an Alberta California? Do you guys accept Canadian Passports, can I move there, as an Albertan? I do have an Alberta Driver Licence.

Seriously, great looking car! But I bet it was not 12F when the picture was taken.

Cheers,
Old 11-30-2016, 08:21 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Just leave this here for you...

http://suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991GT3WWP.html

Mine is coming on snow tires -- why not??
Old 11-30-2016, 09:05 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Not the actual delivery, that happens late next week after the ppf, paint protection, and Radar Detector install. The car arrived at the dealership yesterday and I dropped by this morning to have my first look. It had not had any PDI, except to remove the white plastic film. Two quick cell phone pictures attached. Of course the official picture set will be published once I take full ownership. I am going to put on the clear front side marker lamps, the amber/yellow ones do not go well with the Dark Blue, IMO.
Awesome You've had one of the longer waits for transport I know, already took the air bag stickers off my leather visors and waiting on my clear marker lamps , they should be here any day!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:15 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Sweet new arrivals. My car is on day 16 of sitting at the Port in San Diego. Hoping to hear anytime that it got on a truck to PNW. The wait is almost over.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:24 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I was spoiled by the hard tops on my 458 and 650S spyders. The TTS coupe looks better IMO than the TTS cab with the top up IMO (and a tick faster), but i just can't give up riding around with the top down
Old 11-30-2016, 09:39 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
Sweet new arrivals. My car is on day 16 of sitting at the Port in San Diego. Hoping to hear anytime that it got on a truck to PNW. The wait is almost over.
That's disappointing. Any reason why it is sitting for 16 days?? My ship is heading toward Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico. ETA Dec 3, then onto SD. Prob Dec 7-9.

Why so long once it reaches SD? I was hoping for delivery around a week later.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:08 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by parabola19
I was spoiled by the hard tops on my 458 and 650S spyders. The TTS coupe looks better IMO than the TTS cab with the top up IMO (and a tick faster), but i just can't give up riding around with the top down
I am +1 with the coupe actually looking better, but I am also a +1 with wanting to personally drive a cab. I like to drive with the wind in my hair, even with the fact that the hair that I actually still have is not that much. I was also looking at the Fcars and the Mcars, but I came back to the 991.2 TTS cab as my summer DD 'supercar'. In the end it is all just a personal choice, I am very happy with my choice, as I would be if someone else went elsewhere.

Cheers,
Old 11-30-2016, 10:19 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ace37
Just leave this here for you...

http://suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991GT3WWP.html

Mine is coming on snow tires -- why not??
Yes I did think of that route, and at the end of day I still might go that way. My dealer has the same winter set up for about the same price, if you include the diff between the CDN and US dollar. Its tempting.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:28 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
Wow, that kinda wait time sucks, especially once your car is that close to its home. But your car will indeed arrive, and that day will be great, as was my day today, when I got to actually sit in MY 911.

Here's hoping for a quick trip for yours from now on!

Cheers,
Old 11-30-2016, 11:45 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parabola19
already took the air bag stickers off my leather visors
I want to do the same... Was there some special trick to it or do you just peel it off?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:18 AM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

I am +1 with the coupe actually looking better, but I am also a +1 with wanting to personally drive a cab. I like to drive with the wind in my hair, even with the fact that the hair that I actually still have is not that much. I was also looking at the Fcars and the Mcars, but I came back to the 991.2 TTS cab as my summer DD 'supercar'. In the end it is all just a personal choice, I am very happy with my choice, as I would be if someone else went elsewhere.

Cheers,
fwiw, i feel the same way and was in the same boat. i had a 997.2 TT cab. Loved driving it with the top down, but with the top up, i didn't like the interior sound (I think that's better with the 991) or the looks (even with the top down, i think the coupe looks better - I know, just an opinion). Then the new Targa came out. I know it's not for everyone, but for me, I love the look, both top up or top down. I know some think it's not the same open car feel as a cab when driving it, but I disagree. I think it's almost identical. So then I was hoping and waiting for a TT Targa. Alas, never happened. Then when I test drove the 991.2S, I was blown away at how fast it was, how much fun it was. So that's what I bought. Point is, for me, and for probably many of you debating between cab and coupe, I think the Targa is a great solution, and you should consider that as an option. I'd emphasize it's not a "compromise" - for me, I didn't have to give up anything as it relates to looks or open car feel - both are exactly what I wanted. Now of course if you want a TT, you don't have that option and at this point, I don't think a TT Targa will ever happen.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
shaginwagon
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Leigh2, can you post a few more pics? I am building a similar cab. Is yours a 4S?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Not the actual delivery, that happens late next week after the ppf, paint protection, and Radar Detector install. The car arrived at the dealership yesterday and I dropped by this morning to have my first look. It had not had any PDI, except to remove the white plastic film. Two quick cell phone pictures attached. Of course the official picture set will be published once I take full ownership. I am going to put on the clear front side marker lamps, the amber/yellow ones do not go well with the Dark Blue, IMO.
Beautiful build. I see a trace of wood in the door panel! It looks really nice in contrast with your interior choice. Your configuration turned out beautiful and I am sure it will be the jewel of the hangar. Congrats and enjoy. Please post a few more pictures.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!