Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:50 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSPete
So I have been tracking the Gentle Leader. The app has not updated since 11/19 at which time they were past the Azores. They must be out of range. They are somewhere mid Atlantic heading towards panama. Due to panama 11/27.

Then I look at drudge and see this. Oh no, there goes my schedule.
That must not be fun to watch. To get AIS tracking offshore you generally have to pay, (in my case $20) to get access to satellite based ship location data. The ships, even the big guys, will steer clear of severe weather and that could indeed slow them down. Just keep checking in.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:57 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Intended path of gentle leader right thru hurricane
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2016, 10:03 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
This is my last post here, and now officially a 911 owner for the first time! Thanks everyone for the months of sharing. This really helped me to pass the time waiting!

Best feeling ever. Love the badge deletion. and the PSE. Wish it was an option on the TT(S), love the way it looks even if the performance gains would be negligible.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:09 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joenyc
i had the car dropped to Orlando Fla. Definitely got the ventilated seats. I got the 4S cabrio. The dark colors in the interior or exterior especially in the summer in Fla are not desirable
Agreed 100%. I'm in Fort Lauderdale, I got the Graphite Blue/Chalk interior, have black in my 997 GTS and I haven't driven the GTS since i took delivery a couple weeks ago. Havn't bought a car with black/dark interior in years.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Deanda
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First post and first porsche. Ordered S4 cab manual a couple of weeks back. Taking delivery in Atlanta in late feb.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6YHKF0
Old 11-23-2016, 03:18 AM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deanda
First post and first porsche. Ordered S4 cab manual a couple of weeks back. Taking delivery in Atlanta in late feb.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6YHKF0
Welcome. Congrats on the purchase of your C4S cab. A few comments on the particulars.

1) Want to make sure you considered ticking the free "Instrument Dials in Black" option, or else your car will come with the tachometer in gray, which some people find more difficult to read.

2) Illuminated door sills are not that great overall. You hardly notice them, according to friends which have them. I'm also getting the brushed aluminum interior and chose the door-sills in stainless steel. Looks sharp, a fraction of the cost.

3) You might consider seat belts in silver, if you'd like to add a bit of additional contrast to the interior, if you're not opting for deviated stitching (or even if you are).

4) Are you sure you want to get PCCB on a non-track car, given that it's a cabriolet and that you aren't opting for PDCC w/SPASM?

Cheers! I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment from your car. Pull up a chair and tuck in for the wait!
Old 11-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Deanda
Intermediate

Smile

Thanks for advice.

I like feel and look of pccb. Also, a bit of weight reduction can't hurt when adding xtra weight from 4wd and cab.

Any others have thoughts on dial colors ? SA advised against other colors (wjite, red) because less visible - did not discuss black.

I like very simple interior color scheme - all black.

Last edited by Deanda; 11-25-2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Just changed to the black dials. Thanks for the thoughts/advice.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:10 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the gray tach in my GT4 and GT3 RS....I also had white dials in 3 previous Porsche's of different model years.

I ordered my 991.2 Targa 4S with black dials for the same reason planet stated. The white LEDS on black background offer the best visibility day or night IMHO. Here is a great pic of the all black if it helps:
http://www.jlosee.com/images/porsche...dashlights.jpg

I had illuminated aluminum sills on a 997.1 Turbo, ordered carbon illuminated on my GT4 and ordered illuminated aluminum sills for the Targa. I like them a lot. I guess it's a personal thing but given the option I will always order them even if I am the only one who gets to enjoy them when I open and close the door.

I have to disagree with planet on the PCCB. I would NEVER order PCCB on a track car given the cost of rotor replacement and/or risk of rotor damage. I think PCCB are best spec'd on a street car but for the price they are worth it to me. I love the low dust and the lower weight is great on paper but you don't notice it on the street.

There isn't really any other yellow on the car so the red calipers on the standard brakes would tie in better with the tail lights and light bar on the 4. Consider adding painted crests to bring some color the wheels.

Have you thought about platinum deviated stitching? It would add subtle contrast/pop to the interior and make it look a bit more premium too. Would tie in with your exterior color and interior trim as well.

One last thing have you considered the 18 ways? The painted shells of the seat backs look awesome when the top down and again tie into your silver and black theme. Also brings contrast to the interior.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:19 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Black dials, always. Just like my bicycle tires.......to me, anything else looks contrived.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:30 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
Black dials, always. Just like my bicycle tires.......to me, anything else looks contrived.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:55 AM
JustBud
Race Car

^ exactly. I was thinking more like this

Last edited by JustBud; 11-23-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:31 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, I am a fan of Black Dials, I agree they seem the easiest to red in all light conditions.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Deanda
Intermediate

I like simple and clean - GT silver with no obtrusive color or model destignation or color crests. GT silver Porsche lettering and the one crest ont he front ... On the inside, straight bacl and brushed aluminim.

I also like black, here is my bike ...
Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Deanda
Intermediate

The 18 way are too tight for me and, frankly, too much on the bolsters. I relaly liuke the 14 way.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:55 PM
JustBud
Race Car

I like simple and clean - GT silver with no obtrusive color or model destignation or color crests. GT silver Porsche lettering and the one crest ont he front ... On the inside, straight bacl and brushed aluminim.

I also like black, here is my bike ...
I get it and feel the same (I went with graphite blue, but second choice was GT silver). Nice bike by the way, some former teammates of mine have that bike and rode it on the BWR. I like orange too.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!