Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry not a lot of pictures I just snapped a few on my phone when it arrived and right now it's far away
It is a C4S but just says PORSCHE and 911 on the rear
Attached Images   

Last edited by Leigh2; 12-01-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added text
Old 12-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Alberta California, I didn't know there was an Alberta California? Do you guys accept Canadian Passports, can I move there, as an Albertan? I do have an Alberta Driver Licence.

Seriously, great looking car! But I bet it was not 12F when the picture was taken.

Cheers,
It arrived just before the sky fell in Calgary, I had it shipped to the desert right from the dealer I'm hoping Trump will just buy Alberta and put us out of our NDP misery so I spend time in California campaigning that idea
Old 12-01-2016, 06:22 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
Beautiful build. I see a trace of wood in the door panel! It looks really nice in contrast with your interior choice. Your configuration turned out beautiful and I am sure it will be the jewel of the hangar. Congrats and enjoy. Please post a few more pictures.
Thanks, I did go with the wood trim, doors, dash, center consol, and steering wheel. I was not sure how it was going to look with the two-tone interior. I am very happy, as it seems to look real nice in person. We have wood trim in both the Boxster-S and the Cayenne-S, but in both of those cases the interiors are monotone leathers, Luxor Beige and Expresso. As soon as I actually get the car back I will takes some better photos, both inside and outside and post them.

Originally Posted by Leigh2
It arrived just before the sky fell in Calgary, I had it shipped to the desert right from the dealer I'm hoping Trump will just buy Alberta and put us out of our NDP misery so I spend time in California campaigning that idea
LOL, I was over in Europe when the AB election went down. I picked up the news next day on my iPad at breakfast. I just about choked on my Croissant, I asked the wife WTF just happened? I then flagged the waiter down and ordered a double Scotch.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:57 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gyangage
I want to do the same... Was there some special trick to it or do you just peel it off?
Theres a couple threads on here about it if you search, just take 91% alcohol (rubbing, not the everclear i tried as a kid) soak a paper towel cut down to the sticker size and lay it on the visor. I left it on for about five minutes and then took a dull edge (backside of my pocketknife) and very carefully pulled up enough to start a peel. I cannot stress enough that patience is needed to get it cleanly off in one swipe, otherwise it'll be stuck in sections. Worked perfectly. Miniscule dot from where i pulled up but too tough to notice, and cost was less than 10 bucks, as opposed to the 700 plus suncoast wanted for the european visor that are sticker less. I'll upload a couple pics in a minute
Old 12-01-2016, 07:18 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Originally Posted by gyangage
I want to do the same... Was there some special trick to it or do you just peel it off?
also use lots of leather conditioner, the alcohol isnt the best for it, the after is also a little out of focus but you get the picture...
Attached Images   
Old 12-01-2016, 07:42 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by parabola19
also use lots of leather conditioner, the alcohol isnt the best for it, the after is also a little out of focus but you get the picture...
Dang, that looks very nice. I guess I should have ticked that leather box in my build. I am now into the after market world, which seems like it will cost me more. You interior looks to be the same as mine Graphite Blue & Chalk. The sun visor looks Black, is that correct?

Thanks for the posts and pictures.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:00 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Voodoo Blue S is closer.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:08 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Dang, that looks very nice. I guess I should have ticked that leather box in my build. I am now into the after market world, which seems like it will cost me more. You interior looks to be the same as mine Graphite Blue & Chalk. The sun visor looks Black, is that correct?

Thanks for the posts and pictures.
No its the Graphite Blue leather, the mirror housing on the other side is black plastic, but its the same leather as all the graphite blue, I questioned whether to get the sinvisors since i was going to order the european ones but since o had every other leather option ticked i figured why not. But the ease of removal in the thread here definitely influenced my choice.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:16 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Thanks parabola. I will wait and see how much the Yellow Warning Labels bug me and take it from there.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:37 AM
gyangage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parabola19
Nicely done and thanks for the tips!
Old 12-02-2016, 12:16 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dmtsc
My Voodoo Blue S is closer.[/I]
Good news for sure, or should I say Goodoo News
Old 12-02-2016, 12:43 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PTS TTS

Originally Posted by Mickk
-991.2 Turbo S Convertible
-PTS Olive green non-metallic with black roof
-Wheels, air-vents, lower rear bumper and model designation in high gloss black.
-Sideskirts and headlamp washers in exterior color
-Black leather interior with dashboard strips and airvents in exterior colour
-Full extended leather interior with the revcounter and sportchrono in white.
-Illuminated carbon doorsills
-etc.
Really looking forward to seeing this one
Old 12-03-2016, 04:11 PM
bizwiz
Intermediate

Default How long to build?

I have been (not so) patiently waiting for my 991.2 C4S Cab since it was ordered in September. It has been delayed several times, but was supposed to enter the body shop (CP 0.0) most recently on 12/ 2/16. It didn't happen. My SA now tells me it will both enter the body shop on 12/ 9/16, and exit the same day (CP 7.8)! Has anyone else seen this kind of body in white build schedule? I originally was told to expect delivery at the Atlanta PEC in December, then January and now early February. I'm hoping this does not portend even more delay.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by bizwiz
I have been (not so) patiently waiting for my 991.2 C4S Cab since it was ordered in September. It has been delayed several times, but was supposed to enter the body shop (CP 0.0) most recently on 12/ 2/16. It didn't happen. My SA now tells me it will both enter the body shop on 12/ 9/16, and exit the same day (CP 7.8)! Has anyone else seen this kind of body in white build schedule? I originally was told to expect delivery at the Atlanta PEC in December, then January and now early February. I'm hoping this does not portend even more delay.
Mine took 8 weeks, C2, and another guy here ordered a Targa and it took 8 weeks. That's 8 weeks from order to delivery.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:23 PM
bizwiz
Intermediate

Does this mean my dealer has no pull, or something else?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!