Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016 | 10:39 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustBud
This and build your car on the configurator at least 10K times, spend inordinate amounts of time on Rennlist............. that is about the story of my life presently.
And add another $5k of options right before the build locks...
Old 12-04-2016 | 10:46 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

This and build your car on the configurator at least 10K times, spend inordinate amounts of time on Rennlist............. that is about the story of my life presently.
Yes!
Originally Posted by ace37
And add another $5k of options right before the build locks...
....and sadly.... yes!!

Old 12-04-2016 | 01:46 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Yes!

....and sadly.... yes!!

This exactly!

I added sport chrono at the last minute. I don't like the dash-wart (aka clock) and was going to have the sport chrono added afterwards sans clock to keep the dash clean. Turns out that's not as likely as it was in the past so I'd much rather have the clock and sport chrono than no sport chrono at all!

The problem is, even though it was a change before my freeze date, it caused the entire schedule to be recalculated and my delivery got pushed out extra month.

I have to keep reminding myself these are good problems to have
Old 12-04-2016 | 03:09 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Good news for sure, or should I say Goodoo News
It is as I have a beach trip planned in June. It's going with me too.
Old 12-04-2016 | 03:43 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gyangage
The problem is, even though it was a change before my freeze date, it caused the entire schedule to be recalculated and my delivery got pushed out extra month.

I have to keep reminding myself these are good problems to have
Tell me about it, I changed my C2S order to a TT a week before it locked!
Old 12-04-2016 | 03:57 PM
planet
Instructor

Just got an email from my SA. My C4S is now on board the Adriatic Highway, with an ETA at the port of San Diego of December 23rd. (Plus probably 2 weeks to get it to NorCal and to take delivery.)

BTW, I've assembled a YouTube playlist entitled What to watch while waiting for your Porsche Carrera 991.2 to arrive. Contains reviews, walk-arounds, commentary, POV drives, all sorts of stuff. 114 videos and several hours of distraction.
Old 12-04-2016 | 04:01 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Originally Posted by planet
Just got an email from my SA. My C4S is now on board the Adriatic Highway, with an ETA at the port of San Diego of December 23rd. (Plus probably 2 weeks to get it to NorCal and to take delivery.)

BTW, I've assembled a YouTube playlist entitled What to watch while waiting for your Porsche Carrera 991.2 to arrive. Contains reviews, walk-arounds, commentary, POV drives, all sorts of stuff. 114 videos and several hours of distraction.
Congrats!! Haven't received an email yet but here's to hoping we're shipmates! My car has been sitting at Emden for a couple of weeks now!!
Old 12-04-2016 | 04:12 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

That's great to hear! As long as progress is being made somewhere then I know I'm shortly to follow

And thanks for the video link! My guess is I've already found most of these but it'll be fun to see if not!
Old 12-04-2016 | 04:52 PM
TTSPete
Racer

My ship just passed Puerta Vallarta. I thought it was heading to San Diego but it is going to Port Hueneme. Which is better because it is a faster port to unload, etc. It is due 12/6.

Texted my SA today (on Sunday!) and he said they will expedite whatever they can do. Things are looking up for Christmas.
Old 12-04-2016 | 05:04 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Just got an email from my SA.
Email on Sunday?

Congrats!! Haven't received an email yet but here's to hoping we're shipmates! My car has been sitting at Emden for a couple of weeks now!!
Maybe waiting for mine which got there 12/2.
Old 12-04-2016 | 05:34 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Hope your all arrive quicker then mine. The ship arrives San Diego on Nov 12th but had to anchor up till the 15th because no room at the dock. It was 3 days early arriving to San Diego so I am assuming they have certain unloading schedules. Just got word late Friday it has been placed in Release for Transport status. My next update should be Exit Port of San Diego. Hope that comes soon and will be in the PNW shortly. It was original scheduled to arrive in the PNW on Dec 16th. Looks like we will be pretty close to the original date. Can't wait!!!!!
Old 12-04-2016 | 05:38 PM
planet
Instructor

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
Hope your all arrive quicker then mine. The ship arrives San Diego on Nov 12th but had to anchor up till the 15th because no room at the dock. It was 3 days early arriving to San Diego so I am assuming they have certain unloading schedule. Just got word late Friday it has been placed in Release for Transport status. My next update should be Exit Port of San Diego. Hope that comes soon and will be in the PNW shortly. It was original scheduled to arrive In the PNW on Dec 16th. Looks like we will be perky close to the original date. Can't wait!!!!!
Numerous are the tales of automotive purgatory at the port of San Diego. Oof. Great news that there's a light at the end of your particular tunnel -- in time for the holidays, with any luck!
Old 12-04-2016 | 05:41 PM
planet
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Maybe waiting for mine which got there 12/2.
The Adriatic Highway left on November 30th. I wonder what the ship departure frequency is? Hopefully you won't have to wait too long!
Old 12-04-2016 | 05:43 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Numerous are the tales of automotive purgatory at the port of San Diego. Oof. Great news that there's a light at the end of your particular tunnel -- in time for the holidays, with any luck!
It has been a LONG journey. Placed order in July. Sold my E63 amg shortly after and have been dally driving a suburban. Ready for another fun car. 1st porsche so even more excited.
Old 12-04-2016 | 05:59 PM
planet
Instructor

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
It has been a LONG journey. Placed order in July. Sold my E63 amg shortly after and have been dally driving a suburban. Ready for another fun car. 1st porsche so even more excited.
Your black-on-black C2S should be fantastic by comparison. First Porsche for me, too. I'm coming from a 5 series, which is a veritable boat by comparison.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!