Sponsored by:

Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 10:46 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Tweed
Having spent an inordinate amount of time with the online configurator, getting increasingly confused, I am going to claim that the answer to that question is "No" (without any real certainty).
I think you're right, Tom. That's how I'm reading it too. At least you also get PDLS and auto dimming mirrors along with warm buns!

Part of me thinks I should only add options that improve performance, but the creature comforts are awfully nice. More easily criticized in a GT3 order, I think. I'd add PCCB's but I'm at my threshold of financial pain at $150k!
Old 04-09-2015, 10:51 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jvmax
seems like quite a few posters here have been selected. Here is a list of confirmed 60th Club Coupe orders I noticed on this thread:

1. Leader
2. JAM2
3. mathfuzzy
4. Jhoffmann
5. Todd B
6. mtgabois
7. mikemdd
Dude, every time I look at your signature, I'm jealous that you have a CSL. It's a car high up on my bucket list! Although they're really expensive, I think they're way undervalued compared to RS Carreras.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:37 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Fellow buyers - your dealer should be willing to negotiate - mine did - as I understand it, your dealer by being selected by YOU has earned from PCNA an additional allocation for next year! That's huge. Another car to sell when P is talking about limiting the number of cars out there. Go get 'em.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:57 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
I hope PCCB is available, but for some reason, I doubt it. It will throw off the red blue color scheme by adding in some yellow to the mix. Perhaps they can be painted specially for us in BLAU.
Anything is po$$ible .......a long time customer had the std yellow PCCB calipers of his Porsche factory matched to the slightly different yellow color of his car and was charged $8000 for the " pleasure " ....and that was 10yrs ago !
Old 04-10-2015, 04:13 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mtgabois
Fellow buyers - your dealer should be willing to negotiate - mine did - as I understand it, your dealer by being selected by YOU has earned from PCNA an additional allocation for next year! That's huge. Another car to sell when P is talking about limiting the number of cars out there. Go get 'em.

I would think the order allocation has to revert to PCNA, otherwise there is zero incentive for any dealer to negotiate ...they would all simply charge a dealer mark-up to drive off the winners and sell to the highest bidder walking off the street who would not know the PCA from the PGA and could care less ......it would turn this feel good 60 th anniversary " contest " organized by one of the oldest and largest dues supported private car clubs in the world with the intention of good -will maintenance by its marque manufacturer into the opposite ...a PR nightmare for both !
Old 04-10-2015, 11:24 AM
BigT
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious what you guys who have ordered (or are definitely ordering) are choosing for transmission-PDK or 7-spd?
I got the email and said yes but have heard nothing from my designated dealer-do they have all the details yet-options, pricing, production slots? Sales manager is on vacation and SA's know nothing when I called.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:38 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BigT
Curious what you guys who have ordered (or are definitely ordering) are choosing for transmission-PDK or 7-spd?
I got the email and said yes but have heard nothing from my designated dealer-do they have all the details yet-options, pricing, production slots? Sales manager is on vacation and SA's know nothing when I called.
In which round were you notified? If the first round, the dealership should have the email from PCNA.

In my case, I had to reach out to the dealer.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:45 AM
BigT
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks mathfuzzy, I was in first round and as I said GM on vacation and SA ignorant of details-small dealer.

Is yours 7-spd or PDK?
Old 04-10-2015, 11:54 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BigT
Thanks mathfuzzy, I was in first round and as I said GM on vacation and SA ignorant of details-small dealer.

Is yours 7-spd or PDK?
NP. Seems like someone else in management at the dealership should be able to access the email from PCNA. Hopefully the GM gets back soon!

I'm opting for the manual transmission. I really like the act of shifting and using the clutch. After more than three decades of (nearly) exclusively driving cars with manual transmissions, it's become for me a natural part of the driving process. Or, said differently, it's weird almost to the point of uncomfortable to not use a clutch pedal.

And if you want to get excited about a manual transmission and the GTS, check out this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EY...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
My latest acquisition was a 2011 911 Speedster in Carrara White.
did not realize these are fetching $270k

http://www.millermotorcars.com/used/...542466dd09.htm
Old 04-10-2015, 04:08 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Mathfuzzy, that red C2 you have is awesome. 4900 miles? Wow.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:22 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BED997
Mathfuzzy, that red C2 you have is awesome. 4900 miles? Wow.
Thanks! If you want to see what a new 993 looks like, come on over. They're called the last of the air cooled 911s but I think they should really be called the last of that analog 911s. I'm fortunate to have it.

There's a whole in an introduction thread that I posted if you're interested: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8660...biography.html
Old 04-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 167 Posts

Configured my car at the dealer this AM. Won't get a final price until PCNA goes over the build sheet...supposedly. Ordering process seems needlessly murky from the dealer's perspective, I think.
Anyway, my car is a SEP build, which means a NOV delivery. Ugh. Still very jazzed about owning this car, but really disappointed to wait SEVEN MONTHS for it.
Also, turns out my dealer is handling TWO Club Coupe orders.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Thanks! If you want to see what a new 993 looks like, come on over. They're called the last of the air cooled 911s but I think they should really be called the last of that analog 911s. I'm fortunate to have it.

There's a whole in an introduction thread that I posted if you're interested: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8660...biography.html
You are indeed fortunate. But I am not so sure what the 993 would be the last of if not air cooled. The last one with no power steering, no ABS, just pure analog driving was the SC. No?
Old 04-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
Anything is po$$ible .......a long time customer had the std yellow PCCB calipers of his Porsche factory matched to the slightly different yellow color of his car and was charged $8000 for the " pleasure " ....and that was 10yrs ago !
I don't think they'll do that anymore. When I visited 'Porsche Exclusive' at Zuffenhausen in 2013 they specifically mentioned that several customers had requested a different color on their brake calipers from factory. The issue had been debated internally & a decision was made NOT to allow it. Seems to me that 'branding' has something to do with it. They wanted the calipers' colors associated with a particular 'spec' of brakes rather than a design element to be customized in a deviating color at will. So at Porsche, PCCB brakes are 'Yellow', S/Turbo/gt3 are 'Red' & Base are 'Black'! Except for the Cayenne/Macan (whose 'S' models - including the Cayenne Hybrid - inexplicably get 'silver' calipers ), Porsche Hybrids now merit their own politically correct caliper color - 'Acid Green'! The one exception PAG will make is to their exclusive 918 Spyder customers. Those that do not wish to have 'Acid Green' calipers on their Spyders can order them in one deviating color ('Silver', that is it) for $2800 as a CXX 'Porsche Exclusive' option.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...