Sponsored by:

Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:07 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Leader
I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm a little surprised so many are "passing" on this opportunity after initially expressing interest.
So, roughly 12 cars still unaccepted?

Do you think that Porsche plans to build all 59 of these cars in one batch? If so, that means a lot of details are going to have to be finalized before any of us see our cars.

This may be a much longer process than we anticipated...like SEP/OCT.
Its eBay auction psychology with Porsches. People often overpay on eBay because they get caught up in 'winning'. Part of the attraction here is 'winning' the car. A small part but a part nonetheless, and its an attraction going nowhere but down the more times they have to do the drawing and watch 'winners' say, uh, never mind.

It all goes back though to who should really be in the market for one of these in the first place. The wrong ones who 'won' took a pass, leaving the True Believers hanging in there hoping and praying. Ten years from now I doubt any of you will care how many drawings or months it took. You'll just be glad you got one. Which it strikes me is pretty much the way things ought to be. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy it seems.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
I suspect that the factory will wait until all 59 fully spec'd orders are received , with a deadline of deciding specs by each buyer in early May ,and then the factory will build all of them in one batch over a day or two that month and they will land in the US in late June/ early July in time to be shown off at most summer regional PCA gatherings celebrating this 60 th anniv yr
I imagine target timing is right - that they'd ideally be delivered in time to participate at the Parade. Seems a little tight though. I'll be delighted if I have mine in time for Rennsport V.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
I suspect that the factory will wait until all 59 fully spec'd orders are received , with a deadline of deciding specs by each buyer in early May ,and then the factory will build all of them in one batch over a day or two that month and they will land in the US in late June/ early July in time to be shown off at most summer regional PCA gatherings celebrating this 60 th anniv yr
I hope you're right, but when I ordered my 2011 GTS four years ago, it took 14 weeks from order submission to delivery day (to the West Coast).

I'm sure PCNA will have 60th Club Coupe #1 at Parade, but numbers 2-60 won't make it. I think August is the more likely target, if the orders can be completed by May.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:38 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leader
I hope you're right, but when I ordered my 2011 GTS four years ago, it took 14 weeks from order submission to delivery day (to the West Coast).

I'm sure PCNA will have 60th Club Coupe #1 at Parade, but numbers 2-60 won't make it. I think August is the more likely target, if the orders can be completed by May.
Right, I forgot about #1. Seems as though Rennsport is realistic.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:39 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

I doubt anyyone expects to see many 60CC at the Parade unless the cars are within a few hundred miles of Indiana. At the Monterey Parade last summer I only saw two 50th PCA cars .
I think from a max PR standpoint PCNA would rather these cars be driven to their regional PCA get -togethers that occur throughout the summer , not gathered all together in a cornfield in Indiana , then tucked away .
Old 04-03-2015, 06:15 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I continue to be hopeful that I get that call. So for fun I am already trying to think about the what ifs.

If I get the call......

Do I keep my pristine 2008 997S?

Do I change from an avid 3 pedal guy to PDK?

Will my local dealer try to take advantage of my excitement and try to gouge me on selling price?

Do I have the right to shop around for another dealer who might be more in line with local pricing of a regular GTS?

I must stop thinking about it.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:53 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
I continue to be hopeful that I get that call. So for fun I am already trying to think about the what ifs.

If I get the call......

Do I keep my pristine 2008 997S?

Do I change from an avid 3 pedal guy to PDK?

Will my local dealer try to take advantage of my excitement and try to gouge me on selling price?

Do I have the right to shop around for another dealer who might be more in line with local pricing of a regular GTS?

I must stop thinking about it.
i'm sticking with manual if i'm picked. Manuals always seem to be highly sought after. Now can we order ceramic brakes on this car?
Old 04-04-2015, 01:58 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
i'm sticking with manual if i'm picked. Manuals always seem to be highly sought after. Now can we order ceramic brakes on this car?
As far as I know, no PCCB's because the options list is limited. That's what I was told. I lost interest once I was restricted on options. Not willing to pay $150k if I can get exactly what I want.

Sadness.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Mosbrn78108
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Old 04-05-2015, 02:29 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jvmax
i'm sticking with manual...
You and me both. Much as I'm an advocate for technological advances, there's something enjoyable about using the clutch.

Looking forward to having actual information about what options are offered. I thought it was the whole GTS list, but maybe not.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:05 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
You and me both. Much as I'm an advocate for technological advances, there's something enjoyable about using the clutch.

Looking forward to having actual information about what options are offered. I thought it was the whole GTS list, but maybe not.
It's sadly limited.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8545...l#post12145101
Old 04-05-2015, 10:24 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Thanks Green. Are you sure about the list? I only have the offer letter and a copy of the rules, and neither says anything about the available options - only the list of standard equipment.

Lack of sport PASM would kind of be a problem for me. Would love Burmeister over Bose also. I might live without a glass sunroof, but would be less than happy about it. Likewise the very polarizing rear wiper. Silly little thing, but l like it.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:46 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Thanks Green. Are you sure about the list? I only have the offer letter and a copy of the rules, and neither says anything about the available options - only the list of standard equipment.

Lack of sport PASM would kind of be a problem for me. Would love Burmeister over Bose also. I might live without a glass sunroof, but would be less than happy about it. Likewise the very polarizing rear wiper. Silly little thing, but l like it.
I think the only way to be absolutely sure, for yourself, is to email PCA (admin@pca.org). But this is what I was told when I reached out for confirmation. Options list was limited. As such, my interest in the car diminished almost instantly, despite my affinity for this type of blue.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

No luck today. Wishing for a fourth round...
Old 04-06-2015, 12:41 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
No luck today. Wishing for a fourth round...
I thought the next round was tomorrow?

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...