Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 03:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Yet as you see, there are NICE ones out there at great prices

HFS hand picks the HOT ones. The only thing you need to do is seal the deal $$$.

There is years of research and knowledge put into these "HFS Approved" ones. Like the Cliff Notes accelerated course for getting into a 991.1. Can't beat it

We should be charging tuition here. But yet, it's free enrollment for the smart shopper.

Last edited by STG; 05-29-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:30 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For all the talk about inflated prices and lack of inventory at reasonable prices, a few of the recently posted ones look like good deals, and ironically are sitting unsold still...
Old 05-29-2017, 07:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by STG
Posting again. Nice CPO Sport Design Manual C2S.

Anyone seen it in person??

Another price drop here. They were over $90K when first listed. Being aggressive and dropping weekly.

Attachment 1164696Attachment 1164695Attachment 1164698Attachment 1164697

WP0AB2A91ES121994

https://bramanporsche.com/inventory/...tallic+1176025

down to $84,991.00

WP0AB2A91ES121994
Old 05-29-2017, 07:06 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by smbryan
For all the talk about inflated prices and lack of inventory at reasonable prices, a few of the recently posted ones look like good deals, and ironically are sitting unsold still...
I agree, there are some nice ones. Some of these dealers have gotten a little too excited with the pricing. I've seen some ridiculous ones.

I think and know some of them have been lurking on HFS too much
Old 05-29-2017, 07:28 PM
OBX
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Lot more lurkers on there than I thought. I was at autocross yesterday and someone looked at my car and said "Hurricane from Rennlist - the HFS thread!" He had a aquamarine '13 991S that he had shipped from out of state. Beautiful car!
Originally Posted by STG
That's great. Pretty cool. You're a RL/HFS superstar

Yes, lots of lurking. We hit 1,000,000 just this past March.

A lot of lurking for slim pickings on HFS deals. No wonder prices are where they are. Says something about the desirability of the model. We've become its best promoter.
OK - long time, first time. Outed by @Hurricane, so got to say hello, but most of all thanks to @STG for moderating and to all the regular contributors.

Just a brief intro - started reading from post #1 back in the Fall of '16 and followed regularly. Owned Macan S and did AX and DE with PCA Potomac and was looking for a gently used 991. After signing up for first DE this season, I got an email that said no more SUVs at DE. That hastened my search, and I used every search available to anyone with an internet connection: Porsche Locator, major dealer web sites (Penske, Sonic, etc.), cars.com, carmax, autotrader, HFS - if it had a web page I was looking at it.

On Sonic site one night and Momentum Porsche had just listed a 2013 Aqua Blue metallic, C4S with 15,260 miles on it and warranty set to expire in less than 30 days. No pixs, just VIN (WP0AB2A93DS122434) and price ($79,980). Next day I went to Rockville Porsche, a Sonic dealer, where I bought Macan (and had it routinely serviced). From previous discussions with my SA I knew dealers in same family routinely moved cars around for customers. I asked if he could "help me" on this car. Spent about 90 minutes going over car and it's history from dealer database, transfer, etc. They would gladly ship car up to Maryland (covered carrier) provided color and price were acceptable. After confirming they would pick up transfer costs, allow PPI at location of my choice and I could back out for any reason, I said yes to color and price. No deposit required.

Long story short - car arrived 3 days later, I had PPI done and asked for CPO. (Ultimately ended up paying $2,200 for it/peace of mind but got 2 rear tires + 4 year service done.)

HFS helped me a lot by providing pricing data sufficient so that when I saw price for my gently used C4S, with leather, PDK, SC, PDCC, glass roof and Aqua Blue, I did not hesitate. [ I]Carpe Diem[/I] HFS'ers! Thanks to all.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:36 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by OBX
OK - long time, first time. Outed by @Hurricane, so got to say hello, but most of all thanks to @STG for moderating and to all the regular contributors.

Just a brief intro - started reading from post #1 back in the Fall of '16 and followed regularly. Owned Macan S and did AX and DE with PCA Potomac and was looking for a gently used 991. After signing up for first DE this season, I got an email that said no more SUVs at DE. That hastened my search, and I used every search available to anyone with an internet connection: Porsche Locator, major dealer web sites (Penske, Sonic, etc.), cars.com, carmax, autotrader, HFS - if it had a web page I was looking at it.

On Sonic site one night and Momentum Porsche had just listed a 2013 Aqua Blue metallic, C4S with 15,260 miles on it and warranty set to expire in less than 30 days. No pixs, just VIN (WP0AB2A93DS122434) and price ($79,980). Next day I went to Rockville Porsche, a Sonic dealer, where I bought Macan (and had it routinely serviced). From previous discussions with my SA I knew dealers in same family routinely moved cars around for customers. I asked if he could "help me" on this car. Spent about 90 minutes going over car and it's history from dealer database, transfer, etc. They would gladly ship car up to Maryland (covered carrier) provided color and price were acceptable. After confirming they would pick up transfer costs, allow PPI at location of my choice and I could back out for any reason, I said yes to color and price. No deposit required.

Long story short - car arrived 3 days later, I had PPI done and asked for CPO. (Ultimately ended up paying $2,200 for it/peace of mind but got 2 rear tires + 4 year service done.)

HFS helped me a lot by providing pricing data sufficient so that when I saw price for my gently used C4S, with leather, PDK, SC, PDCC, glass roof and Aqua Blue, I did not hesitate. [ I]Carpe Diem[/I] HFS'ers! Thanks to all.
Great meeting you and a great build on your car! You did very well! Beautiful car. Love that color and the interior was gorgeous, too!

Great meeting you at AX yesterday, too - good that you missed the rain we had in the afternoon runs. It make my last two runs rather entertaining LOL.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:26 PM
STG
Race Director

Pictures!!!

Thanks for the post OBX and congrats on the purchase. A long time to come out of lurking and finally post!!

Where are all you other guys?? Lurkers step forward before Hurricane finds you.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:35 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
This one is HOTT too!

Someone BUY IT! I'd buy this in a minute if I as shopping for one.

Hope this becomes a HFS ALUMNI 991.1

https://hendrick.porschedealer.com/i...+White+1238101

Attachment 1170726Attachment 1170727Attachment 1170729Attachment 1170728Attachment 1170731

Attachment 1170730

WP0AB2A90DS122763
I've seen this one in person. No dings but plan on an extensive paint correction. Unfortunately this is the case with many of the cars here... no big deal but likely 1500 in paint correction to be perfect with all the swirls.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:51 PM
grego119
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beaverlake
Call and ask for Scott Py - straight shooter and he will work pricing with you. Tell him Gordon from Seattle sent you. We purchased two cars remotely and a friend purchased one. Here is the Porsche-format web URL.
https://rancho-mirage.porschedealer....tallic+1229715

GORDON
Thanks Gordon, much appreciated.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:23 AM
Txtonyo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile Congrats on purchase as this was almost mine

Originally Posted by OBX

I caught this car the day it was traded into the dealership. As I was not quite up to speed on the market (via this thread) and had just been there to try some base .1 models, the salesperson said this car just arrived earlier that day as a trade on a Turbo I believe. Drove it and thought it was a huge step from the base models. As a current owner of an Audi S5 V8 and an R8 V10 manual (in Sepang Blue which is not too far off of the Aqua Blue), the extra power of the S was noticeable.

In any event, I had a work trip to Geneva coming up and went back by the dealer a day before I left and spoke to the mechanic while it was on the lift and it looked fantastic. Had ignored all the signs of greatness - one local owner, a PCA sticker, excellent shape, etc.

While on my trip, I communicated with the sales manager and was ready to put a deposit down to hold until I returned. I decided to wait until I returned to Houston and skipped the deposit. When I got back to town I then saw it had been transferred to the MD dealer through your arrangement and concluded it was not meant to be.

You did get a wonderful example and I made out myself as the dealer notified me in advance of a super low mileage lease return (mentioned earlier in this thread) upon which I secured a deposit immediately and was able to purchase and am happily driving it daily.

Glad it worked out for both of us !
Old 05-30-2017, 08:41 AM
STG
Race Director

Wow. Amazing how these stories all come together here with all the HFS followers we have.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Wow. Amazing how these stories all come together here with all the HFS followers we have.
New lurker here, still searching for my next bride. I want to thank each and every one of you matchmakers in advance!
Old 05-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Txtonyo
I caught this car the day it was traded into the dealership. As I was not quite up to speed on the market (via this thread) and had just been there to try some base .1 models, the salesperson said this car just arrived earlier that day as a trade on a Turbo I believe. Drove it and thought it was a huge step from the base models. As a current owner of an Audi S5 V8 and an R8 V10 manual (in Sepang Blue which is not too far off of the Aqua Blue), the extra power of the S was noticeable.

In any event, I had a work trip to Geneva coming up and went back by the dealer a day before I left and spoke to the mechanic while it was on the lift and it looked fantastic. Had ignored all the signs of greatness - one local owner, a PCA sticker, excellent shape, etc.

While on my trip, I communicated with the sales manager and was ready to put a deposit down to hold until I returned. I decided to wait until I returned to Houston and skipped the deposit. When I got back to town I then saw it had been transferred to the MD dealer through your arrangement and concluded it was not meant to be.

You did get a wonderful example and I made out myself as the dealer notified me in advance of a super low mileage lease return (mentioned earlier in this thread) upon which I secured a deposit immediately and was able to purchase and am happily driving it daily.

Glad it worked out for both of us !
I also inquired about the car the day it was traded in and saw it in person 2-3 days later. Awesome color combo. Here are the pics:
Old 05-30-2017, 01:48 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334
New lurker here, still searching for my next bride. I want to thank each and every one of you matchmakers in advance!

Thanks for the post and hope you find something to your liking soon.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I've seen this one in person. No dings but plan on an extensive paint correction. Unfortunately this is the case with many of the cars here... no big deal but likely 1500 in paint correction to be perfect with all the swirls.
STG is the authority here, but I don't think the price is that great. Its an incredible build at a decent price in this market. It has the premium for low mileage and awesome build somewhat factored into it. We have seen high $120k builds 2012.5 with low mileage go for low 70s. Aqua blue one above has similar msrp and only slightly more miles, but was a few thousand lower. Another $3k off listed price and negotiate down another $2k and this is HOT for sure. Having said that, these sort of builds don't come around often and if this is what you want, you have to jump, and in that way, its HFS. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Listed price down $1k today ($88k to $87k).

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991