Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 694 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan
Color me confused. If your 2012.5 MSRP was $122k and your 2013 had "$50k more in options".. exactly what options do you have on your '13 CS2 to make it cost $172k? I didnt think an S car could spec'd that high. Figured they topped out around $150k. Off the top of my head Im guessing Powerkit & Burmester?
I have never seen a more loaded S, period. I have seen one or two 4S's with higher original MSRPs but never an S.

Here's the story from the selling dealer: They had a customer order one like this and the dealership liked the build so much that they ordered four more identical to that one (with one exception - one of the four had yellow stitching). They sold all of them locally - mine was one of the four that the dealer ordered. The original owner traded it in late last summer on a '16 GT3. Now, why on earth would someone load up a 991S deep into 911 Turbo pricing? In '13, the 991 Turbo was a year away and the GTS wasn't out yet, either so if you wanted the hottest new 991, this was the ticket.

Here's a cleaner version than the COA:

Old 02-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by TerryC4S
Wow! It would be easier to list the options not on the car. What a great build.
Thanks! I think the only other way the original owner could have pumped it up even further was with PTS or some custom leather/stitching. Crazy build.

It is missing two things that my previous 991S had, though - folding side mirrors and front/rear parking sensors. I think that I can live without those, though...

Funny thing, I wasn't really looking to get another 991S so quickly. I was looking around at '14 CPO 991 Turbo S's, watching their prices dropping slowly, and hunting for a Sapphire Blue one (very, very, very hard to find, although not impossible), with the eye of possibly trying to get one in another year or two. I was particularly intrigued by one specific option that I really wanted in my next 911 but was very hard to find on CPO 991.1's, especially S or 4S's.

So I came across this particular 991S on this thread that had that special and rare option that I wanted and it caught my eye. Then I started looking closer at the build sheet...never really thought about getting PCCB's. PowerKit, well that would be nice to have, too. Burmester, hmmm, would be a nice upgrade over my Bose. Full leather? Carbon fiber? AEROKIT CUP SPOILER (love this one!). So I thought, this is a very special car. Let me take a shot at getting it.

The rest of the story I put in another thread but needless to say, I am very happy that I found this one. It's a keeper!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Thanks! I think the only other way the original owner could have pumped it up even further was with PTS or some custom leather/stitching. Crazy build.... The rest of the story I put in another thread but needless to say, I am very happy that I found this one. It's a keeper!
Definitely a keeper, beautiful car!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Definitely a keeper, beautiful car!
Thanks! I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't for this thread!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:49 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Re: CPO and non-Porsche dealers.

Is it possible that there is a mixup here, in that third-party dealers (obviously) cannot give refreshed CPO with 2 new years, but that if the car is still inside a previous (porsche dealer's) CPO then it is not invalidated?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:00 PM
SaGa1113
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just listed but no pics or price!

2013 C2S Cab, PTS

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4706/overview/

Old 02-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by teambell
991DOT1

all day!
DOT
Old 02-01-2017, 01:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by squid42
Re: CPO and non-Porsche dealers.

Is it possible that there is a mixup here, in that third-party dealers (obviously) cannot give refreshed CPO with 2 new years, but that if the car is still inside a previous (porsche dealer's) CPO then it is not invalidated?
Here's what I KNOW!! From a dealer. Just asked again today!

Whenever a new car comes into a dealer, and the owners name DOESN'T match what's in the Porsche system, dealers are supposed to run a CarFax.

If anything shows the car was in a non Porsche dealer inventory, they're supposed to FLAG it.

Do some of these get though? Sure. If a MAJOR warranty issue arises, is there a chance the car history will be further looked into? You can probably bet on it.

If a CPO car passes through a non Porsche dealer, technically the CPO is voided.

It does pass on with private owner sales though.

Same thing I've said in the past and have shared on here.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by SaGa1113
Just listed but no pics or price!

2013 C2S Cab, PTS

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4706/overview/

http://www.mercedesbenzofchandler.co...-16037308.html

PTS brown of some sort, brown top, espresso interior....a chocolate lover's delight!

Old 02-01-2017, 01:29 PM
SaGa1113
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the due diligence!
Old 02-01-2017, 01:29 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG
Here's what I KNOW!! From a dealer. Just asked again today!

Whenever a new car comes into a dealer, and the owners name DOESN'T match what's in the Porsche system, dealers are supposed to run a CarFax.

If anything shows the car was in a non Porsche dealer inventory, they're supposed to FLAG it.

Do some of these get though? Sure. If a MAJOR warranty issue arises, is there a chance the car history will be further looked into? You can probably bet on it.

If a CPO car passes through a non Porsche dealer, technically the CPO is voided.

It does pass on with private owner sales though.

Same thing I've said in the past and have shared on here.
Yes, I am curious about the "flag". It could still mean a variety of things short of instant, unconditional invalidation of warranty.

To give an example, the car could have a history that it was sold by a non-Porsche dealer, but all service records are from an actual Porsche dealer, possibly including the selling dealer driving the car over. That could mean that the "flag" invalidates CPO when other repairs were performed while a different dealer got the profits from a sale.

I did not see the specific wording of the warranty voiding. Which might not be public.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:30 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
http://www.mercedesbenzofchandler.co...-16037308.html

PTS brown of some sort, brown top, espresso interior....a chocolate lover's delight!
Sure looks like Macadamia to me, but build shows PTS... Was Macadamia a standard color in 2013?

First picture is 'PTS' car for sale. Second and third pictures are known Macadamia, obviously a 997.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:33 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Do we know whether "A Penske Dealership" has any benefit to us? Is the national Penske organization something that you can use to exercise pressure on a local dealer in case of trouble?

I am not sure I approve of this specific use of PTS. At least it doesn't have the two-tone interior with two shades of brown. I love Porsche's two-tone interiors, but I often perceive mixing different browns as color clashing.
[ETA: what it's Macadamia? Cool. That is a great color]

BTW, how come we practically never see the Interior Color to Sample? It was available for a while, wasn't it?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:43 PM
red67vert
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

When carmax says "No Haggle price" is that true? Or can you still make offer?
Is it possible to get a lower price? Any experience?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:50 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by red67vert
When carmax says "No Haggle price" is that true? Or can you still make offer?
Is it possible to get a lower price? Any experience?
In my experience, at Carmax they really don't even have a mechanism to put in an offer other than asking... Truly no haggle. They will occasionally change a price of a vehicle on their own after it's been in their system long enough.

Different from many other "one price" dealerships which pretend they won't negotiate, the salespeople will say it's no haggle, but there is often still a used car sales manager that will in fact haggle..

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991