Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 10:36 PM
davearm
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a quick Vroom appraisal after posting the question, and they actually added $1500 value for the PDK, so obviously their algorithm isn't current or close to being valid currently.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:38 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,065 Likes on 977 Posts

Originally Posted by 996scott
this one seems way under priced considering all the options. $136,500 MSRP

​​​​​​https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=320696253

Agreed, priced really well for the market, clean history and a Manual

Dont know what is going on with the brakes, size seems same as steel but Yellow calipers and rotors have carbon ceramic look

Old 01-26-2022, 08:44 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,065 Likes on 977 Posts

An odd question about Monroney Windows stickers so I will ask here...

My current car is a 2015 991.1 C2 GTS PDK.. My original Monroney Sticker says base price $114,200

My new-to-me (Inbound) 2016 991.1 C2 GTS Manual's Monroney sticker (not original but from "monroneylabels.com") says a Base price of $109,425. All options and final MSRP matches Vin analytics.

Was there a price reduction between 2015-2016?
Was base price different between PDK and Manual cars? (my PDK GTS starts $4775 higher and then has an additional $4840 added for PDK)

I am lost...
Old 01-26-2022, 08:58 AM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Agreed, priced really well for the market, clean history and a Manual

Dont know what is going on with the brakes, size seems same as steel but Yellow calipers and rotors have carbon ceramic look

I don't believe those are PCCB rotors. Also its PDK, not MT.

Last edited by mic_crispy; 01-26-2022 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:16 AM
rpetty3
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello all! Been on HFS sale for longer than I can remember. Great information and humor at times you may need it but a knowledgeable group. Ok here goes

We sold (were asked by the dealer) to sell our GT4 and Macan GTS in early 2021. Both were low mile and pampered. We agreed and they picked them up and sold them quickly. We have a GT4RS on order but we all know that will be late year. We just miss having a car to enjoy in these East TN, GA and NC Mountains. I never knew it would take this long but none of us could have known. Weird times. I like all of you look around the internet if not every day every few days. A few weeks ago I found a car that checks a lot of boxes. I have done a lot and I mean a lot of research even talking to previous owners and original selling dealers. Learned that Carfax can be a guide but not 100% accurate as far as owner history but its a 3 owner car.

We have signed the paperwork and literally are down to pushing the button to wire today (tomorrow/working on transport) but I wanted to push this out on HFS to get a quick check. I can get it delivered to our dealer and was approved for extended warranty for 2 years. Has had PPF since day 1 and I'll get it removed paint correct and re wrap car etc. All majors up to date, new tires.

At 84k what do you all see? I (we) know the market is high and retail on a 992 C2S is a lot higher as well. At 16,000 miles seems like we could enjoy it for many years to come?

Last edited by rpetty3; 01-26-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:29 AM
Txtonyo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

@rpetty3 I would not look at anything nor buy anything from RAC Performance which appears to be where that car is listed.

See my comments here on this same thread, post #19953:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8636...l#post17444626

I do not find their business practices to be solid and would absolutely avoid them but certainly up you. Although nothing illegal, they lied about their intentions which gives them zero credibility.

Last edited by Txtonyo; 01-26-2022 at 10:30 AM. Reason: redo username reference
The following users liked this post:
Class5Kayaker (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 10:33 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice car, great options and miles but in my opinion about a 8-10k premium. I know the market is insane but gees, how many people are not buying this brand because of the inflated pricing. My advice is if you want it, buy it. Nothing better than a 911 to travel the awesome roads in western NC and Tn. Congrats!
Old 01-26-2022, 10:40 AM
rpetty3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Nice car, great options and miles but in my opinion about a 8-10k premium. I know the market is insane but gees, how many people are not buying this brand because of the inflated pricing. My advice is if you want it, buy it. Nothing better than a 911 to travel the awesome roads in western NC and Tn. Congrats!
My thought exactly. I asked what would this car have sold for in June of 2019? Most people (all very experienced buyers/sellers) said $75-$77.5 until summer to fall of 2020 then it went to 80 then 82.5 so good assessment.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:44 AM
rpetty3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Txtonyo
@rpetty3 I would not look at anything nor buy anything from RAC Performance which appears to be where that car is listed.

I do not find their business practices to be solid and would absolutely avoid them but certainly up you. Although nothing illegal, they lied about their intentions which gives them zero credibility.
Interesting and Thanks for sharing. At quick glance looks like everything traditional of the times. Like real estate your viewing a property and 5 people outside to buy and what happens? The real estate person has an investor and they buy the property and flip it. Unetical? Not really but I can see how it can be viewed that way?

Are the cars they are selling...shady? Or simply how they are obtaining them the question?
Txtonyo (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 10:47 AM
Txtonyo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rpetty3
Interesting and Thanks for sharing. At quick glance looks like everything traditional of the times. Like real estate your viewing a property and 5 people outside to buy and what happens? The real estate person has an investor and they buy the property and flip it. Unetical? Not really but I can see how it can be viewed that way?

Are the cars they are selling...shady? Or simply how they are obtaining them the question?
Exactly, not sure. I was not in a terrible rush and could have held out. If I had to do it all over again, I would have canceled the transaction with RAC Performance and told them to pound sand. The last kicker was when it was picked up by an unenclosed trailer and taken away - that was a sad sight but deal was done.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:36 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 416 Likes on 219 Posts

Interesting. RAC Performance bought my 997 C4S with 6k miles and told me it was for the owner's personal use/collection. A week later it was up for sale for $10k more than they paid me for it. I don't really care since itw as an easy transaction and they can do whatever they want once it's in their possession, but it's odd that this seems to be a recurring theme with them. Why not just tell me they're going to resell it? They're a dealer, it's what I would have expected had they made me the exact same offer anyway.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:12 PM
Txtonyo
Intermediate

Default Same formula Same result

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Interesting. RAC Performance bought my 997 C4S with 6k miles and told me it was for the owner's personal use/collection. A week later it was up for sale for $10k more than they paid me for it. I don't really care since itw as an easy transaction and they can do whatever they want once it's in their possession, but it's odd that this seems to be a recurring theme with them. Why not just tell me they're going to resell it? They're a dealer, it's what I would have expected had they made me the exact same offer anyway.
Won't rehash what I wrote, but you've experienced the same result I did as have others.

Since there is another thread for these situations and this place, I do not want to derail this one. However, RAC Performance, in my opinion has little room to defend itself when this has occurred repeatedly. In fact, they tried to conjure up some poor excuses here in response to my calling them out:
https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The point is, some are fine with this, just like trading in a car. However, to promote yourself as a collector or with some interest in the actual unit you are buying and then turn around and do something completely different in a short amount of time clearly demonstrates you are lying. Period.

noahabel (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 02:26 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 416 Likes on 219 Posts

Won't rehash what I wrote, but you've experienced the same result I did as have others.

Since there is another thread for these situations and this place, I do not want to derail this one. However, RAC Performance, in my opinion has little room to defend itself when this has occurred repeatedly. In fact, they tried to conjure up some poor excuses here in response to my calling them out:
https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The point is, some are fine with this, just like trading in a car. However, to promote yourself as a collector or with some interest in the actual unit you are buying and then turn around and do something completely different in a short amount of time clearly demonstrates you are lying. Period.
I agree, very odd. Sounds a little fishy/legal grey area, there must be a reason they are doing it. Not my problem so I don't really care, but it would definitely make me question buying anything from them. From a selling perspective it was the easiest transaction I've done. They asked for some documents, wired the money same day, picked up the car a day later.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:52 PM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
How much did they want for the c2s MT?
From what I'm seeing, a decent 991.1 C2S MT is around 100, and a GT3 MT is 190+?
I probably should have worded that differently.
what I mean is that I don’t feel that their car is worth 33k more than my car. I’ve made my offer (27 difference) and I doubt they’ll accept it.

They are asking $99.5 for the car, which seems high given the car has so few options, but in this market someone will probably scoop it up.

My comment about the GT3 was based on a similar year (2014ish), not a newer manual trans.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:35 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 854 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
I don't believe those are PCCB rotors. Also its PDK, not MT.
from spec sheet it says pccb. and .1's pccb is smaller then .2 size wise

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991