Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 01:05 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Mike, is the GM you are friends with Shawn Evans, now at Stevinson Porsche? If so, I met him at a PCA event several weeks ago, he seemed like a super nice guy. They sponsored the PCA event and had a new 992 for an unveil. Stevinson is my local dealer and I use them on occasion if I need dealer-only service. Small world...

As a follow up, I sent a short email to the new GM, and he was very responsive. He put me in touch with the new sales manager, who was also very responsive. Both have been there only a few weeks, but they did seem concerned about how things were being handled and wanted to try to improve the situation.

I might be quick to complain when I think I've had a bad customer service experience, but I also want to be fair and report back if efforts are made to fix a situation.
Yep, Shawn. A great guy. He sponsored and attended many events in our region. Tell Shawn hello for me if you see him again. Glad to hear the new GM took your comments seriously.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:44 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Yep, Shawn. A great guy. He sponsored and attended many events in our region. Tell Shawn hello for me if you see him again.
Will do! Small world...
Old 09-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 427 Likes on 306 Posts
Default they are not very good at all

And probably dont even mind. I have had an extensive view from the inside (representing a lidar company). You drive a 911 they will treat you with the respect given to someone who can afford a good attorney as long as you are polite.

Originally Posted by grendelrt
Yeah I thought about it, my worry is that they could try confiscate it then make you have the removal done. Not sure what the extent of what they are allowed to do. I do not even know where the thing is even installed since none of it is visible. Also not sure how good they are at detecting them.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:24 PM
MTCruise
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. First time poster here so I apologize if this isn't the right spot, but it didn't seem appropriate to make a new thread just for this.

I'm in the market for my first porsche. Looking for a daily driver, MT with a few creature comforts that I can keep for a very long time. I found this on the CPO locator which seems to have the options I'm looking for, but it's a few states away so I can't just go look at it. It's priced relatively low, and my guess as to why is due to the autocheck which reports "minor to moderate damage" from a front end collision. I've never owned a Porsche though so I'm not sure how concerned I should be about buying with any prior damage. It did say "airbag not deployed" so my hope is that it wasn't too serious of a collision, Also, is this a fair price? I'm not in any kind of rush to buy, but 991.2's in a MT with the options I want are hard to find.

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...Black+25984295

ps. let me know if I should have posted this elsewhere.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:31 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

This thread is generally for posting deals, or what people think are deals so I guess it is ok here! Personally I would have started a new thread but then again I have been around for a little while! Nevertheless, right off the top of my head I think you should keep looking, especially for your first one, especially since it is not that close and you are not in a rush.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
MOWE (09-22-2019), MTCruise (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 12:19 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MTCruise
Hi all. First time poster here so I apologize if this isn't the right spot, but it didn't seem appropriate to make a new thread just for this.

I'm in the market for my first porsche. Looking for a daily driver, MT with a few creature comforts that I can keep for a very long time. I found this on the CPO locator which seems to have the options I'm looking for, but it's a few states away so I can't just go look at it. It's priced relatively low, and my guess as to why is due to the autocheck which reports "minor to moderate damage" from a front end collision. I've never owned a Porsche though so I'm not sure how concerned I should be about buying with any prior damage. It did say "airbag not deployed" so my hope is that it wasn't too serious of a collision, Also, is this a fair price? I'm not in any kind of rush to buy, but 991.2's in a MT with the options I want are hard to find.

This is a fine place to ask. Welcome!

I would pass on any 911 with an accident. This car is only $25K off MSRP and I'd want a bigger discount with an accident. A Carfax ding is like a $10K value hit.

The Carfax link wasn't working off the listing either. Was trying to get the full VIN# to post.

Nice how Porsche now hides the whole VIN#
The following users liked this post:
MTCruise (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

I would pass on any 911 with an accident. This car is only $25K off MSRP and I'd want a bigger discount with an accident. A Carfax ding is like a $10K value hit.

The Carfax link wasn't working off the listing either. Was trying to get the full VIN# to post.

This looks like it here https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A93HS106727/

The car doesn't show up on the dealership website. The national site doesn't seem to be updated very often.
MTCruise (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 12:44 AM
MTCruise
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for the feedback! My max budget is around $80k, and so I got excited when I found one in a MT with most of the options I would want on the car while also being within my budget. Guess I'll keep looking. This is a great thread btw!
Old 09-23-2019, 01:21 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

I agree. Fair or not, carfax hits are big. We are a picky bunch!
MTCruise (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 01:24 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

Thank you guys for the feedback! My max budget is around $80k, and so I got excited when I found one in a MT with most of the options I would want on the car while also being within my budget. Guess I'll keep looking. This is a great thread btw!
80k is about right for an optioned 2017 base w/ 10~15K miles, you'll find something, be patient
MTCruise (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 07:27 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Is it listed as “damage reported” or “accident” because the two are technically different on Carfax and the like. I’d ask to see what the damage was and if there are any pictures. If it was as simple as a minor bumper warp that needed to be replaced as opposed to body damage that needed to be repaired, I wouldn’t worry about it, especially if it gets you the car at a relatively bargain rate.
MTCruise (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 09:49 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Is it listed as “damage reported” or “accident” because the two are technically different on Carfax and the like. I’d ask to see what the damage was and if there are any pictures. If it was as simple as a minor bumper warp that needed to be replaced as opposed to body damage that needed to be repaired, I wouldn’t worry about it, especially if it gets you the car at a relatively bargain rate.

Unfortunately it's not a bargain asking price.
MTCruise (09-23-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 11:59 AM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Not sure where you got that from, but MMR wholesale for a 2017 Carrera Coupe with ~22k miles is not $77K.

Current MMR for a base coupe 2017 991.2 with ~22K is $66K. Maybe you looked up at Cab instead?

But that's wholesale, and a late model 911 that being run through Manheim might not be the one you want to buy....

You are correct, my apologies. I was trying to do this on my phone and pulled cab instead. Interesting that for now cabs have a premium. Big difference!
Old 09-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Mojo.K
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Truble10
You are correct, my apologies. I was trying to do this on my phone and pulled cab instead. Interesting that for now cabs have a premium. Big difference!
The base configuration MMR price is dragged down by many rental 911 that get sold on manhiem. On any given week, there is at least 5-10 911 (usually always base config) being sold there that were used for rental fleets. In fact the MMR right now jumped to $69K. Switch to an S and it jumps to $82K (for 20K miles).
Old 09-27-2019, 08:43 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

Not HFS, but an unusual car for sale in my area. I quite like the color combo with those wheels.

2015 Targa, 4S, MT. Gold colour!
WP0BB2A90FS133186
MSRP: $146K
ASking: $110K (so not HFS)
17K miles

https://www.ebautobrokers.com/detail...0fs133186.html

shammerman (09-28-2019)

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991