Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 04:36 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 152 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
What octane do you think you guys are achieving on 93 + meth? Thought it would be more than 100 octane, no?
Hard to say exactly, but in terms of ignition timing it’s probably equivalent to what we would get by running 97. The water/meth is mainly used for additional safety margin and cooling effect at high rpm only.

Rafi

Online Store: www.RR-Racing.com
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 12-10-2020, 05:27 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

Got it. What ratio are you running at those levels-50/50?
Old 12-10-2020, 08:36 PM
fsmich
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

We have developed an oil cooler kit for that purpose which we will formally introduce in the spring, but this is something only really required for track duty, not street.

Rafi
If you can modify the oil cooler kit to fit the 991.2's, I'm placing an order!
Old 12-10-2020, 09:24 PM
97supratt
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

What’s the most power that’s possible on pump gas 91? Maybe if the injectors are upgraded.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:26 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 152 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by fsmich
If you can modify the oil cooler kit to fit the 991.2's, I'm placing an order!
Our Oil Cooler requires tapping into the plastic oil pan, which we have not tested yet but certainly open to.

Originally Posted by 97supratt
What’s the most power that’s possible on pump gas 91? Maybe if the injectors are upgraded.
91 won't impact power much, the methanol helps offset the lower octane. There are also quite a few quality octane boosters on the market i.e. VP or similar. Only really needed if you are going to push the car hard.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:17 PM
blackoutz
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Looking at possibly getting this get in the coming months. Can any current owners of this kit share a update of how they are liking it? any reliability problems? Any issues with customer service from RR Racing?

thank you
Old 01-29-2021, 10:11 AM
Tyson Becker
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Targa 4S with Power Kit

I just sent them my 2015 Targa 4S with Power Kit for the stage 2. Look forward to seeing videos of them working on it and the dyno.
The following 3 users liked this post by Tyson Becker:
AdamSanta85 (01-29-2021), rjongco (01-29-2021), RRRacing (01-30-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 12:29 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyson Becker
I just sent them my 2015 Targa 4S with Power Kit for the stage 2. Look forward to seeing videos of them working on it and the dyno.
looking forward to seeing how it turns out
Old 01-29-2021, 02:12 PM
Tempus fugit
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
Looking at possibly getting this get in the coming months. Can any current owners of this kit share a update of how they are liking it? any reliability problems? Any issues with customer service from RR Racing?

thank you
I've had mine for about 11 months and just over 5K miles and absolutely love it. Customer service has been fantastic. The extra power is incredible and yet the car is still very drivable on the street.
I wasn't very knowledgeable about methane injection before this so I didn't know what to expect with methane consumption. It turned out to be very little unless you're really hammering on the car. In normal driving I might use one tank in 3-4 months. Pushing it hard over a couple of days during a Rennsport Dragon Rally it consumed about 3/4 of a tank. I believe R&R sized the meth tank to allow you a full day at the track without having to do a refill.
Note that you might need to change or eliminate your catalytic converters (I did). Also note that the supercharger oil should be changed every 5K miles and required the rear bumper to be removed for access. Not a big deal for me but worth noting.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tempus fugit:
RRRacing (01-30-2021), Soul Performance (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 03:09 PM
TheChemist
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tempus fugit
I've had mine for about 11 months and just over 5K miles and absolutely love it. Customer service has been fantastic. The extra power is incredible and yet the car is still very drivable on the street.
I wasn't very knowledgeable about methane injection before this so I didn't know what to expect with methane consumption. It turned out to be very little unless you're really hammering on the car. In normal driving I might use one tank in 3-4 months. Pushing it hard over a couple of days during a Rennsport Dragon Rally it consumed about 3/4 of a tank. I believe R&R sized the meth tank to allow you a full day at the track without having to do a refill.
Note that you might need to change or eliminate your catalytic converters (I did). Also note that the supercharger oil should be changed every 5K miles and required the rear bumper to be removed for access. Not a big deal for me but worth noting.
I've been meaning to post a review of my car, as I also went with the RR supercharger kit and made a handful of other mods around the same time. I've had the supercharger on my 991 S for about 9 months (I was the 2nd customer after tempus fugit, and first customer with a manual transmission). Overall, same thoughts as above, the extra power is perfect and has truly transformed the car, makes for an epic combination with the manual transmission and catless Soul exhaust. Prior to the SC, I was not overly thrilled with the car and was planning on trading-in for something that was a bit more hardcore and with more power. Now, those thoughts of trading-in are gone. The power and overall level of intensity and perfect for the street, if feels like how the 991 should have come from the factory. The power delivery is still NA-like, and builds and builds with the revs, but still provides plenty of thrust at the lower RPMs, manageable level of power with the grip that these 991s have. The stage 2 kit is tempting, but I think the power now is perfect for my uses, but I'll likely go with it later this year (why not!). I haven't taken the car to the track, but I know Rafi (the developer) has many times. I'm not particularly concerned about longevity of the engine or transmission, I think the additional strain the supercharger puts on the drivetrain is modest and well within the limits, and I tend to drive responsibly.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheChemist:
RRRacing (01-30-2021), Soul Performance (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 07:27 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 463 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by TheChemist
I've been meaning to post a review of my car, as I also went with the RR supercharger kit and made a handful of other mods around the same time. I've had the supercharger on my 991 S for about 9 months (I was the 2nd customer after tempus fugit, and first customer with a manual transmission). Overall, same thoughts as above, the extra power is perfect and has truly transformed the car, makes for an epic combination with the manual transmission and catless Soul exhaust. Prior to the SC, I was not overly thrilled with the car and was planning on trading-in for something that was a bit more hardcore and with more power. Now, those thoughts of trading-in are gone. The power and overall level of intensity and perfect for the street, if feels like how the 991 should have come from the factory. The power delivery is still NA-like, and builds and builds with the revs, but still provides plenty of thrust at the lower RPMs, manageable level of power with the grip that these 991s have. The stage 2 kit is tempting, but I think the power now is perfect for my uses, but I'll likely go with it later this year (why not!). I haven't taken the car to the track, but I know Rafi (the developer) has many times. I'm not particularly concerned about longevity of the engine or transmission, I think the additional strain the supercharger puts on the drivetrain is modest and well within the limits, and I tend to drive responsibly.
Nice to hear these reviews. I am contemplating going this route down the road. I currently have a 997 and love the look of the 991.1. I don't like the 991.2 nor 992 and this is a great alternative. Where in Jersey are you, perhaps a test drive or if you are looking to sell could be mutually beneficial.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:37 PM
TheChemist
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sporty
Nice to hear these reviews. I am contemplating going this route down the road. I currently have a 997 and love the look of the 991.1. I don't like the 991.2 nor 992 and this is a great alternative. Where in Jersey are you, perhaps a test drive or if you are looking to sell could be mutually beneficial.
Let's discuss post pandemic
Old 01-30-2021, 01:52 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,491 Likes on 799 Posts

lol
Old 01-30-2021, 06:43 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 463 Likes on 295 Posts

Sure, PM me whenever, before after whatever, you are comfortable with. I like the 991 in white also.

Last edited by Sporty; 01-30-2021 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added
Old 01-30-2021, 10:13 PM
TheChemist
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sporty
Sure, PM me whenever, before after whatever, you are comfortable with. I like the 991 in white also.
Sounds good

Quick Reply: Worlds First Supercharged 991.1!!!