Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 07:43 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Thank you for the prompt response. Hypothetically speaking, if a 3.4 would make it to 200,000 NA, what % reduction in longevity could running a supercharger cause? I’m new to the forced induction world, and while your solution seems to be very cognizant of keeping reliability a priority, I’m sure that there has to be some effect somewhere, and while difficult to quantify, would like a rough idea.

I am considering this as it would get me to GT power levels in a far more economical manner.

In the same vein, can you comment on the driving dynamics similarities / differences in a stock GT3 compared with a RR equipped carrera? I personally have a 3.4 but plan to track and don’t want TOO much power as I enjoy ringing the car out and will look to enjoy some canyon driving as well.

Another question I have in mind is if this is reversible, as I assume pulling off and selling the supercharger would be feasible due to (what I imagine) the secondary market demand your product would have.
Hard to conclusively answer your question about longevity, I can only speak to the testing we have done. Our C2S was supercharged about 25,000 miles ago and currently has 75k miles, hundreds of dyno pulls, and 14 track days. No issues with engine.

As far as the 200k mark, let’s first establish that a tracked GT3 will never make it to 200k. It’s very rare to see early 991GT3s with over 50k so I don’t think anyone will be testing the waters on that one anytime in the next 10 years!

The GT3 vs base Carrera comparison is tough, because your looking at cars with almost 3x price difference. And as far as keeping a GT car VS a Carrera for 150-200k miles, the Carrera will be MUCH cheaper to maintain, as low mile used engines are plentiful and 1/3 the price of GT engines.

BTW, GT engines have had issues, and most 991.1 have been replaced at least once. The Carrera 9A1 engine does not have any known inherent quality issues that I’m aware of, it’s probably the most reliable engine Porsche has ever made.

Rafi

Online Store: www.RR-Racing.com
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 05-12-2022, 08:16 AM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hard to conclusively answer your question about longevity, I can only speak to the testing we have done. Our C2S was supercharged about 25,000 miles ago and currently has 75k miles, hundreds of dyno pulls, and 14 track days. No issues with engine.

As far as the 200k mark, let’s first establish that a tracked GT3 will never make it to 200k. It’s very rare to see early 991GT3s with over 50k so I don’t think anyone will be testing the waters on that one anytime in the next 10 years!

The GT3 vs base Carrera comparison is tough, because your looking at cars with almost 3x price difference. And as far as keeping a GT car VS a Carrera for 150-200k miles, the Carrera will be MUCH cheaper to maintain, as low mile used engines are plentiful and 1/3 the price of GT engines.

BTW, GT engines have had issues, and most 991.1 have been replaced at least once. The Carrera 9A1 engine does not have any known inherent quality issues that I’m aware of, it’s probably the most reliable engine Porsche has ever made.

Rafi
The 3.4 is an 9A1 motor and I believe can make it to 200K. I wasn’t talking about the gt3 in that sense.

i was only interested in your opinion having driven a supercharged carrera vs a stock gt3. How does the power feel, how does the car handle with the additional power (with your new coil overs), etc. Would you say it drives more like a 911 turbo or GT car?

Also aware of the finger follower issues the .1 cars had, but it’s good to know you think so highly of the 9A1. It has been incredibly reliable for the 3+ years I’ve had it and that makes a good case for keeping this car and looking at adding additional power.

Also is this removable?
Old 05-12-2022, 09:03 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
The 3.4 is an 9A1 motor and I believe can make it to 200K. I wasn’t talking about the gt3 in that sense.

i was only interested in your opinion having driven a supercharged carrera vs a stock gt3. How does the power feel, how does the car handle with the additional power (with your new coil overs), etc. Would you say it drives more like a 911 turbo or GT car?

Also aware of the finger follower issues the .1 cars had, but it’s good to know you think so highly of the 9A1. It has been incredibly reliable for the 3+ years I’ve had it and that makes a good case for keeping this car and looking at adding additional power.

Also is this removable?

The kit is 100% bolt on, everything is removable just like removing an exhaust.

A supercharged Carrera RWD with proper handling mods drives like a GT car and weighs same as a GT car. It’s nothing like the heavy AWD Turbo cars.

Our shop C2S has no problem keeping up with and it’s actually quicker on the straights than a GT3. Check out our coil over conversion kit, it brings handling to a whole other level.

For example here are the real world 100-200kph acceleration numbers for a tuned GT3 vs supercharged C2S (of course, we can also supercharge a GT3

SC C2S = 6.4sec
tuned GT3 = 7.2sec
SC GT3 = 5.4sec

a stock Base Carrera will have 100-200kph of about 10sec. Supercharged will be in the high 6 range.

SC Carrera S

GT3

Last edited by RRRacing; 05-12-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:14 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

More track testing & constantly working on making our products better!

This session in 90deg heat features our Supercharged 76,000 mile C2S vs modded McLaren 570S:

Old 08-23-2022, 03:09 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here's a Carrera S we finished up last week. 590 wheel HP and one awesome sounding engine.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:07 PM
random911
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds amazing! Hm... 160mph on the street though judging from the reflection on the bumper and passing cars... not like I've never done that so no judging Super impressive performance, nicely done.

Do you upgrade the brake system as part of this performance upgrade on the C2S?
Old 08-23-2022, 08:09 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by random911
Sounds amazing! Hm... 160mph on the street though judging from the reflection on the bumper and passing cars... not like I've never done that so no judging Super impressive performance, nicely done.

Do you upgrade the brake system as part of this performance upgrade on the C2S?
Porsche brakes are serious overkill in street use, but we do sell Girodisc rotors that upgrade the size to 991turbo specs, so with the right pads these cars have SERIOUS stopping power, keep in mind also that a C2S is like 350lbs lighter than 991 turbo.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:47 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 997 Likes on 591 Posts

Porsche brakes are serious overkill in street use, but we do sell Girodisc rotors that upgrade the size to 991turbo specs, so with the right pads these cars have SERIOUS stopping power, keep in mind also that a C2S is like 350lbs lighter than 991 turbo.
Are adapters needed to support the larger rotor?

In Stock Form the 991.1's seemed over tired and over braked given the HP and weight, especially for the street. At least compared to BMW's I have owned.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:56 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joec500
Are adapters needed to support the larger rotor?

In Stock Form the 991.1's seemed over tired and over braked given the HP and weight, especially for the street. At least compared to BMW's I have owned.
Yes, we provide the adapters.

Rafi
Old 08-24-2022, 11:55 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

Yes, we provide the adapters.

Rafi
I have this Girodisc kit (all 4 corners) and it works great on my 991 C2S. I purchased from RR, they have very competitive pricing on these! I think this is a must upgrade for anyone who plans to track their car, the Giros are larger yet lighter than stock. They perform better and last longer than drilled stock rotors.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:10 PM
BlueShell
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by olegd
I have this Girodisc kit (all 4 corners) and it works great on my 991 C2S. I purchased from RR, they have very competitive pricing on these! I think this is a must upgrade for anyone who plans to track their car, the Giros are larger yet lighter than stock. They perform better and last longer than drilled stock rotors.
What’s the cost of the adapters?

Is this it? https://www.rr-racing.com/Front-two-...1-p/a1-122.htm
Old 09-26-2022, 11:53 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueShell
What’s the cost of the adapters?

Is this it? https://www.rr-racing.com/Front-two-...1-p/a1-122.htm
The adapters (which are simply thick washers and longer caliper bolts) are included with the rotors. That’s the correct link.

Quick Reply: Worlds First Supercharged 991.1!!!