Worlds First Supercharged 991.1!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 03:06 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 74 Posts

For a limited time, you can save $1000 off an RR Racing Supercharger package for your 991.1 Porsche.

✔ Bolt on 200+ RWHP
✔ Improve straight line and track performance
✔ Fully reversible at any time
✔ Available for Carerra, S, GTS, GT3, GT3RS

📲 PM us for a quote

-Justin
RR Sales

Online Store: www.RR-Racing.com
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 03-09-2022, 12:34 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Adding a little horsepower to this meticulous Carrera S today. Dyno video in a couple of weeks.

The following users liked this post:
razarch991 (04-20-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 04:56 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 598 Posts

I go back and forth on this everytime I see a new post. I finally have every supporting mod for this supercharger (3rd Radiator, Headers, Exhaust, and even your tuner which will arrive Friday). Can't wait to see those dyno Vids.

I assume if we already have the 3rd radiator and Tuner, the price is a little lower?

Last edited by Joec500; 03-09-2022 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:50 PM
Tempus fugit
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
I can say my interaction with RR racing recently has been spot on and very clear. I am still on the fence on building the engine or putting there super charger on but there correspondence with me has been great thus far. I hope to make a decision by the end of the year.
Your experience exactly mirrors my interaction with RR Racing. I've put 8K+ miles on my C4S since getting it supercharged by RR Racing. Best mod for the money in my book.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:15 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tempus fugit
Your experience exactly mirrors my interaction with RR Racing. I've put 8K+ miles on my C4S since getting it supercharged by RR Racing. Best mod for the money in my book.
So glad to hear. Thank you for the positive feedback. If you ever have any Action videos of your car we're always looking to share them.

-Justin
Old 03-09-2022, 08:19 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joec500
I go back and forth on this everytime I see a new post. I finally have every supporting mod for this supercharger (3rd Radiator, Headers, Exhaust, and even your tuner which will arrive Friday). Can't wait to see those dyno Vids.

I assume if we already have the 3rd radiator and Tuner, the price is a little lower?
That is correct. It's also March tax time and we are offering the kit with a $1k discount. You are welcome to call me with any specific questions pertaining to the kit. I may have spoken to you briefly about the tune purchase last week.

Thanks
-Justin
Old 04-20-2022, 05:54 PM
razarch991
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up That's My Car! :)

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Adding a little horsepower to this meticulous Carrera S today. Dyno video in a couple of weeks.

Heck ya! This is my ride right there getting some fine modifications done by the A-Team at RR-Racing Motorsports. If you have any doubts in your mind about this upgrade or the reliability of this shop, throw it out the window! Rafi and his crew are top of the line. Rafi and his engineering experience and advice are something hard to find in the Porsche world. There are a lot of shops out there, but this is the place to go if you want to take your 991 to the next level! Rafi and his team are doing their engineered Supercharger upgrade, Stage 2 tune, custom deep oil pan, installing a custom wing, and doing their RR-Racing coilovers (just released) for me on this car. They even customized the SC color to match the Porsche red accents on the car (too bad it's all hidden). I can't wait, like a kid at Christmas, to get my 991 back and drive the heck out of it. Every step of the way with this shop has been professional, timely, courteous, and on their game. Rafi spent his valuable time to work through all the details and concerns that I had in making the decision to do these additional upgrades. I had already made prior engine and exhaust mods (awesome SOUL components), but this SC package is the best of the best to max out this 991 platform. Simon in Sales took care of all the paperwork, car shipping transport, and weekly updates and photos on progress. Rafi and his team are the real deal with tested, reliable products. Porsche can't even come close with this engine platform with any accessory upgrades like their OEM Powerkit. Took me two years to decide and talking to some folks who know the RR-Racing quality to finally pull the trigger. I know I made the right decision to invest in this package. Counting the days until she's back home and I can have some real fun! Thanks to the RR-Racing Motorsports team for all the hard work, much appreciated!

Last edited by razarch991; 04-20-2022 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2022, 05:55 PM
razarch991
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the trigger Joec500. You won't be sorry!
Old 04-20-2022, 06:27 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 298 Posts

I've had the pleasure of meeting the guys at RR Racing as I live locally. It's a great shop for sure and a ton of knowledge. They put out some very radical Lexus's and the 991 is the tip of the iceberg.
If I had an NA 991, this would definitely be the upgrade I'd go for. Maybe even a low compression stroker to build some serious boost!
Old 05-09-2022, 01:14 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Starting off Monday morning with a little Carrera S takeoff. Supercharged, of course. The Soul Performance exhaust sounds fantastic as well.

Old 05-11-2022, 10:33 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here are a few minutes with Rafi, our lead engineer and product developer on some of the features that make our 991.1 supercharger kits a practical and reliable way to make a lot of horsepower.

-Justin
RR Sales

​​​​​​
Old 05-11-2022, 10:52 PM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 79 Posts

Here are a few minutes with Rafi, our lead engineer and product developer on some of the features that make our 991.1 supercharger kits a practical and reliable way to make a lot of horsepower.

-Justin
RR Sales

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDu_6Ytu3d4
Nice video. How about the effect of such high added torque and power on the stock driveline/motor? Let’s say on a 3.4L?
Old 05-11-2022, 11:26 PM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Nice video. How about the effect of such high added torque and power on the stock driveline/motor? Let’s say on a 3.4L?

Im assuming you mean on the transmission. This is why we developed and thoroughly tested our PDK tune. Manual trans cars require upgraded clutch.

As far as engines go the 3.4 and 3.8 are equally strong. Because this is a centrifugal supercharger the increase in torque is moderate, to get the peak performance out of this you need to to rev it to redline.

Rafi
Old 05-11-2022, 11:49 PM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 79 Posts

Im assuming you mean on the transmission. This is why we developed and thoroughly tested our PDK tune. Manual trans cars require upgraded clutch.

As far as engines go the 3.4 and 3.8 are equally strong. Because this is a centrifugal supercharger the increase in torque is moderate, to get the peak performance out of this you need to to rev it to redline.

Rafi
Thank you for the prompt response. Hypothetically speaking, if a 3.4 would make it to 200,000 NA, what % reduction in longevity could running a supercharger cause? I’m new to the forced induction world, and while your solution seems to be very cognizant of keeping reliability a priority, I’m sure that there has to be some effect somewhere, and while difficult to quantify, would like a rough idea.

I am considering this as it would get me to GT power levels in a far more economical manner.

In the same vein, can you comment on the driving dynamics similarities / differences in a stock GT3 compared with a RR equipped carrera? I personally have a 3.4 but plan to track and don’t want TOO much power as I enjoy ringing the car out and will look to enjoy some canyon driving as well.

Another question I have in mind is if this is reversible, as I assume pulling off and selling the supercharger would be feasible due to (what I imagine) the secondary market demand your product would have.

Last edited by PatrickBateman; 05-12-2022 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:17 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Thank you for the prompt response. Hypothetically speaking, if a 3.4 would make it to 200,000 NA, what % reduction in longevity could running a supercharger cause? I’m new to the forced induction world, and while your solution seems to be very cognizant of keeping reliability a priority, I’m sure that there has to be some effect somewhere, and while difficult to quantify, would like a rough idea.

I am considering this as it would get me to GT power levels in a far more economical manner.

In the same vein, can you comment on the driving dynamics similarities / differences in a stock GT3 compared with a RR equipped carrera? I personally have a 3.4 but plan to track and don’t want TOO much power as I enjoy ringing the car out and will look to enjoy some canyon driving as well.

Another question I have in mind is if this is reversible, as I assume pulling off and selling the supercharger would be feasible due to (what I imagine) the secondary market demand your product would have.
Hard to conclusively answer your question about longevity, I can only speak to the testing we have done. Our C2S was supercharged about 25,000 miles ago and currently has 75k miles, hundreds of dyno pulls, and 14 track days. No issues with engine.

As far as the 200k mark, let’s first establish that a tracked GT3 will never make it to 200k. It’s very rare to see early 991GT3s with over 50k so I don’t think anyone will be testing the waters on that one anytime in the next 10 years!

The GT3 vs base Carrera comparison is tough, because your looking at cars with almost 3x price difference. And as far as keeping a GT car VS a Carrera for 150-200k miles, the Carrera will be MUCH cheaper to maintain, as low mile used engines are plentiful and 1/3 the price of GT engines.

BTW, GT engines have had issues, and most 991.1 have been replaced at least once. The Carrera 9A1 engine does not have any known inherent quality issues that I’m aware of, it’s probably the most reliable engine Porsche has ever made.

Rafi

Quick Reply: Worlds First Supercharged 991.1!!!