Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 10:04 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

You paid good money for your car so bug the heck out of your SA, who other than other SAs or managers is the only one to get your updates. My SA will get back to me very quickly with updates when I ask, or for any other question I have.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:31 AM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Mine will go to the Houston port. Well ahead of schedule, should have it by the 31st - can't wait!
Old 08-15-2018, 12:22 PM
Mickey D
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFLT6

Mine will go to the Houston port. Well ahead of schedule, should have it by the 31st - can't wait!
Thats awesome man, congrats!!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:47 PM
medias116
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Confirmed delivery date for Oct 3!! YAAAAAAASSSSS!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:24 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you’ve got your answer finally!
I got word today that I am indeed on Altair Leader & due in San Diego port on 8/22.
marinetracking.com says Altair Leader is headed to it’s final stop at Port Hueneme. I presume that Porsches get offloaded at port in San Diego first though(?) since the San Diego port schedule shows Altair Leader inbound on 8/22.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:42 PM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSdds
Glad you’ve got your answer finally!
I got word today that I am indeed on Altair Leader & due in San Diego port on 8/22.
marinetracking.com says Altair Leader is headed to it’s final stop at Port Hueneme. I presume that Porsches get offloaded at port in San Diego first though(?) since the San Diego port schedule shows Altair Leader inbound on 8/22.
My SA says the San Diego port expects the Altair Leader at 5am on the 22nd like you said. The ship will offload our cars and head to Oxnard. Hopefully we'll get our cars within a week after that.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:20 AM
Mickey D
Instructor

Originally Posted by pishter
My SA says the San Diego port expects the Altair Leader at 5am on the 22nd like you said. The ship will offload our cars and head to Oxnard. Hopefully we'll get our cars within a week after that.
y’all better flood this thread with pics once u get ur cars!!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:35 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

​​​​​​Just took delivery on the car in PEC LA a few weeks back. I hate to rain on the parade but those of you who are just getting a dealer delivery are missing out big time! But no seriously, the car is WORTH the wait (ask me how i know, waited for this guy for 7 months). Will try to do a write up on the PEC experience if i get time, but TL DR you HAVE to do it.

Regarding the dealer updates - my dealer didn't give me many updates either...was literally like hey we ordered it, hey today is lock day, and hey its in the factory and oh its on a boat. And I put money on the car back in Dec for a May allocation... The way i see it is that its not something you can affect anyways, so just sit tight and enjoy the wait!

But man i just can't stop myself from turning back every time i park this guy
Old 08-16-2018, 03:43 AM
Mickey D
Instructor

Originally Posted by basic666
​​​​​​Just took delivery on the car in PEC LA a few weeks back. I hate to rain on the parade but those of you who are just getting a dealer delivery are missing out big time! But no seriously, the car is WORTH the wait (ask me how i know, waited for this guy for 7 months). Will try to do a write up on the PEC experience if i get time, but TL DR you HAVE to do it.

Regarding the dealer updates - my dealer didn't give me many updates either...was literally like hey we ordered it, hey today is lock day, and hey its in the factory and oh its on a boat. And I put money on the car back in Dec for a May allocation... The way i see it is that its not something you can affect anyways, so just sit tight and enjoy the wait!

man that thing looks sweet!! I love the color!!
Old 08-16-2018, 01:06 PM
medias116
Advanced

Beautiful car!!
great to hear about your PEC LA experience since I am picking mine up there as well.

If any tips, suggestions - pls do let me know!
Old 08-16-2018, 01:07 PM
medias116
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mickey D

y’all better flood this thread with pics once u get ur cars!!
you bet - can’t wait for to share!!
Old 08-16-2018, 01:49 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by medias116

Beautiful car!!
great to hear about your PEC LA experience since I am picking mine up there as well.

If any tips, suggestions - pls do let me know!
So i was looking for pro tips as well before i went, but it turns out you just show up and they will make sure you have a blast! Your coordinator will literally follow you around taking pictures of you and your car all day, lol.

I guess one thing that i did miss out on was during the actual reveal of the car, they ended up taking still pictures. If i had another go, I would have asked one of the staff to record the whole thing on video with my phone. Also I booked a morning slot on a Friday, the place did seem to get really crowded in the afternoon.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:53 PM
medias116
Advanced

So i was looking for pro tips as well before i went, but it turns out you just show up and they will make sure you have a blast! Your coordinator will literally follow you around taking pictures of you and your car all day, lol.

I guess one thing that i did miss out on was during the actual reveal of the car, they ended up taking still pictures. If i had another go, I would have asked one of the staff to record the whole thing on video with my phone. Also I booked a morning slot on a Friday, the place did seem to get really crowded in the afternoon.
Good tip on the video!
I am in the morning luckily ... getting very impatient
Old 08-16-2018, 05:12 PM
medias116
Advanced

now that delivery is getting closer, the next decision is PPF or not to PPF. Where do you guys stand once you get delivery?
I have to drive up from LA to the San Francisco area so wondering if I should get PPF before or after the drive.

Any recommendations for great installers in the LA area or San Francisco region?
Old 08-16-2018, 05:27 PM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by medias116
now that delivery is getting closer, the next decision is PPF or not to PPF. Where do you guys stand once you get delivery?
I have to drive up from LA to the San Francisco area so wondering if I should get PPF before or after the drive.

Any recommendations for great installers in the LA area or San Francisco region?
I think this is probably a subject for another thread which there are several very recent ones.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread