Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 01:32 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFLT6
Dealer allocations have dates, it’s not first come first served. Your allocation is for a late September production slot.
Understood, it makes sense to me.. but the lack of transparency with the dealership was a surprise! Such as my request for a Sept delivery won’t happen as “no 2019’s” until Oct-Nov. That appears to be false. It’s been a long slog, I’ve been working with my SA since March.. maybe I should just chill out and do my time
Old 08-01-2018, 01:56 AM
medtech_expat
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

Understood, it makes sense to me.. but the lack of transparency with the dealership was a surprise! Such as my request for a Sept delivery won’t happen as “no 2019’s” until Oct-Nov. That appears to be false. It’s been a long slog, I’ve been working with my SA since March.. maybe I should just chill out and do my time
I found my allocation in Monterrey with build locked last week, early Sept. build and expected dealer availability around Thanksgiving. Timelines appear consistent with yours.

I’d imagine that those taking delivery in Sept/Oct have already left the factory in July...
Old 08-01-2018, 02:04 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by medtech_expat

I found my allocation in Monterrey with build locked last week, early Sept. build and expected dealer availability around Thanksgiving. Timelines appear consistent with yours.

I’d imagine that those taking delivery in Sept/Oct have already left the factory in July...
Thanks for the reply.. curious why Monterrey?, location or they offered the best deal or experience? Might be useful info for next time around. Thanks
Old 08-01-2018, 02:21 AM
medtech_expat
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
Thanks for the reply.. curious why Monterrey?, location or they offered the best deal or experience? Might be useful info for next time around. Thanks
I typically buy and always service at Fremont, but they couldn’t give me a confirmed allocation before Monterrey locked. Monterrey also offered 3% off MSRP, while the other Peninsula dealers held firm with no discounting.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:32 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by medtech_expat

I typically buy and always service at Fremont, but they couldn’t give me a confirmed allocation before Monterrey locked. Monterrey also offered 3% off MSRP, while the other Peninsula dealers held firm with no discounting.
I ordered through Redwood city due to convenience as its on my door step, they finally got me an allocation after 4 months but held firm at MSRP. Next time I will also give Monterrey a shot but I am sure timing plays a large part... congrats on getting some $$$$ off
Old 08-01-2018, 06:42 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by steelesm
So here's my "dilemma", I started casually looking for a C2 GTS allocation, hoping that delivery would occur next Mar/Apr since I live in the Chicago area and the GTS would be my weekend, dry weather car (I just bought an 18' M3 as my kid hauling daily driver). I found out today that my local SA has an allocation for a mid-Sept lock/end Dec delivery. So I'm trying to decide whether to A) take the allocation and stare at the GTS in my garage for 3 months or B) pass on the allocation and hope that I can find another allocation with delivery in March or later. This would be my first Pcar so I'm unaware of how difficult/easy it is to find a C2 GTS allocation. If the answer is that I'll eventually get another allocation but the timing probably won't be perfect so I might have to wait until next summer or fall, then I could probably live with that. But if there's a realistic chance that I might not get an allocation before Porsche ceases 991.2 GTS production, then I'd obviously take this one.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Since they limit the amount of GTS models manufactured, allocations can be difficult to obtain but not impossible. On the other hand you could buy a dealer spec'd car or used car when they are available at a time of year closer to your liking. What I don't quite understand is why anyone that buys a 911 of any type would not want to drive it year round. Sure snow is a problem for a two wheel drive version but maybe you should consider a 4GTS, they handle great in the snow provided it is not too deep. I can almost guarantee you'll end up wishing you had ordered it now instead waiting.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

If someone is looking for a discounted GTS Targa allocation send me a PM. The FL dealer also has several other 911 variations at a discount as well.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 08-01-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-01-2018, 10:20 AM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

So here's my "dilemma", I started casually looking for a C2 GTS allocation, hoping that delivery would occur next Mar/Apr since I live in the Chicago area and the GTS would be my weekend, dry weather car (I just bought an 18' M3 as my kid hauling daily driver). I found out today that my local SA has an allocation for a mid-Sept lock/end Dec delivery. So I'm trying to decide whether to A) take the allocation and stare at the GTS in my garage for 3 months or B) pass on the allocation and hope that I can find another allocation with delivery in March or later. This would be my first Pcar so I'm unaware of how difficult/easy it is to find a C2 GTS allocation. If the answer is that I'll eventually get another allocation but the timing probably won't be perfect so I might have to wait until next summer or fall, then I could probably live with that. But if there's a realistic chance that I might not get an allocation before Porsche ceases 991.2 GTS production, then I'd obviously take this one.

I'm in the Chicago area and will pick up a RWD GTS in Sept-Oct. We have plenty of dry days during winter, and outside of Jan-Feb, quite a few days above freezing. Get winters, or take it out on the 40+ degree dry days that come up occasionally. Generally, we know when snow is coming. Just plan accordingly.... if you don't want to go drifting :-)
Old 08-01-2018, 01:56 PM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ecosse911,

Sorry to hear about your experiences with the SA. Rennlist is frequently way more informative than your local SA, which is a shame. Especially when you're handing them your $.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recent order placed

Been lurking here for about a year, last week I got 3% off an ordered GTS, FL dealer had allocation, December delivery, very excited.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:46 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 424 Posts

Kudos! Post your build sir.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:52 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFLT6
I'm in the Chicago area and will pick up a RWD GTS in Sept-Oct. We have plenty of dry days during winter, and outside of Jan-Feb, quite a few days above freezing. Get winters, or take it out on the 40+ degree dry days that come up occasionally. Generally, we know when snow is coming. Just plan accordingly.... if you don't want to go drifting :-)

If you want a custom build and want to work with this particular dealer...you may just need to take it and avoid trying to time it....else if you miss the 19 GTS builds it may be a year or 3, as I've been told by other SA's, that we see the GTS in a 992. Now I'm just passing that on as what I've been told. I'm a newbie in the Porsche ownership circle. I want a 992 GTS so I picked up a CPO 2016 C4S a few weeks back.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Originally Posted by phefner
Kudos! Post your build sir.
2019 911 Carrera GTS

Guards Red
Standard Interior in Black Leather/Alcantara
Rear-Axle Steering
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
7-Speed Manual Transmission
20' 911 Turbo S Wheels
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Interior Trim Painted in Exterior Color I.c.w. Standard Interior
Seat Belts in Guards Red

Basically all Guards Red and Black inside and out.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:32 PM
medias116
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shap96
2019 911 Carrera GTS

Guards Red
Standard Interior in Black Leather/Alcantara
Rear-Axle Steering
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
7-Speed Manual Transmission
20' 911 Turbo S Wheels
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Interior Trim Painted in Exterior Color I.c.w. Standard Interior
Seat Belts in Guards Red

Basically all Guards Red and Black inside and out.
great color and especially nice to MT and RAS! It’s going to be a blaaaasssst!
Old 08-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Originally Posted by medias116

great color and especially nice to MT and RAS! It’s going to be a blaaaasssst!
Thanks! Dream car for me. I’m thankful Porsche still makes manual transmissions. Just counting down the days until December.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread