Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 12:11 PM
Mickey D
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got confirmation my car is on Jasper Arrow scheduled to arrive to San Diego on 9/14

Anyone else on it??

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...l:JASPER_ARROW
Old 08-24-2018, 07:31 PM
nightfire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by medias116

i ordered a manual too and explicitly checked since it was not on their spec sheet - it is not listed since that is the standard/default. Only PDK shows up if ordered.
same with the wheels I would assume ...
The wheels I found out didn't show up because they are the "stock" wheels on the GTS for 2019. As for the crest, it was the crest on the hood of the car. So random! I'm not sure why that's on the build sheet, I hope they wouldn't put anything else there instead haha.

I just got an email from Porsche LA Experience Center and they are estimating I can pick up the car sometime between the end of December and beginning of January. I'm not sure why it keeps getting pushed back, but they did say they only do 1 per day Tuesday through Friday. Originally the SA said I can do it on a Saturday, so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Is anyone else having their car timeline pushed back like mine is?...
Old 08-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Lot of demand for the PEC and they only have them in LA & Atlanta, and they only deliver 2 cars per day, 1 in the am and 1 in the pm.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:19 PM
medias116
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nightfire
The wheels I found out didn't show up because they are the "stock" wheels on the GTS for 2019. As for the crest, it was the crest on the hood of the car. So random! I'm not sure why that's on the build sheet, I hope they wouldn't put anything else there instead haha.

I just got an email from Porsche LA Experience Center and they are estimating I can pick up the car sometime between the end of December and beginning of January. I'm not sure why it keeps getting pushed back, but they did say they only do 1 per day Tuesday through Friday. Originally the SA said I can do it on a Saturday, so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Is anyone else having their car timeline pushed back like mine is?...
i have a confirmed date at PEC LA (October in the AM slot) and they informed me that it is only tues, wed fri, 1 delivery a day AM and Thurs only PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:44 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Sorry, Atlanta has many more openings...I would think they had the same in LA. Here is the web site for anyone that is interested. They also offer driving classes for those that are not picking up cars: https://www.porschedriving.com/home
Old 08-24-2018, 11:18 PM
nightfire
Advanced

Originally Posted by medias116

i have a confirmed date at PEC LA (October in the AM slot) and they informed me that it is only tues, wed fri, 1 delivery a day AM and Thurs only PM.
That's a bummer about how few they do. They really should up their cars per day or at least days available :/
Old 08-25-2018, 04:02 PM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSdds
Glad you’ve got your answer finally!
I got word today that I am indeed on Altair Leader & due in San Diego port on 8/22.
marinetracking.com says Altair Leader is headed to it’s final stop at Port Hueneme. I presume that Porsches get offloaded at port in San Diego first though(?) since the San Diego port schedule shows Altair Leader inbound on 8/22.
My SA said the cars have cleared customs and is ready for transport to the dealership. He is hoping they will get it in Newport Beach sometime next week! They do come with yellow side markers so I have told the SA to switch out to the clear LEDs when they prep the car.

GTSdds, where are you picking up your car?
Old 08-25-2018, 11:32 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pishter
My SA said the cars have cleared customs and is ready for transport to the dealership. He is hoping they will get it in Newport Beach sometime next week! They do come with yellow side markers so I have told the SA to switch out to the clear LEDs when they prep the car.

GTSdds, where are you picking up your car?
Hoehn(Carlsbad), & guess where I was just this afternoon!....

Old 08-25-2018, 11:38 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

It’s staying there for the bulk of the next few days bc I’m having the CLs removed by dealer & ceramic coated @ Adonis on Tues.
Shooting for bringing it home my next day off after that-Friday.

Best wishes for speedy transport to you pishter!

I feel very fortunate to have had absolutely everything fall in to place time wise on my deal. Heck my GTS rolled off the line in Zuffenhausen 1 month ago today & it’s already @ a West coast dealer-must be about the fastest this ever happens.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:29 AM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It’s staying there for the bulk of the next few days bc I’m having the CLs removed by dealer & ceramic coated @ Adonis on Tues.
Shooting for bringing it home my next day off after that-Friday.

Best wishes for speedy transport to you pishter!

I feel very fortunate to have had absolutely everything fall in to place time wise on my deal. Heck my GTS rolled off the line in Zuffenhausen 1 month ago today & it’s already @ a West coast dealer-must be about the fastest this ever happens.

Looks like PZeros.

Congrats on the delivery.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Mickey D
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

my dealer has the below build if anyone is interested. PM me for contact.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:15 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 162 Posts

Hoehn(Carlsbad), & guess where I was just this afternoon!....
Congrats.... great specs with model delete and mini duck.....but I'm biased :-)
Old 08-28-2018, 09:54 PM
steelesm
Track Day

V215 status on a PTS (voodoo blue) 2019 GTS order, Dec build / Feb delivery. Two straight birthdays unwrapping a car (M3 last Feb)...LOL
Old 08-30-2018, 09:16 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Just drove mine home. Sublime!
Did you get yours yet pishter?
Old 08-30-2018, 09:30 PM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

My delivery is next week. Hope I’m not disappointed
:-). Anyone find out why we lose headlight washers? Any other items stripped from our 2019 builds?

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread