Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 07:43 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slocumda@yahoo.com
I'm not a fan of carbon fiber all around but a touch of it on the shift **** feels right to me. Agree with deviated stitching on the boot but it doesn't seem to be something Porsche offers.
FWIW, in my build I have the GTS interior pkg but I put “steering wheel in leather”. That gave me a rhodium stitched shift boot. If I added a CF shift ****, the rhodium stitching disappears from the boot. So I went w/o the CF ****-even though it really goes w my GTS interior & illuminated cf sills.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:27 AM
GTS01
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Update: Potential Tariff

Trump was on TV last evening and stated IF he does introduce a tariff--which I believe will be averted--he will not impose it until after the elections in November. Given the expected implementation time, it would likely not go into effect until early 2019.

If you are buying, get those orders in with 2018 delivery dates!
Old 07-02-2018, 04:47 PM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSdds

FWIW, in my build I have the GTS interior pkg but I put “steering wheel in leather”. That gave me a rhodium stitched shift boot. If I added a CF shift ****, the rhodium stitching disappears from the boot. So I went w/o the CF ****-even though it really goes w my GTS interior & illuminated cf sills.

Thanks for explaining how that worked with your package. My build locked on the 29th so I'm not going to tempt fate and will stick with my choices. I remember a post by a member who stitched his own black leather shift boot with red thread and have searched but I just cannot find it. I think I could do the same and would be very happy with those results.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:16 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by kennypowers

I wasn’t able to....:can you share an email for your contact?

Sucks you can’t send messages.
Fixed now!!!!

Hope John can help you out and good luck with your build.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:16 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Just received the latest info on my build and delivery schedule. Looks like it's going to be a great Thanksgiving!

Old 07-03-2018, 05:06 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Just received my delivery schedule. Looks like our cars may share a ride across the pond! Mine is going a little further south though to JAX for PEC Atlanta delivery.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:33 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 162 Posts

Name:  photo815.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  392.6 KB

Mine is entering production this Friday and will be completed on the 13th. Picking it up on the 23rd in Zuffenhausen. Getting super excited!
Old 07-03-2018, 11:18 PM
medias116
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paxton
Attachment 1284990

Mine is entering production this Friday and will be completed on the 13th. Picking it up on the 23rd in Zuffenhausen. Getting super excited!
wow - so close!! Must be hard and exciting at the same time counting hours 😁
Old 07-03-2018, 11:19 PM
medias116
Advanced

Originally Posted by slocumda@yahoo.com
Just received the latest info on my build and delivery schedule. Looks like it's going to be a great Thanksgiving!

indeed!! U definitely have lots to be thankful for owning a beauty like this!
Old 07-04-2018, 12:34 AM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by medias116

wow - so close!! Must be hard and exciting at the same time counting hours 😁
Indeed, 3 weeks and counting!
Old 07-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by medias116

indeed!! U definitely have lots to be thankful for owning a beauty like this!
Hi, I'm new to to this forum, 911's and actually its my first ever Porsche! I was a VW kid, then moved on to Audi and now I am having my mid life crisis I have graduated up the ranks of VAG.

Its been quite a strange experience buying my first Porsche. Buying my previous cars in the US (I am originally from the UK) was an experience in itself, but securing my first Porsche took it to a whole new level. I have been quietly gathering information from this excellent forum over the past 9 months and felt it was now time to come out of the closet and share my experience (and also solicit advice). A work colleague who was an avid 911 guy (funnily now a R8 guy) advised me to check out a 911 as it might check most of my boxes. A must have was a back seat as I occasionally need to pick up my 4 year old. Other than that it was quite simple I wanted something to put a smile on my face and preferably German... I grew up around German cars and have never strayed.

I had a short list of cars RS7, DBS and a 991.2 (having never owned a NA 911 the move to twin turbo's was quite enticing). I was having some sleepless nights over the DBS (it would be used), its a beautiful car it just seemed like a money pit and I already have one of those... my SF bay area home. The RS7 seemed like a beast but from some reviews it seemed to be challenged with making it around corners. I called my buddy in the UK and he said 911 all the way... no hesitation! Go test drive one and you will be convinced... funny but I haven't actually driven any of these cars

So I go to my local Porsche and they happily set me up in a couple of cars. A 991.2 C2S (PCCB) and a 991.2 GTS (steels), both of them put a huge smile on my face, but to be honest I couldn't tell the difference, they both achieved the end goal and put a huge smile on my face. The PCCB's were impressive but not necessary for my typical type of driving. I got the bug and went back again and test drove a 991.1 4GTS and 991.2 GTS, all part of my short history lesson and getting to know the recent 911's. I have to say the sound out of the NA cars is unparalleled but I am will to forego the sound for the torque of the forced induction motor.

So I decided I wanted a 991.2 GTS as most of the parts stuff I wanted to add to the C2S were standard on the GTS, and maybe that extra power might come in handy! So after watching used prices I felt that I owed it to myself to order my own car .. mostly I was surprised at how well they hold their value. So after a a few months I was glad the hard work and research was over and I would go and tell my friendly Porsche dealer to please deliver me a GTS asap. You can imagine my shock when I was told that I might not be worthy of owning such a car. Obviously the SA didn't use those words but made it clear that they didn't have an allocation. "Allocation"... just call up the factory and tell them someone else wants to buy a car... how naive of me. So after more than 6 months of torture I have my allocation and my car just went into V200.

I have a freeze date of August 3rd with a delivery in December... that seems so far away! Also I have already added a bunch of stuff this past month and I still have another month of resisting the configurator

My family, who have zero interest in my build experience have officially called the topic off limits... so I am looking for like minded people who have literally spent days, weeks on this addictive process.

http://porsche-code.com/pk4y7xy7

I have a few questions and please fell free to redirect me to another thread if this is not the right place

1) When, how do I get the a break down of the "V" schedule as shown in the above thread? The pdf letter I got from Porsche just says "V200 - Delivery date determined" but there is no delivery date stated..? Then in the email from my SA they state 14th December delivery planning

2) Soliciting advice on some configuration items? is it ok to continue in this thread or should start my own?

Thanks, really appreciate
Old 07-04-2018, 10:57 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts

2) Soliciting advice on some configuration items? is it ok to continue in this thread or should start my own?

Thanks, really appreciate[/QUOTE]

Great Choice Living in the SF area, I would definitely consider the Front End Lift.
I didn't have it in my first 991.2 GTS and I just picked up my new GTS with European Delivery and used this lift most days.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:34 PM
medias116
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

http://porsche-code.com/pk4y7xy7

I have a few questions and please fell free to redirect me to another thread if this is not the right place

1) When, how do I get the a break down of the "V" schedule as shown in the above thread? The pdf letter I got from Porsche just says "V200 - Delivery date determined" but there is no delivery date stated..? Then in the email from my SA they state 14th December delivery planning

Thanks, really appreciate
Check this out for your order status:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ing-guide.html

i am relatively new to the forum as well and have ordered my first Porsche - a 911 GTS MY2019 and happy to give you my 2cents based on my research, fwiw 😬

i am am in the SF area too.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:47 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Hi Ecosse911, welcome. Nice build, patience is required. May I suggest looking at the Alcantara steering wheel (aka multi-function heated). Nice and grippy and matching the GTS interior as a bonus.
Brit ex-pat too, also went through a few S and RS Audi's.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:07 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

Here is a tip for folks wanting GTS allocation. Simply buy a 991.2 S that has the options you want, and after you receive it, get the X51 Power Kit dealer - installed. Voile! On the 991.2, that is a very reasonable cost upgrade on a 991.2 S, and gives you everything you ever wanted in a 991.2 GTS. Unless you want the Alcantara seat surfaces which i don't care for...

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread