Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 09:34 AM
Alc
Racer

Received 520 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
I have the car down to 2975 lbs now. Looking for lightweight single piece rear deck with spoiler now.
What’s your list of lightweight mods to get her under 3k?
Old 04-09-2023, 11:35 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by minh
just the right amount of yellow to add some pop to such a boring color.

(JK LOL mine is miami blue also)
You’ve got the right wheels on your car … nothing boring there!! 😄

The yellow was obviously done by a previous owner and I do love the mod. And it’s just a color, not pretending to be anything it’s not. The calipers are clearly visible as 4 piston and the rotors clearly visible as steel. Not trying to fool anyone, just a great complimentary color agains the MB body.

About 24,600 on the odometer at time of purchase. Before my 2,850 mile journey back home. Drive ‘em if you got ‘em!!
The following 3 users liked this post by jakermc:
Oileater (04-09-2023), polobai (04-10-2023), sam_spider (04-10-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 12:54 PM
supercroc
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
I paid asking price. There was a lot of interest and they were not going to drop the price from original listing. I think they realized they mispriced it given its rare configuration. Miami Blue, LWBS, and manual transmission probably make it 1 of 5 in the United States. Factor in full leather interior and maybe 1 of 1. In the deal I also got the original factory Carrera Sport wheels in as-new condition (I put them back on the car and will sell the Vossens), the factory springs (has H&R installed), and factory sport exhaust (has IPE installed). Car is already tuned to 450hp on 91 octane (California car) and has full PPF on entire car. It was absolutely perfect and still feel I got a great deal for the $100K they were asking. I knew I had to grab it fast without haggling. I put a deposit down within 24 hours of our first discussion.
Welcome to the Miami Blue club. Congratulations on your "striking like a cobra" when you found the car. The least bit of dithering would have meant someone else was now loving it.
See you in Birmingham for the 2024 PCA Parade?
Old 04-09-2023, 01:30 PM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Alc
What’s your list of lightweight mods to get her under 3k?
I ordered the car with all weight saving options like pccbs and carbon buckets as well as not ordering anything that would add weight other than sports chrono and RAS.

19 inch forged wheels
titanium lug bolts
aluminum body coilovers
titanium bolts replacing many steel bolts
titanium headers
sharkwerks muffler replacement
lightweight Tial intake runners
antigravity battery
no carpeted mats
Some heavier padded trim pieces replaced with lightweight carbon fiber
Non functional seat pads removed
front Lic plate replaced with license plate decal - no rear license plate frame
rear decklid plastics removed or modified
lightweight exhaust tips
RS Door pockets
tools, air compressor, etc removed
front trunk dressing removed
sun visor delete
cup holder delete
cabin air filter delete
i have bought replacement plastics for many areas and then sanded down or drilled many of plastics in non cosmetic places. New pieces are kept in storage when I want to return car to stock.

All my mods are easily reversed.

Planned weight reduction

Lightweight rear decklid. Fixed spoiler
lightweight cats

The following 4 users liked this post by Grantsfo:
Alc (04-14-2023), flasch (04-10-2023), spdracerut (04-09-2023), Wilder (12-12-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 01:37 PM
Alc
Racer

I ordered the car with all weight saving options like pccbs and carbon buckets as well as not ordering anything that would add weight other than sports chrono and RAS.

19 inch forged wheels
titanium lug bolts
aluminum body coilovers
titanium headers
antigravity battery
no carpeted mats
lightweight exhaust tips
RS Door pockets
sun visor delete
cup holder delete
cabin air filter delete
i have bought replacement plastics for many areas and then sanded down or drilled many of plastics in non cosmetic places. New pieces are kept in storage when I want to return car to stock.

Planned weight reduction

lightweight cats
impressive! Thanks for detailed list and well done!
The following users liked this post:
Grantsfo (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 03:26 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,177 Likes on 594 Posts

19 inch forged wheels
titanium lug bolts
aluminum body coilovers
titanium headers
antigravity battery
no carpeted mats
lightweight exhaust tips
RS Door pockets
sun visor delete
cup holder delete
cabin air filter delete

Planned weight reduction

lightweight cats
How did you weigh it to determine final weight and what was the starting weight when you weighed it before the diet?
Old 04-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Foosh
Pro

Received 368 Likes on 252 Posts

I just placed a deposit on a 911 Carrera T, and was told it will probably be 2024. For those waiting or in the know, I'd appreciate any info on how T allocations are being doled out in the US.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:30 PM
Alc
Racer

Dealer specific, but around me it was first come with a deposit first sold. I believe there is a wait now but it will be highly dependent on dealership and expected allocations.
Foosh (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 05:35 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I just placed a deposit on a 911 Carrera T, and was told it will probably be 2024. For those waiting or in the know, I'd appreciate any info on how T allocations are being doled out in the US.
I see you posted the same query in the 992 forum. I bet you get better answers there, given it's a very different world now, than when we were chasing ours. Of course you'll have to get them to stop taking about deviated stitching and what outfit they are going to wear to pick up their cars when they get out of shipping purgatory. . .

Good luck!

Last edited by S S; 04-09-2023 at 05:46 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by S S:
Alc (04-09-2023), Foosh (04-09-2023), MingusDew (04-09-2023), spyderbret (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 06:26 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,219 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan_
sounds like the answer to “what is the heaviest possible set of brakes that will fit a 991.2”

But I kinda get it - cost of AP brakes is stupid as we can’t buy the brackets / bells on their own and no one wants to pay import duty from the US on calipers and disks made in the UK…

You having the GT3 master cylinder done too?

Ha ha! So maybe if I get new forged wheels, that’ll even things out.

Am not looking to create a lighter weight car. I don’t track it and I would not honestly notice a few extra pounds in weight here and there.

Wasn’t planning on a new master cylinder...
Old 04-09-2023, 07:01 PM
Foosh
Pro

Received 368 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Alc
Dealer specific, but around me it was first come with a deposit first sold. I believe there is a wait now but it will be highly dependent on dealership and expected allocations.
Although I'm a 2019 718 Cayman owner, I'm new on this forum. Does Porsche dole out allocations based upon sales? In other words, do the biggest selling dealers get the most allocations?. I'm #3 on deposits for a T at the local dealer where my Cayman has been serviced, and they can't promise I'll get an allocation. I understand that given the current supply chain situation.

I did see my dealer on the list of 26 "Premier" dealers in the US.

Originally Posted by S S
I see you posted the same query in the 992 forum. I bet you get better answers there, given it's a very different world now, than when we were chasing ours. Of course you'll have to get them to stop taking about deviated stitching and what outfit they are going to wear to pick up their cars when they get out of shipping purgatory. . .

Good luck!

LOL, yeah I noticed that.

Last edited by Foosh; 04-09-2023 at 08:05 PM.
S S (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Grantsfo
Racer

Originally Posted by MingusDew
How did you weigh it to determine final weight and what was the starting weight when you weighed it before the diet?

​​​​​​​I didn’t weigh it when took delivery unfortunately. I did weigh it before battery, wheels and headers and few other mods and it was at 3084 lbs. way I configured from factOry seemed lighter than published numbers. I have set of digital corner weight scales and weigh it with couple gallons of fuel - amount I have in car when competing in autocross.

Last edited by Grantsfo; 04-09-2023 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 09:59 PM
Grantsfo
Racer

Thanks to feedback I found sound symposers today and getting rid of those next! I love finding useless extra weight! Curious is there a good symposer delete instruction? Do I need to worry about plugging vacuum lines etc? The holes into cabin aren’t issue as I’ll just cover with heat reflecting tape. I just haven’t seen what these sound trumpets hook into yet.
Old 04-10-2023, 12:15 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

I didn’t weigh it when took delivery unfortunately. I did weigh it before battery, wheels and headers and few other mods and it was at 3084 lbs. way I configured from factOry seemed lighter than published numbers. I have set of digital corner weight scales and weigh it with couple gallons of fuel - amount I have in car when competing in autocross.
I was hoping you had weight when stock, because like you said your spec is about as light as it gets, and I’ve wondered how close to reality the Porsche published numbers are to reality. Thanks for the other data points though.
Old 04-10-2023, 12:19 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Thanks to feedback I found sound symposers today and getting rid of those next! I love finding useless extra weight! Curious is there a good symposer delete instruction? Do I need to worry about plugging vacuum lines etc? The holes into cabin aren’t issue as I’ll just cover with heat reflecting tape. I just haven’t seen what these sound trumpets hook into yet.
You need some silicon hose caps to go on the Y pipe or wherever it is those connect, as it is on the high pressure side the caps have to be rated for pressure. There’s more info in this thread https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1293...er-delete.html

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club