911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 10:36 AM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by egrossman
DONE!!!!
I have the PCM delete shelf and want to remove the PCM from my T but wondering if there will be any Error Codes popping up after you remove the unit?
Old 08-22-2020, 11:21 AM
egrossman
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 38 Posts

I have no error codes but some programming was required. I still have parking sensor alerts(beeps) which is nice but lost everything on dashboard related to PCM including the compass. I actually used the compass so that will be missed.

This is the thread related to it. See post #14 in particular.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...cm-delete.html

Happy to offer any assistance I can if you msg me privately as I don’t want to hijack thread (unless there is enough interest in this)

Last edited by egrossman; 08-22-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:29 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 228 Posts

I have no error codes but some programming was required. I still have parking sensor alerts which is nice but lost everything else on dashboard related to PCM.

This is the thread related to it. See post #14 in particular.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...cm-delete.html

Happy to offer any assistance I can if you msg me privately
i would do this if there was a way to integrate the reversing camera into the gauge cluster with the multi function stalk, like how the navigation can show there.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:30 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
I’ll go first (to answer my own question)

As my T is my sole car and daily driver, I’d keep my sat nav/PCM and heated rear window.

I’d still pick Racing Yellow, if PTS was still unavailable.

I’d opt for folding bucket seats (which were an option here in the UK) and PCCBs!

I’d also be tempted to add RAS.

And I’d keep my Litchfield Motors mods!
folding bucket seats are the move. no rear seat option on the GT3 Touring was a massive fail on Porsche's part.
The following users liked this post:
Wing Commander (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 11:45 AM
egrossman
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lamacan
i would do this if there was a way to integrate the reversing camera into the gauge cluster with the multi function stalk, like how the navigation can show there.
Agreed, that would be ideal. I figured I grew up driving without a back up camera so I could learn to do it again.

To me, it gives the car a more retro feel.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:53 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Agreed, that would be ideal. I figured I grew up driving without a back up camera so I could learn to do it again.

To me, it gives the car a more retro feel.
agree. for me, my house is "contemporary" which means lots of asymmetrical rooms, including, stupidly, the garage, which means i have to back into my garage at an angle and align parallel to a wall and the camera is critical for this. it's really dumb.
egrossman (08-22-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 03:55 PM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

Ts are getting rare to find:

current stats from german site mobile.de, for 991 carrera T. About 26 Ts for sale, same time 45 gt3 tourings for sale. Prices keeping steady for T, althought some high mile cars are obviously getting cheaper.
The following 3 users liked this post by Northern911T:
G99x.y (08-26-2020), S S (08-25-2020), tourenwagen (08-26-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 04:47 PM
danp100
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys, i've got a 2019 T and have a question i was hoping a fellow T owner could answer.

i just had the horrible experience of giving one of my wheels curb rash. i'd like to touch it up myself. i've found various gray metallic paints for porsche online (see list below). however, i'm not making much headway finding the 'titanium gray' paint used for the standard 20" T wheels. i know that the agate gray (Achatgrau Metallic) is used for the side mirrors and engine cover grill, but it's a different color than the wheels. does anybody know which porsche metallic gray paint is the best match (or where/how to buy that titanium gray paint)? any other good solutions for dealing with curb rash (other than buying a entirely new rim)?
  • Achatgrau Metallic LM7S
  • Quarzitgrau Metallic 3M
  • Vulkangrau Metallic 2H
  • Atlas Gray Metallic 6C2
  • Carbon Gray Metallic LM9Z
  • Meteor Gray Metallic 9Q
  • Lava Gray Metallic LR7M

Thanks, guys!

btw - it's my first post here so pls lmk if i should post this someplace else...
Old 09-07-2020, 04:53 PM
supercroc
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by danp100
hey guys, i've got a 2019 T and have a question i was hoping a fellow T owner could answer.

i just had the horrible experience of giving one of my wheels curb rash. i'd like to touch it up myself. i've found various gray metallic paints for porsche online (see list below). however, i'm not making much headway finding the 'titanium gray' paint used for the standard 20" T wheels. i know that the agate gray (Achatgrau Metallic) is used for the side mirrors and engine cover grill, but it's a different color than the wheels. does anybody know which porsche metallic gray paint is the best match (or where/how to buy that titanium gray paint)? any other good solutions for dealing with curb rash (other than buying a entirely new rim)?
  • Vulkangrau Metallic 2H

Thanks, guys!

btw - it's my first post here so pls lmk if i should post this someplace else...

Would suggest you find out who your local "wheel guy" is and save yourself a lot of heartache.
danp100 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 04:56 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

• Vulkangrau Metallic 2H

Thanks, guys!

i wouldn't self touch up a wheel. it requires a specific type of baking process to do it correctly and prevent future corrosion. most people don't do that when touching up a wheel, but you should. elements wheels get exposed to is far more aggressive/corrosive than body paint, e.g. heat, brake dust, fluids from the road, etc.
danp100 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Surge74
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

• Vulkangrau Metallic 2H

Thanks, guys!

A competent body shop will make it look like new for the cost of a tank of fuel. Not worth DIY’ing it.
danp100 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 05:34 PM
danp100
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, thank you for the quick replies. I appreciate it. I'll call my body shop tomorrow and ask for his wheel guy.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 246 Posts

Agree. Do yourself a favor and take it to a professional wheel restoration shop. They have the proper tools, technique and can color match the wheel. Should not cost more than $150.00 to deposit. As me how I know that :-)
danp100 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts

I agree on having a professional do it. My wheel was dinged up by a torque wrench when changing tires. I used Agate Grey paint to touch it up which made it more obvious to me. So I found a place near me that does work for some local Porsche and Ferrari dealers. He took off the wheel and did his magic. I was quoted on the phone $150, but when I paid he said $100. Looks great now

edit. Just to add to the story. The first place I took it to told me that I should have the wheel completely powder coated for $250 and if I did that he said you should do both wheels on the same side since they may not color match exactly afterwards. I thought that was a little extreme for me considering most people would never have noticed the original dings around the lug nuts.

Last edited by Guaji; 09-07-2020 at 07:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Guaji:
danp100 (09-07-2020), SFZ GT3 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 09:30 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

• Vulkangrau Metallic 2H

Thanks, guys!

I think SS figured out it was:

Titanium Metallic - Paint code D7Z

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1199...l#post16702539
The following 2 users liked this post by BlackOptic:
danp100 (09-08-2020), S S (09-07-2020)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club