Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 04:25 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 607 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Tay101
Will you be offering the brake ducts for sale as a kit?

Also, what benefit would the GT4/GT3 master cylinder provide?

Thanks!
I'm looking for that taller, firmer pedal that everyone likes when the car gets hot after a few laps. The tall pedal inspires more confidence for whomever wants to own this thing after me. I want to try the stock one first but I can already tell. The GT4/GT3 cats have different master cylinders but they also have different piston sizes than the 997.2 GT3 calipers or the 991 6-piston non-GT calipers so I want to try the upgrades sequentially.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
I'm looking for that taller, firmer pedal that everyone likes when the car gets hot after a few laps. The tall pedal inspires more confidence for whomever wants to own this thing after me. I want to try the stock one first but I can already tell. The GT4/GT3 cats have different master cylinders but they also have different piston sizes than the 997.2 GT3 calipers or the 991 6-piston non-GT calipers so I want to try the upgrades sequentially.
Gotcha.

Will you be offering your brake cooling as a package for sale?
Old 10-05-2018, 05:31 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Gotcha.

Will you be offering your brake cooling as a package for sale?
Sorry...yes. Should you guys want any of the bits I've chosen, they're all available for purchase. It's the only way to justify having this car. Eventually i will have to sell her. I can't wait to get it on track tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Sorry...yes. Should you guys want any of the bits I've chosen, they're all available for purchase. It's the only way to justify having this car. Eventually i will have to sell her. I can't wait to get it on track tomorrow.
Awesome! Thank you!

What suspension bits would you say are a must have? I am thinking lower adjustable control arms and some monoballs. What swaybars are you using?
Old 10-05-2018, 09:06 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Awesome! Thank you!

What suspension bits would you say are a must have? I am thinking lower adjustable control arms and some monoballs. What swaybars are you using?
I think at a minimum you need adjustable lower control arms front and rear as well as adjustable toe links; these are important to do a proper alignment. I don't think you need all monoball everything like we did but Tarett sent me everything so I installed it. They're actually making a 2 piece adjustable lower control arm because I asked them to...i told them others would follow and buy parts if we built this car right so I think we finally will have a nice offering of adjustable suspension bits for non-GT3 991s.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:41 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks like you added quite a bit of caster upfront - preference or just a result of the extra camber from the control arms? If so, any rubbing?
Old 10-06-2018, 01:19 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by erko1905
Looks like you added quite a bit of caster upfront - preference or just a result of the extra camber from the control arms? If so, any rubbing?
Some was an effect of how everything went back together but since the front of a 911/Cayman are strut suspension setups, I like how more caster means more camber gain when the wheel is turned so I typically pull the front as far forward as possible til things rub. I also like how it produces more wheelbase which gives me more stability in long fast corners or on super bumpy tracks like Sebring.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:32 AM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

I think at a minimum you need adjustable lower control arms front and rear as well as adjustable toe links; these are important to do a proper alignment. I don't think you need all monoball everything like we did but Tarett sent me everything so I installed it. They're actually making a 2 piece adjustable lower control arm because I asked them to...i told them others would follow and buy parts if we built this car right so I think we finally will have a nice offering of adjustable suspension bits for non-GT3 991s.
Some was an effect of how everything went back together but since the front of a 911/Cayman are strut suspension setups, I like how more caster means more camber gain when the wheel is turned so I typically pull the front as far forward as possible til things rub. I also like how it produces more wheelbase which gives me more stability in long fast corners or on super bumpy tracks like Sebring.
Really great info. Thank you!
Old 10-06-2018, 12:13 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I lined up behind a GT3, we rolled off the grid but the lightning came and they black flagged the session. So we wait!
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2018, 02:02 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Ughhh - Waiting sucks
Old 10-06-2018, 07:29 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This car is everything we thought it would be and then some! It has the power to roll by everything in its way. I can't describe it because I'm used to keeping things all wound out on the tach whereas with this car I short shift it and grab gears as fast as possible because it has so much torque on tap down below. The Trofeo R rubber has a ridiculous amount of grip. I find myself wanting stiffer springs but I think that's because I'm finally used to purpose built race cars. I love it. One RS owner followed me back to ask what we had done to the car. The brakes are phenomenal but our track time has been limited due to weather. We only got 1 dry lap without traffic before the rains came again.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:57 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

I’ve lost track . What brake set up were you running ?
Old 10-07-2018, 09:26 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slvr993
I’ve lost track . What brake set up were you running ?
I'm running Brembo RE10 endurance pads, Castrol SRF fluid, braided brake lines and we have retrofitted the brake ducts from the GT4/GT3. I have the 350mm Girodisc brake discs but they arrived at the track yesterday and it's been raining so I haven't had adequate time to baseline the stock discs so I may not install them because it's supposed to rain again.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:07 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

I'm running Brembo RE10 endurance pads, Castrol SRF fluid, braided brake lines and we have retrofitted the brake ducts from the GT4/GT3. I have the 350mm Girodisc brake discs but they arrived at the track yesterday and it's been raining so I haven't had adequate time to baseline the stock discs so I may not install them because it's supposed to rain again.
No one can say that you're not putting the proper research and going about everything the right way, in my opinion. I haven't commented on here often, but thanks for your efforts.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:10 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

awrryan - Agreed. This is the power of Rennlist. Being able to "watch" a championship winning shop test and report back on mods and options is amazingly helpful. All the more reason why it's important to support the sponsors like BGB that support us and this crazy hobby.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Base/S/GTS Modification & Race Track Prep Thread