Old 09-20-2018, 05:05 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 607 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Hey, thanks for posting!

Is this the 93 octane map? I hope someone supplies you with some free/discounted headers. This is a great thread!
This is the 93 map. The gas down here isn't all that stellar and it's pretty hot all year round so we can't ever run the IGN timing to need the higher octane map. When it gets colder i look forward to cranking it up and seeing what the true potential is for more ignition timing with a 50F drop in ambient temps. Translation: there is a 13 day window period somewhere in December/January for doing this!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
This is the 93 map. The gas down here isn't all that stellar and it's pretty hot all year round so we can't ever run the IGN timing to need the higher octane map. When it gets colder i look forward to cranking it up and seeing what the true potential is for more ignition timing with a 50F drop in ambient temps. Translation: there is a 13 day window period somewhere in December/January for doing this!
Heh! I feel you on the climate. Where I live it's super hot and dry but we at least get a 3 month "boost season".

Are you going to be doing a custom dyno tune or are we all stuck under the Cobb OTS umbrella? I have the same model car, mods, and tune as you and that torque hits hard. On the freeway you can hit 140+ in no time at all.. Pretty shocking.

Is 93 readily available in Florida? Out here we only have 91 so I do a 91/95 mixture or straight 95 for safety but that gets a bit pricey at 7-8 bucks a gallon.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:29 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Heh! I feel you on the climate. Where I live it's super hot and dry but we at least get a 3 month "boost season".

Are you going to be doing a custom dyno tune or are we all stuck under the Cobb OTS umbrella? I have the same model car, mods, and tune as you and that torque hits hard. On the freeway you can hit 140+ in no time at all.. Pretty shocking.

Is 93 readily available in Florida? Out here we only have 91 so I do a 91/95 mixture or straight 95 for safety but that gets a bit pricey at 7-8 bucks a gallon.
You feel my pain then! I'm tempted to drive this car 1000 miles north just so i can feel another 50hp. I dream about what it would be like on the interstate up north in the winter time. As for custom maps, just ask the guys at Cobb how i can't leave well enough alone. I've spent hours on maps for the GT4, 981s, 987s, Macans and once this is open, i will get in there too but we are still waiting on the release of the Pro Tuner software. I don't intend to make monumental changes, just massage it. I think that the OTS Cobb map for the 991.2 is pretty awesome. Having said that, i'm working on separate maps for the change in the weather for sure!

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 09-20-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:00 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 676 Posts

I look at this chart and instantly I say to myself, this car is missing HEADERS. A good set of headers will hit hard at 4,500 rpm and bulk up that curve right through 6,000. Exactly what that car needs.

I look at this chart and instantly I say to myself, this car is missing HEADERS. A good set of headers will hit hard at 4,500 rpm and bulk up that curve right through 6,000. Exactly what that car needs.

991.2 GTS Comparison (Cobb + IPD + BMC) vs. (Cobb + IPD + BMC + Cargraphic Catless Bypass Pipe)
Old 09-20-2018, 06:21 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 810 Posts

Thank you for sharing, Cant wait till you do headers
Old 09-22-2018, 06:34 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums

Yes in Tampa...up in the Odessa New Port Richy area.

If you track your GTS...forget the tune and all that...car is fast with out it...put a big brake kit and suspension on the car and it will slay at the track and run with many other cars that people perceive as faster or more exotic

yes lets meet up if you want.... I’m suppose to take my car to Vortex on Thursday ...painting calipers, puttingmin new bleeder screws with hi temp Teflon tape...but I’m honestly about to give up on this car as a fun weekend toy and occasional track outing.
Saw your car at Vortex, looks great! What's the next plan for the brakes?
Old 09-22-2018, 07:40 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
In have Mike's brake package sorted. I've had the car on the lift for 1 day and I've addressed the fitment of the front sway bar, front radiators, larger front brakes and intercoolers.
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2018, 07:51 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

In have Mike's brake package sorted. I've had the car on the lift for 1 day and I've addressed the fitment of the front sway bar, front radiators, larger front brakes and intercoolers.
Nice. Maybe I need to do the same so my brakes dont squeak anymore LOL
Old 09-22-2018, 10:50 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

BGB - Do you mind sharing the brake set-up ?

Thx
Jeff
Old 09-23-2018, 12:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Thanks...yeah they had to rebuild the calipers...new seals and look into why they keep pushing fluid out the bleeder screw when on the track.

I hope they fixed it...they said they really didn’t see why the calipers would be leaking...threads, seat and bleeder screws all looked fine.

im probably not going to track the car anymore. Might do a session or 2 when I instruct next...but it Sucks!...but I don’t want to ruin the calipers again and spend money on them again. Never thought I’d ever have a Porsche with brakes that are not up to the performance of the car.

I dont know what will get get next. The local Porsche dealers here are not fun to deal with, they are not friendly. This is my 10th new Porsche...last 2 I had to go across the state to buy due to our horrible local Porsche dealers. You’d think after buying 8 various cars from Reeves in Tampa I could get a GT3 from them...nope.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:35 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Nice. Maybe I need to do the same so my brakes dont squeak anymore LOL
Stock pads won’t really squeak...if they do..just do some hard threshold braking and squeak will be gone...rotors are just glazing up...but I’ve not had squeak,issues with stock pads.

Race pads will squeal but that’s normal. I’m using Pagid rs29 Yellows now and on the way over and back from Sebring they were pretty quiet. I did a good break in at Sebring and they worked great....only a few high pitched squeaks..not squeals a day or so after the track.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:12 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums

Thanks...yeah they had to rebuild the calipers...new seals and look into why they keep pushing fluid out the bleeder screw when on the track.

I hope they fixed it...they said they really didn’t see why the calipers would be leaking...threads, seat and bleeder screws all looked fine.

im probably not going to track the car anymore. Might do a session or 2 when I instruct next...but it Sucks!...but I don’t want to ruin the calipers again and spend money on them again. Never thought I’d ever have a Porsche with brakes that are not up to the performance of the car.

I dont know what will get get next. The local Porsche dealers here are not fun to deal with, they are not friendly. This is my 10th new Porsche...last 2 I had to go across the state to buy due to our horrible local Porsche dealers. You’d think after buying 8 various cars from Reeves in Tampa I could get a GT3 from them...nope.
I hear ya. I service 2 r8's and other high end cars and Reeves and despite that they wanted to sell me a GTS at msrp lol..... I ended up flying to Philidelphia and getting a great deal and driving it back. Sad that local dealers around here are horrible... At least I didnt give Champion a shot...
Old 09-23-2018, 12:35 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Great thread - Wish there was an active one for 991.1s as well - and another one for best lap times like the GT4 forum so that we could benchmark our slowness
Old 09-23-2018, 04:33 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by erko1905
Great thread - Wish there was an active one for 991.1s as well - and another one for best lap times like the GT4 forum so that we could benchmark our slowness
Only a point 1 owner would think a GT4 is fast. No highly modded Point 2 cares how slow a GT4 is.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:37 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 144 Posts

Beginning of the end.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Base/S/GTS Modification & Race Track Prep Thread