Old 09-26-2018, 05:02 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 607 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
+1

So would be interested in both options. 350 so lower cost and 380 for higher ultimate capability
Understood. I will have 2 packages available. We just finished the brake ducting. I will have photos of the stock 350mm brakes tomorrow hopefully. I was planning to go with Girodisc for their 350mm setup and then upgrade to our 997.2 GT3 calipers and brackets for the 380mm AFTER COTA next week because I wanna see if I can make the stock brakes fail with our pads, fluid, brake lines and ducts.

The power mods have been done but we have the intercoolers on now too. The center front 3rd radiator is installed but I'm running the OE Porsche coolers because the C&R/PWR bits for the 991.1 require too much backdating. The wheel studs are almost finished, the brake lines are almost done, the suspension is almost all on (sway bars, monoballs, coilovers) and I've already started tweaking the DSC calibration for the PASM.

The safety bits will go on Friday when we install the bar, seats and belts.

I got some sticky Pirelli rubber for the 20" wheels.
Attached Images       
Old 09-26-2018, 09:42 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow!
Old 09-26-2018, 10:38 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 810 Posts

very very nice. time to whoop some gt3s and gt3rs's
Old 09-27-2018, 11:17 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
That's pretty much the intention of this entire project!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:25 AM
AAK GTS
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
That's pretty much the intention of this entire project!
Definitely will be interested in knowing the best route for suspension mods. I'm thinking sway bars (front and/or rear), bolt on sleeves/springs to make the shocks coilovers and DSC.

Already have plans on the Girodiscs being done in November.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:28 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AAK GTS
Definitely will be interested in knowing the best route for suspension mods. I'm thinking sway bars (front and/or rear), bolt on sleeves/springs to make the shocks coilovers and DSC.

Already have plans on the Girodiscs being done in November.
Sounds good. i may end up revising the springs to go to a more linear setup as opposed to progressive ones but this is essentially my starting baseline. I have already revised the tune in the DSC for my sway bars and spring setup so i will have a custom DSC map for the car for the initial test that i plan to revise after we get on track.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:17 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
The center front 3rd radiator is installed but I'm running the OE Porsche coolers because the C&R/PWR bits for the 991.1 require too much backdating.
I got some sticky Pirelli rubber for the 20" wheels.
Looking good John. Could i just clarify the 3rd radiator. Did you fit the PWR upgraded 3rd radiator and leave the Stock left and right ones? Or did you just fit the OEM Porsche 3rd radiator?

Was any additional hardward required, ie plumbing? Are there any software chnages needed to be made to let the ECU know there is a 3rd radiator?

DId you need anything at the front to vent? I have that ACC camera ball out front, I may need a kit to open it up around it?

Congrats on the TrofeoR's. I find Cup 2's epic on the street, and the best all rounder, but the sidewall is still a little soft for the track.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:06 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Yep! I have no doubt this car BGB built will do that and more and be reliable as well. BGB is the best at this type of stuff.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:17 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,030 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yep! I have no doubt this car BGB built will do that and more and be reliable as well. BGB is the best at this type of stuff.
It will be interesting, the extra 1.5 degrees due to RAS is significant (the BGB GTS doesn't have it) and if the GT3/RS is on MPSC2R rubber it wont be a pushover assuming like for like drivers.

I find if GT3 and GTS are on Cup 2 N1 (stock engines) it can be very close.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:10 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
It will be interesting, the extra 1.5 degrees due to RAS is significant (the BGB GTS doesn't have it) and if the GT3/RS is on MPSC2R rubber it wont be a pushover assuming like for like drivers.

I don't know man. My last track day, I thought I was pretty busy on the steering wheel through some twisty sections, until I saw the footage of my friend going through it in his 991.2 GT3. He was just as busy, if not busier.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:10 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Looking good John. Could i just clarify the 3rd radiator. Did you fit the PWR upgraded 3rd radiator and leave the Stock left and right ones? Or did you just fit the OEM Porsche 3rd radiator?

Was any additional hardward required, ie plumbing? Are there any software chnages needed to be made to let the ECU know there is a 3rd radiator?

DId you need anything at the front to vent? I have that ACC camera ball out front, I may need a kit to open it up around it?

Congrats on the TrofeoR's. I find Cup 2's epic on the street, and the best all rounder, but the sidewall is still a little soft for the track.
The PWR/C&R center radiator would have worked by itself as originally intended but my OCD stopped me from doing it, as i want all 3 at once. Given that the 911 does run cooler than the mid-engine Cayman, i chose for this round to go to the track with 3 stock Porsche radiators and my aftermarket AMS intercoolers because i can gather data for folks that may not want to replace the OE radiators. If i were you i would go to the dealership and have them install the factory 991.2 center radiator kit for you and then have them code out the ACC. You don't need it unless you're trying to stalk cars on the street with knife like precision! Nothing up front needs to be changed to vent out the top; you just get their kit from the factory and it comes with an open duct that will replace the one that your ACC sits in. I could be wrong because our car did not have ACC so it might be worth a call first to the dealership but if you have them do it they can use the PIWIS to code the ACC out. Since it's not like the GT3/GT4 setup that vents out the top, you don't need a different front bumper cover. I am fairly certain you don't have to code anything in the ECU either; we never do for the 3rd radiator install. Every now and again i will change the coding in the ECU to the "hot country" option which i think will open things sooner but it's hard knowing at exactly which levels it opens vs. stock. You may already have it in your car; if you pull the option codes or what they call "m-numbers" it will list "hot country."

Originally Posted by mdrums

Thanks buddy! I'm really excited to see how she does. Given your concerns about the brakes holding up we put extra time into making some GT4/GT3 style ducts work to direct more air to the brake components. I can send you pics.

Originally Posted by groundhog

Agreed. A lot of it has to do with the driver and it's probably not fair given how much longer i've been driving than some of the guys that will be out on track with me. I guess i would have to drive the same car back to back but when i drive other peoples' cars i'm rather conservative. I still don't have the aero that those guys do and they have more tire; our car has more torque and more horsepower. It could be a wash but i think it would be cool to get some video harassing some cars that cost $50K - $100K more to purchase! I'm spending more and more time with the DSC controller and it's rather cool because i have control over shock valving and adjustment of 3 different speeds for bump and rebound.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:46 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

This thread is going to cost me a bunch of money : )
The following users liked this post:
Blac-TP (08-31-2021)
Old 10-01-2018, 10:10 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slvr993
This thread is going to cost me a bunch of money : )
And I'm just getting started! Here is the 4-point harness bar I designed with the intention of not ruining access to the rear of the car; this way you can still fit your gear in the back to go to the track! We have sold several already since 2012. It works in all 991s made with sunroof delete.
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2018, 05:10 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

What happens if you have a sunroof? No dice?
Old 10-02-2018, 02:37 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
What happens if you have a sunroof? No dice?
Let me inquire with the last shop that tried to install one. I think that the fitment was rather tight.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Base/S/GTS Modification & Race Track Prep Thread