Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:20 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by shing911500e
Seems like a big miss on Porsche's part.
If we’re going to pick on things like this, then we should all pop open our engine bay and have a look ... see anything missing?

Last edited by Scorponok; 08-13-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello all, new guy here to rennlist. Popped over from the cayman world. I am currently in the process of upgrading from my cayman to a 911T. I placed my order and left a deposit yesterday. Build code is PKYUF6A0. Funny how things work out. I went to a PCA event and made the mistake of riding in a 2010 GT3 RS. It ruined me. Driving my cayman was just not the same. (Base Cayman highly modified) then. I started checking out the 911T online. I was like wow Porsche just did everything I did to my cayman in a 911 from the factory. Got have it. One test drive later and I was hooked.

I was was reading through the thread and saw some comments about sales numbers. I don’t exactly know the numbers but I can say from my research currently the Porsche market is flooded with GT cars and up. I can do a search in Florida and find 50 GT LEVEL PORSCHES for sale. Do the same search and try to find a Carerra S you find less then 6. I believe the Porsche market is currently upside down. Cars like the Base, T and S are not being flipped there being drivin. Also I don’t think they are making nearly as many of the lower tier cars because the flippers are all clambering over them selves to pay ignorant prices for the upper tier cars. So (and this is just my personal view) 25 years from now when these cars are considered classics it will be more difficult to find good condition low mile T or an S than it will be to find a GT3, GT3 rs, R, gt2 rs,
Old 08-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Copperhead37, what's your build date look like? I just ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, so I have the long wait too! Also doing black, btw, but may do a yellow Carrera T interior to match the PCCBs.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:17 PM
ajskydiver
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I initially placed my order 8/1 with a 12/28 delivery (not including time to PEC Atlanta). Here's the final build that grew much more than I expected due to my wife's input. :-) It's a little much but when she says, "You have to get the 18-way...just get the Bose...etc."

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSPFNE6

Winter isn't coming fast enough.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:43 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Just test drive one today and seriously considering picking one up. Fantastic little package. Does anyone happen to have an exhaust on theirs? My only complaint and a minor one at that was it was to quite for me.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:12 PM
BradleyCB
Track Day

Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Our local dealer told us they have an allocation opening up. We are considering placing an order, but we are stumped on a couple of decisions. I figured I would open it up to this group for feedback.

1. I'm torn between Miami Blue and Carrera White Metallic. Do you think the Miami Blue is worth the ~ $2,500 premium over CWM? Would you get tired of Miami Blue after a few months?

2. I like how the sport design package looks, but not too many T owners seem to be ordering it. What do you think? Is it worth $4,500?

I think what might have ruined me is seeing a Miami Blue T that was essentially fully loaded with options. Someone else bought it first, which is probably a good thing, as I would have struggled to pay $126,000 for this one.

I appreciate any input you offer.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by BradleyCB
Our local dealer told us they have an allocation opening up. We are considering placing an order, but we are stumped on a couple of decisions. I figured I would open it up to this group for feedback.

1. I'm torn between Miami Blue and Carrera White Metallic. Do you think the Miami Blue is worth the ~ $2,500 premium over CWM? Would you get tired of Miami Blue after a few months?

2. I like how the sport design package looks, but not too many T owners seem to be ordering it. What do you think? Is it worth $4,500?

I think what might have ruined me is seeing a Miami Blue T that was essentially fully loaded with options. Someone else bought it first, which is probably a good thing, as I would have struggled to pay $126,000 for this one.

I personally do not like the jellybean colors. I think they look a bit cheap and wouldn't consider them. But then I chose GT Silver which many would say is too boring to them. I ordered my car with satin black wheels, black pdls and tinted tails to give a bit more contrast to the car. I also do not care for the sport design front bumper. It looks too busy, choppy and really adds nothing to the performance of the car. The normal front bumper looks more aggressive imo. The rear end of the sport design package is good but not good enough to order the package.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:03 PM
clx764
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like miami blue, i wouldnt have any problens choosing that color.

i spec my with the sport design package, i think gives the car a GTS look in the front... and rear spolier looks amazing when its closed,... maybe in the future the t's wtih sdp can make the car more collectible.( do you thing is gonna be a carrera T for the 992 gen? )
and i also spec wtihout the rear wheel stearing...i think this option takes a bit way the 911 experience...
that's is my opinion 😊
Old 08-14-2018, 08:36 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

First off, i bought a car ‘off the lot’, so.... I won’t get into ‘shoulda woulda coulda’.

I was configurator-ing the car with the SDP, but glad i didn’t do it. If you are going SDP, you’ll HAVE to get the FAL addition. I already am very nervous about low clearance, and it can be tricky to clear ramps with the stock T front end. Be warned.

As for the color, I am in the ‘safe’ camp silver (but almost went white)... but if you intend to keep the car long time, bright isn’t a bad idea. (Bright colors generally lower resell in the early years, but have less impact the longer you keep it)... I love the look of yellow, but red is my fav color. I’ll leave it to you and others on blue.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:52 PM
GreginNH
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m hoping to pull the trigger tomorrow on a GT silver one. The configuration has been an agonizing process.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:57 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

^^ The ethos is to ‘keep it clean’. I don’t have RAS, and don’t miss it. I did end up with LWBS, and LOVE them. I wish the mirrors had LCA (what’s wrong with safety)... but that - with the T interior - about all I’d select. My spec is #2 post.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:12 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Chris 97c2
The dealers told me it should arrive to them in January. Once I gave him the deposit he became a little more optimistic and said last year they made a big push rite before New Years so there is a good chance it could arrive in December. My cayman is triple black and I thank it is just ridiculously nasty and beautiful at the same time. PITA to keep clean but so worth it. With the built T color package ( belts, stitching, door grabs) I think it just pops. I went ahead with the red gauges because I thought it completed the interior design. I have black in my cayman and during the day I can’t see them. Admittedly I do have really dark tint and black interior.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:23 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

I looked at Miami blue and all the other colors before choosing black. In the end the decision factor for me was the interior color working with the exterior. I personally (and that’s the thing. Its what you like based on how long you plan to keep the car) I like the inside to complement the outside. So it flows from the time you see the car as you walk up open the door and then get in. For me I am a crazy purest car nut. I like clean simple function. The only reason I left the decal on the side was because I removed the Carreras T on the back and went with 911. I hated trying to clean out the letters on my cayman. It was impossible.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Still learning the site I answered further done before learning how reply directly
Old 08-15-2018, 07:41 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 46 Posts

1) Miami Blue was my second choice color - I only went with yellow because I'd always wanted a yellow car and this was the first chance I had to buy one that I thought looked great with it.
2) My personal preference is for the standard body, but cosmetics are all subjective and one of the great things about Porsche is that they offer so many options. If you like it & can afford it, go for it!

Last edited by fueledbymetal; 08-16-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>