Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:41 AM
vtrich
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Alex, not sure if you are accumulating info for 2019 builds, but if you are, my car completed production on July 7, arrived Emden on the 13th and left the port yesterday on it's way to Jacksonville. It is a 2019, last 4 of vin = 3061
Old 07-26-2018, 04:40 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern911T
I am not sure how many cars are available, not all, but most for sure. Specs are almost same for euro models than us models. We have folding buckets as an option, but T is unique car anyway in europe and in us, and it will be. After the production ends, those Ts will slowly disappear from the sites.

My dealer does not have any more allocations for T, and there wont be anymore allocations. 992 is coming, so it is not possible to make more Ts. I would guess the production will end very soon for T.

Really hope the T turns into a hidden gem that people will wish they had gotten, especially after the 992 comes out, which'll be more digital/hi-tech.

I totally lucked out and got an a Sept allocation which someone had backed out off in early July. Was originally told by my SA that he was expecting a few more deliveries. I know of atleast two other dealers with one allocation at least.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:17 PM
vtrich
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I just sold a Boxster. It was an 08 RS 60 commemorative. Like the T, it had a number of cool little things that set it apart and made is special from the run of the mill Boxster S but still, in the eyes of the vast majority of people, including Porsche people, it was just a Boxster. Similar to the T,...I think. As has been mentioned here many times, you/we have to be happy with what we choose, not our neighbors.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:27 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 110 Posts

My Premier dealer just received Q4 allocations, no T's. They got 2 '19s no '18s 1st and 2nd quarter '18.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:54 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by vtrich
I just sold a Boxster. It was an 08 RS 60 commemorative. Like the T, it had a number of cool little things that set it apart and made is special from the run of the mill Boxster S but still, in the eyes of the vast majority of people, including Porsche people, it was just a Boxster. Similar to the T,...I think. As has been mentioned here many times, you/we have to be happy with what we choose, not our neighbors.

My being happy is given... everything that might be, in 20 years, would be icing. ....
Old 07-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern911T
Regarding the production figures, if you want to check german site mobile.de, there is about 160 Ts for sale. I think it is a lot, so not selling too good. I suppose they might not produce Ts for too long if it is not selling as they wanted.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...y=PS&scopeId=C
Actually for whatever reason at mobile.de there are always other models (Carrera/GTS) included in the T search. But more importantly the situation in Germany is a bit strange these days: the only MY 2019 991.2 non-GT cars available are GTS 4WD cars (only these will be equipped with the new particulate filter mandatory in EU from 1st September). Therefore the OPCs ordered quite some T's in Carrera disguise (mostly PDK, fully loaded with options) to have at least some Carreras in the showroom until the 992 is available.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:01 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,257 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS

Really enjoying it, love the 9,000 rpm !

It's white, I did what ceramics n sport buckets, but no cage, so I can take our little whippet out too. I did want to see what removing the spoiler would involve, possible but expensive..... now I really like the spoiler

Very nice indeed, congrats! (Sorry for off-topic comment)
Old 07-28-2018, 11:26 AM
BradleyCB
Track Day

Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Good morning all. I read through this forum over the past couple of days and had convinced myself my wife and I needed to join the T owner's club. Our Salt Lake City dealer had a gently "used" Miami Blue T in stock. We called about it. We talked with the manager. We drove down yesterday afternoon to see it. And when we got there...another sales rep had his card on it. Someone called and made a deposit. It was such a beautiful car though! It had the standard interior with yellow pinstripes and yellow seat belts. Now we are waiting to see if this transaction goes through.

While we were there, my wife drove a used GT4. She loved it, but I was still a little disappointed from the T being unavailable.

What do you guys think? As a third car for fun, do you think we should (i) consider the GT4, or (ii) look across the US at one of the other T models still allegedly available?

I appreciate the feedback.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:30 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by BradleyCB
Good morning all. I read through this forum over the past couple of days and had convinced myself my wife and I needed to join the T owner's club. Our Salt Lake City dealer had a gently "used" Miami Blue T in stock. We called about it. We talked with the manager. We drove down yesterday afternoon to see it. And when we got there...another sales rep had his card on it. Someone called and made a deposit. It was such a beautiful car though! It had the standard interior with yellow pinstripes and yellow seat belts. Now we are waiting to see if this transaction goes through.

While we were there, my wife drove a used GT4. She loved it, but I was still a little disappointed from the T being unavailable.

What do you guys think? As a third car for fun, do you think we should (i) consider the GT4, or (ii) look across the US at one of the other T models still allegedly available?

I appreciate the feedback.
If your emphasis is to track a car then the GT4 would be a better choice. Everything else and I'd get a T.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:23 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

On the street I would go T all day long. Having owned a 981S with all of the go fast goodies for 5 years the torque and gearing on the T is what sold me.

The GT4 was just too similar to my Cayman.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got my order placed today! Car should be complete first week of December (hopefully sooner). Very excited! My dealer got 2 T allocations yesterday - both are now already gone.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris - 97C2
Just got my order placed today! Car should be complete first week of December (hopefully sooner). Very excited! My dealer got 2 T allocations yesterday - both are now already gone.
Congrats! What colour and spec have you gone for?
Old 07-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander

Congrats! What colour and spec have you gone for?
Just posted it to the other T thread, but here it is PKX1WUG5
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKX1WUG5
Still considering other colors, but this is my #1 so far. Maybe Carrera White or Guards Red though. Should see a CW T this coming week, so that will help me decide on that.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:34 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris - 97C2
Just posted it to the other T thread, but here it is PKX1WUG5
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKX1WUG5
Still considering other colors, but this is my #1 so far. Maybe Carrera White or Guards Red though. Should see a CW T this coming week, so that will help me decide on that.

Looks very smart indeed and a nice high-end spec. The black bodywork really sets off the PCCBs nicely.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:04 PM
clx764
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys!!! this is my first post here:. i´m from Brazil..
i orded my T last month... my code is PK6VJL39 ..i´m expecting to receive the in sept 15th

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>