Sponsored by: Road Spy

Built4L

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 12:31 AM
scorch
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
No lol, I sized them for the power goal I wanted. They're twin 58mm turbos that should do 1200whp with ease, if they run out of steam I can go the next size up which would be twin 62mm turbos. I've made over 800whp on a single 62mm turbo with other platforms, so I doubt I'll need to go that large.

-Payam
These motors are back pressure sensitive...🤷🏾‍♂️I'll be very curious on your results
Old 03-12-2022, 12:54 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by scorch
These motors are back pressure sensitive...🤷🏾‍♂️I'll be very curious on your results
Based off my header design and how large the tubing is I think it will be okay especially since it's only 200hp/cylinder. With all the sensors I have added we will have the info needed to see what the limiting factor is on my setup.
This is assuming IF we come into some sort of issue with making standard 1000+whp.

-Payam
Old 03-12-2022, 01:06 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Based off my header design and how large the tubing is I think it will be okay especially since it's only 200hp/cylinder. With all the sensors I have added we will have the info needed to see what the limiting factor is on my setup.
This is assuming IF we come into some sort of issue with making standard 1000+whp.

-Payam
Header pipe size (within reason) , has very minimal effect on back pressure. We have pulled 1.75” primary equal length headers off and installed cast iron log manifolds and not see a significant difference.

BP is all turbine size, housing frame size and AR. Basically.

Look into a turbine inducer…,.can not drop a golf ball through it.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:01 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Header pipe size (within reason) , has very minimal effect on back pressure. We have pulled 1.75” primary equal length headers off and installed cast iron log manifolds and not see a significant difference.

BP is all turbine size, housing frame size and AR. Basically.

Look into a turbine inducer…,.can not drop a golf ball through it.
Back pressure is a finicky variable to test but I agree that AR sizing along with turbine wheel is the most important as that's the choke point in turbo applications.
We did testing where going to a larger AR improved spool by about 700rpm and was able to make more power because the graph was pulled to the left.
Also going from a Comp turbo to a Precision turbo (same size + or - 1mm) made a huge difference so I know turbine wheels from different manufacturers is another variable to add into the equation.

Here's some testing I did with an N54(Click on first link off google)
Here

Basically IMO it's hard to compare back pressure vs another persons setup. It's only useful data for the car that's being worked/tuned on.

-Payam

Last edited by BMS; 03-12-2022 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:50 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 961 Likes on 586 Posts

I’m excited to see. You’re sensored up and it will provide a lot of awesome data

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 04-07-2022, 04:54 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Unfortunately still no progress.

-Payam
Old 04-07-2022, 06:02 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 3,065 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There goes my week...

Hopefully, soon.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:06 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There goes my week...

Hopefully, soon.
TCU took a **** somehow, so hopefully they can get a new one in for me and get started. A few grand more here and there is minuscule compared to the whole picture. I just want the car back home

-Payam
Old 04-07-2022, 11:18 PM
8SecDD
Racer

Received 208 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
TCU took a **** somehow, so hopefully they can get a new one in for me and get started. A few grand more here and there is minuscule compared to the whole picture. I just want the car back home

-Payam
Sorry to hear, Payam. Hopefully you'll have it back soon.
BTW: I was very impressed with your knowledge when we met and chatted at tx2k. I can't believe you fabricate everything yourself. Sick! Can't wait to see the final result, my friend. Going to be badass.
Dave
Old 04-08-2022, 12:06 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BMS

-Payam
For sure, it appears to have been a long road to get here, but, it should pay off in spades once it's done.
The following users liked this post:
xhrix (09-05-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 04:19 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 8SecDD
Sorry to hear, Payam. Hopefully you'll have it back soon.
BTW: I was very impressed with your knowledge when we met and chatted at tx2k. I can't believe you fabricate everything yourself. Sick! Can't wait to see the final result, my friend. Going to be badass.
Dave
Thank you for the kind words, but I wish I could fabricate like that. I just design the parts to my needs and my fabricator (Best in socal, IMO) does all the hard work. He used to work for Deeds performance working and fabbing stuff for Promods.
We put both of our heads, knowledge, and experience together to make this turbo kit. There's a lot of custom machining that was done to make factory stuff PNP with my aftermarket add ons. It was definitely good to talk to you and Joe from AIM that day about your car.
He's very knowledgeable and we basically have the same ideas on how to properly setup fast cars. Stuff that I will not disclose as it was between me and him but it seemed like I'm on the right track.

-Payam
Old 04-08-2022, 04:21 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

“We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.”

JFK
BMS (04-08-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 05:25 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS

-Payam
That sucks, seems like the motec stuff is still beta, especially in the shiftings/trans department.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:14 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by arkadyzv
That sucks, seems like the motec stuff is still beta, especially in the shiftings/trans department.
Yes it definitely is. Since I have all those extra sensors, they don't even have the tables for it (Emap, shaft speed, etc)
Since it's beta Wayne can't add the tables himself like he normally would in Syvecs. My car is the guinea pig for Motec pretty much, not so much standalone like people think at the moment.

-Payam
Old 04-10-2022, 08:51 PM
8SecDD
Racer

Received 208 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Thank you for the kind words, but I wish I could fabricate like that. I just design the parts to my needs and my fabricator (Best in socal, IMO) does all the hard work. He used to work for Deeds performance working and fabbing stuff for Promods.
We put both of our heads, knowledge, and experience together to make this turbo kit. There's a lot of custom machining that was done to make factory stuff PNP with my aftermarket add ons. It was definitely good to talk to you and Joe from AIM that day about your car.
He's very knowledgeable and we basically have the same ideas on how to properly setup fast cars. Stuff that I will not disclose as it was between me and him but it seemed like I'm on the right track.

-Payam
Impressive nonetheless, Payam. Your car is going to be a force to be reckoned with when it's done!
Dave
BMS (04-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Built4L