Sponsored by: Road Spy

Built4L

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 04:25 AM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by 8SecDD
Impressive nonetheless, Payam. Your car is going to be a force to be reckoned with when it's done!
Dave
I'm just here to have fun, not to chase any records. Just to have a new personal best and be respected among the "big dogs"
Your car is still leagues ahead of mine and will stay like that

-Payam
The following users liked this post:
SamboTT@ByDesign (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 02:32 PM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Inconel Manifolds

Hello,

Can the inconel manifolds be ordered? Were they jigged? Or are they custom “one off” pieces? Thank you,…

enrique
Old 04-26-2022, 05:42 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hwyranger
Hello,

Can the inconel manifolds be ordered? Were they jigged? Or are they custom “one off” pieces? Thank you,…

enrique
Hi Enrique,

No, these are one off custom parts for my car. If you want inconel manifolds that are mass produced I would contact Sam from By design. They are very nice manifolds made by some of the best people in the industry. @SamboTT@ByDesign

-Payam
Old 04-26-2022, 07:24 PM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Gotcha,…thank you for the prompt response 👍🏼
Old 04-26-2022, 09:04 PM
fel1979
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Yes it definitely is. Since I have all those extra sensors, they don't even have the tables for it (Emap, shaft speed, etc)
Since it's beta Wayne can't add the tables himself like he normally would in Syvecs. My car is the guinea pig for Motec pretty much, not so much standalone like people think at the moment.

-Payam
I have been running MoTeC software from the early versions, and with the current firmware, the driveability is much better than anything that Syvecs could deliver, I have tried for 6 months, the take-off from Syvecs is horrible, it was not something good for someone that wants to use a car on the street.

However, the MoTeC base map is crap, you really need to put the time to make a proper calibration to work, especially the trans tables. My car drives awesome. We have almost the same sensors, I just have a few more EGT's.

Have you done anything to address the head gasket failures, pushing coolant on those cars after 1.000whp?

Congrats on the project..

PS: I bought your exhaust manifold.

Last edited by fel1979; 04-26-2022 at 09:08 PM. Reason: add some information
Old 04-26-2022, 10:35 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,136 Likes on 3,129 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Yes it definitely is. Since I have all those extra sensors, they don't even have the tables for it (Emap, shaft speed, etc)
Since it's beta Wayne can't add the tables himself like he normally would in Syvecs. My car is the guinea pig for Motec pretty much, not so much standalone like people think at the moment.

-Payam
I did the same thing with Hydra, many moons ago, on my STi...

I hope you have better success than myself.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:10 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fel1979
I have been running MoTeC software from the early versions, and with the current firmware, the driveability is much better than anything that Syvecs could deliver, I have tried for 6 months, the take-off from Syvecs is horrible, it was not something good for someone that wants to use a car on the street.

However, the MoTeC base map is crap, you really need to put the time to make a proper calibration to work, especially the trans tables. My car drives awesome. We have almost the same sensors, I just have a few more EGT's.

Have you done anything to address the head gasket failures, pushing coolant on those cars after 1.000whp?

Congrats on the project..

PS: I bought your exhaust manifold.
I have heard that exactly from a lot of Syvecs people that have moved onto Motec. Seems like the Motec is more refined and better all around.
My engine has an O ringed block, so it should have a bit more sealing to help alleviate that issue with high boost.

Yes, I remember now! You got the Agency power headers from me.

-Payam
The following users liked this post:
fel1979 (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 11:12 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
I did the same thing with Hydra, many moons ago, on my STi...

I hope you have better success than myself.
I hope so too man. Right now I've just been getting a slew of excuses followed by just being ignored while other projects (that were never there when I dropped off my car) are being finished before mine...

-Payam
Old 04-27-2022, 03:56 AM
Nikolov
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
I have heard that exactly from a lot of Syvecs people that have moved onto Motec. Seems like the Motec is more refined and better all around.
Yeah first/rear gear engagement can be pretty bad on the Syvecs. Emre managed to make mine almost as OEM though. Overall there are some compromises you have to make if you compare it to OEM drivability. As Sam warned me a while ago, the Syvecs does offer solutions to some problems, but it comes with it's own can of worms. That was a pretty accurate description

Last edited by Nikolov; 04-27-2022 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:56 AM
2018911TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
I hope so too man. Right now I've just been getting a slew of excuses followed by just being ignored while other projects (that were never there when I dropped off my car) are being finished before mine...

-Payam
Wow sorry to hear that Payam. Definitely not cool. Have you raised these points with the shop?
Wishing you the best in getting your project completed in a fair manner.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS

-Payam
Unfortunately sometimes when you do a build like yours it ends up being a bit of a science project with the shop. I remember building my 1000HP vette and trying a custom 16 injector sheetmetal intake with an extended fuel controller that kicked in the other 8 injectors based on MAP and fueling needs. The premise was it would be the best of both worlds instead of 8 large injectors which often times drip and are rich at idle and low speeds. It took forever to tune. So many unforeseen things like terrible transients due to heat soak of the sheetmetal intake underhood. The fuel would evaporate on the intake walls and cause a lean bog during transient throttle. I can’t imagine needing to reconfigure a complete ECU to an aftermarket and having near stock drivability. I’m sure it can be done but needs a lot testing based on hardware.

16 injector sheetmetal intake
Old 04-27-2022, 12:13 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,136 Likes on 3,129 Posts

Not to take away from the thread, but that is one sexy intake.

On my builds, I use a number of thermal management techniques, coatings, to keep heat in some places, and out if others. A thermal dispersent on that intake would likely of helped with heat soak; I recently upgraded the intercoolers on my 996 and had them coated - on a very warm day, sitting in traffic, intake air did not go above 86f, and the moment I was running, it never went above 100. It's neat stuff.

With respect to the issue at hand, it is never easy easy being a trailblazer on a new project, and I suspect the shop took the project on with a set of expectations that have not been realized, and now, unfortunately, you are started to see that misunderstanding trickle down to you.

I hope it's sorted soon, the longer it takes, the costlier it will get, and the more irritated everyone will become.

Cheers,

Old 04-27-2022, 01:06 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,120 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Ttz06vette
Unfortunately sometimes when you do a build like yours it ends up being a bit of a science project with the shop. I remember building my 1000HP vette and trying a custom 16 injector sheetmetal intake with an extended fuel controller that kicked in the other 8 injectors based on MAP and fueling needs. The premise was it would be the best of both worlds instead of 8 large injectors which often times drip and are rich at idle and low speeds. It took forever to tune. So many unforeseen things like terrible transients due to heat soak of the sheetmetal intake underhood. The fuel would evaporate on the intake walls and cause a lean bog during transient throttle. I can’t imagine needing to reconfigure a complete ECU to an aftermarket and having near stock drivability. I’m sure it can be done but needs a lot testing based on hardware.

16 injector sheetmetal intake
Awesome Craftsmanship. Got to see one with Graham at LPE. The MAF transition plus transients gave him headaches, but he was smart enough to get it sorted.

Then the ID2000 came out. Game over.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:21 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

There's a lot of stuff that's been kept under wraps as I'm a very, very patient person. I'm in the same industry so I understand how things are and can be. I was promised (again) that my car will be ready for NFZ half mile event in Bakersfield,CA on May 7th for racing and testing. Until then I will just try and keep things civil and professional.

PS, there are 3-4 other running cars that have the same setup and sensors as me so it's definitely not anything new to them...

-Payam
Old 04-27-2022, 02:07 PM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
There's a lot of stuff that's been kept under wraps as I'm a very, very patient person. I'm in the same industry so I understand how things are and can be. I was promised (again) that my car will be ready for NFZ half mile event in Bakersfield,CA on May 7th for racing and testing. Until then I will just try and keep things civil and professional.

PS, there are 3-4 other running cars that have the same setup and sensors as me so it's definitely not anything new to them...

-Payam
Thanks good!

Quick Reply: Built4L