Sponsored by: Road Spy

Built4L

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 04:09 PM
Payam
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by vrybad
Thinking out loud, is there a way to run meth through a port injection system for properly calibrated additional fuel, feeding from a secondary tank, kind of like meth now but instead of plenum injection, use port injection thru a Syvecs-like system using engine sensor feedback to control it?
Would it make sense?
Yes, of course. Just run a traditional methanol kit to the port injection rails and use traditional injectors. That's the best way to tune as you can control the injector flow vs meth nozzles you can't and need check valves before each nozzle etc.
We make methanol port injection kits for our customers to run in the BMWs. Lots of people run it when they don't have access to e85 but still need additional fuel volume.

Originally Posted by Nikolov
I've talked with both Sam and Emre about running PI with a Syvecs controller on the stock ECU, but both think it will be too hard to make the stock ECU work with the extra fuel.
Shouldn't be a problem. That's literally how tons of other platforms do it when they need supplemental fueling, same concept will work here.
Set what you need in the flash, and start low. You will need to tune the PI controller as you go up with power as well.

Originally Posted by DubaiPorsche
interesting

im running a good amount of meth on my car + port injection + di injection.

so far havent noticed any of that looking at logs but i do see how it could negatively impact things as you said
Do you have EGT per cylinder? If so, you should be able to see uneven flow that way. If one cylinder is getting hotter vs others, you'll know it's not getting even distribution.
The following users liked this post:
subaru335i (01-05-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 01:55 AM
Supernutz
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update Payam? I'm thinking about doing the same build.
Old 06-13-2024, 02:10 PM
Payam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Supernutz
Any update Payam? I'm thinking about doing the same build.
No updates, just excuse after excuse from Evospec. The original timeline was 2-3 weeks to R&R the engine. It's been 5 months now lol...
He sent a picture of an engine in March "it's ready to be picked up" Sent an invoice and I paid for it. Then I send my guy to go pick up the engine... welp no engine ready for Payam.
Now just excuses and keeps dodging my texts.

If you want a fast reliable working Porsche, send it to AIM Performance in NJ. Don't be a dumbass like me
Old 06-13-2024, 03:19 PM
lituoklis88
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam
No updates, just excuse after excuse from Evospec. The original timeline was 2-3 weeks to R&R the engine. It's been 5 months now lol...
He sent a picture of an engine in March "it's ready to be picked up" Sent an invoice and I paid for it. Then I send my guy to go pick up the engine... welp no engine ready for Payam.

If you want a fast reliable working Porsche, send it to AIM Performance in NJ. Don't be a dumbass like me
yeah, same thing here... except i wasnt even able to get a hold of him.... mine needed to go back to him, due to something going wrong.... so much for that...
Old 06-13-2024, 09:51 PM
TurboSlipNot
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

id be careful with that, still sorting through their... "ingenuity" and exclusivity clause re access to Emre. Mines almost sorted, wavetrac is giving us hell though (again, no fan of their craftsmanship) but with GoAuto handling the reconfiguration it is producing great curves and will be bullet proof enough to transport a baby. Might be worth giving them a call if you're in a jam, at least they're open and informative about the process prior and during while delivering unlocked systems when done (as well as using kit more commonly supportable in the US)

Last edited by TurboSlipNot; 06-15-2024 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:10 PM
Payam
Instructor

Originally Posted by TurboSlipNot
id be careful with that, still sorting through their... "ingenuity" and exclusivity clause re access to Emre. Mines almost sorted, wavetrac is giving us hell though (again, no fan of their craftsmanship) but with GoAuto handling the reconfiguration it is producing great curves and will be bullet proof enough to transport a baby. Might be worth giving them a call if you're in a jam, at least they're open and informative about the process prior and during while delivering unlocked systems when done (as well as using kit more commonly supportable in the US)
Give who a call about what? Sorry, I'm really confused on what you're talking about, are you sure you're in the correct thread?
Old 06-18-2024, 10:19 PM
TurboSlipNot
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Give who a call about what? Sorry, I'm really confused on what you're talking about, are you sure you're in the correct thread?
yes, yes I am. Comment is in reference to the AIM suggestion - read the fine print of their contracts, selling the car will be a problem as will having anyone else work on it. Their arrangement w esm allows for blame shifting and they are not as careful or detail oriented as Emre (down to torque specs on motor he did and driveline they assembled). My car was originally built by them - there are issues to include a loose wavetrac which never should have left the bay, exclusivity nonsense in even getting build records, and locked out digital components. I'm a decades long open source developer (infosec) - this is not owning a car, its being pwned by a bunch of folks from jersey of all places . They do well by some customers who spend big bucks and get large amounts of attention but they aren't great at supporting new customers who don't feel like shipping their car every time a rattle appears. I've run against their McLarens and some 911s and seen more than one car hauled off on a truck with an immobilizing mechanical fault from their apparent disregard for safety margin. Difference between a place like that and one which ships builds made to spec worldwide with blueprints and collegiate support for the local mechanic is night and day. This is engineering where legitimate innovators patent while others hide the corners they cut behind "trade secrets."
Old 06-18-2024, 10:31 PM
Payam
Instructor

yes, yes I am. Comment is in reference to the AIM suggestion - read the fine print of their contracts, selling the car will be a problem as will having anyone else work on it. Their arrangement w esm allows for blame shifting and they are not as careful or detail oriented as Emre (down to torque specs on motor he did and driveline they assembled). My car was originally built by them - there are issues to include a loose wavetrac which never should have left the bay, exclusivity nonsense in even getting build records, and locked out digital components. I'm a decades long open source developer (infosec) - this is not owning a car, its being pwned by a bunch of folks from jersey of all places . They do well by some customers who spend big bucks and get large amounts of attention but they aren't great at supporting new customers who don't feel like shipping their car every time a rattle appears. I've run against their McLarens and some 911s and seen more than one car hauled off on a truck with an immobilizing mechanical fault from their apparent disregard for safety margin. Difference between a place like that and one which ships builds made to spec worldwide with blueprints and collegiate support for the local mechanic is night and day. This is engineering where legitimate innovators patent while others hide the corners they cut behind "trade secrets."
Got it, I understand. Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate the honesty. I know shops may not be perfect, however the recent records with AIM vs the others seem to show a better outcome.
Old 06-19-2024, 09:17 AM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts

Just observations, not here to defend anyone, I've had a car done by AIM and it did what I asked them for.
It sounds like you bought a car built by AIM for someone else, just trying to understand?
It also sounds like the car may have had problems before it was purchased by you.
I'm wondering why, if it is accurate that the car had issues, these things weren't sorted by the original owner?
I can understand why any shop wouldn't want anyone else wrenching on their bigger builds, particularly if there are issues that need to be addressed.
Again, just trying to understand, you leave out a lot of info that would help clarify your points.
Old 06-25-2024, 11:36 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 239 Posts

back to payam's problems.. hopefully that motor shows soon buddy. my 911 is so lonely without you! sucks we have to drive R8's on weekends instead.

Quick Reply: Built4L